Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
I have been helping new players get into the game for years. Affixing is literally the worst thing to explain to a new player. It's a bad system due to reasons already stated above. Most new players aren't interested in "doing research" and going to Japanese sites that are hard to navigate to find out very little info. The system isn't bad for those who have played forever and don't care spending hours looking up what goes with what but most players wont want to. Find a new player and just give them the affix simulator, give them a basic idea what to go for and see how long it takes them to even get it. Let's not even get to the idea of making fodder for fodder for fodder of your final piece that costs like 40m that still only has an 80% chance of success.
last week i helped my friend in everything in order to craft an atlas EX rifle , first in the conversion (due to his luck) then the affixing .

that part was the hardest to explain , the main tip i gave him was focus on increase the number of effects up to 8 and always pick the S-abilities first just for prevent accidents .