Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I guess i am finished with PSO 2

Just got my email from SEGA ID support and was told i could not be assisted because im not a japanese speaking customer which i figured would be the case, im not locked out my account i just dont have anyway to fully log in, so unless there is another app i can set up besides google authenticator then i am finished and all my hard work down the drain.

Sorry to hear that. I always thought that OTP thing they had before might be a trap for non-JP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndolin View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I always thought that OTP thing they had before might be a trap for non-JP.
    It's not. Everything about LovelyCorrinn's current problem is user error.

Go play Fortnite then.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCorinn View Post
    Just got my email from SEGA ID support and was told i could not be assisted because im not a japanese speaking customer which i figured would be the case, im not locked out my account i just dont have anyway to fully log in, so unless there is another app i can set up besides google authenticator then i am finished and all my hard work down the drain.
    there was a reason people in the past warned others to write down anything related to OTP so this kind of stuff didn't happen, you also should have tried to find someone who can speak JP pretty well enough to translate the help message to them or at worse winged a Google Translate e-mail

If you haven't been in like over a year, jumping into the game again now wouldnt be nearly as bad, you got 2 summer LQs for gearing up Atra EX and Lightstream weapons dropping like crazy and 2nd best units easily obtainable with badge conversions. The only thing you lose are Phasion and any extra Characters you had beyond the 3 default ones which while the grind sucks, you can be 90/90 in less than a week depending how much time you're putting in.

other than that, gl finding your info I guess
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jul 25, 2019 at 09:46 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Even if i was to start over wouldnt i still be facing the same issue? being unable to log in due to not having an OTP?

And yes kondibon is right, because me not knowing i was supposed to clear the authenticator before wiping my phone and left the codes in there put me in this spot, and great pan i do play Fortnite, i just wanted to come back to PSO 2 its been over 2 years since i played

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCorinn View Post
    And yes kondibon is right, because me not knowing i was supposed to clear the authenticator before wiping my phone and left the codes in there put me in this spot, and great pan i do play Fortnite, i just wanted to come back to PSO 2 its been over 2 years since i played
    why would you be going through the same issue? you would literally make a new account and start from scratch and given that you havent played in 2yrs your gear now is already obsolete with the current power creep so you'd be working toward the current top gear

and fyi Sega dropped OTP a while ago (unless im wrong my friend had the same issue as you but he has access to his account to play still). OTP isnt even required either and while yes that extra storage space is nice, everyone has access to:

200 Default
    300 Character storage
    100 Es Storage
    500 SG Storage (cost 100 SG per month to upkeep, easy to manage)
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jul 26, 2019 at 02:19 AM.
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    -snip-
    fyi Sega dropped OTP a while ago (unless im wrong my friend had the same issue as you but he has access to his account to play still).
    Sega dropped Secure OTP support and replaced it with Google Authenticator. Which you can download apps like Authy or Lastpass Authenticator, both of which support google's authentication system and provide online backups.

Sega isn't pushing this on people anymore because of the shop password, but you can disable this if you have the 2FA option enabled on your account, plus you get monthly benefits (like free 100% Tri's and 250% RDR's) other than the extra storage.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    Sega dropped Secure OTP support and replaced it with Google Authenticator. Which you can download apps like Authy or Lastpass Authenticator, both of which support google's authentication system and provide online backups.

Sega isn't pushing this on people anymore because of the shop password, but you can disable this if you have the 2FA option enabled on your account, plus you get monthly benefits (like free 100% Tri's and 250% RDR's) other than the extra storage.
    Ah ok i knew they used something elae but i didnt know the name of it
    PSO2 NGS