Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If have to pay for a game and end the end i'm left with nothing then whats the point?PSO(GC)had chars saves on MC and a offline option,why is it so hard to add this to current pso games?Todays games companies make games online only limit there value and only do it to have the game become worthless to force you to buy the next version of the game.I truly saddened that pso players just accept server side saving as normal nowadays,there was a time when your char was yours stored on your system and useable offline and online,when i have to pay 60 bucks and what ever the dlc ends up costing and i'm left with nothing but a useless game and no chars after 1000ths of hours of work to level them up, when the game ends,i'm the fool and ST the winner,i'm not gonna play the fool this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Saligun View Post
    If have to pay for a game and end the end i'm left with nothing then whats the point?PSO(GC)had chars saves on MC and a offline option,why is it so hard to add this to current pso games?Todays games companies make games online only limit there value and only do it to have the game become worthless to force you to buy the next version of the game.I truly saddened that pso players just accept server side saving as normal nowadays,there was a time when your char was yours stored on your system and useable offline and online,when i have to pay 60 bucks and what ever the dlc ends up costing and i'm left with nothing but a useless game and no chars after 1000ths of hours of work to level them up, when the game ends,i'm the fool and ST the winner,i'm not gonna play the fool this time...
    Well you don't actually have to pay anything; PSO2 is f2p and can be played without ever needing to spend a dime as there is no actual gameplay content behind any pay wall.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jul 29, 2019 at 01:25 PM.

PSO2 is F2P, so you're not buying anything unless you want to.

That said, as much as it sucks, online games nowadays are online-only for a few reasons:

1) when the company stops supporting the game, it wants you to move onto their next product instead of playing the old one;
    2) local saving means it's easy to cheat and give your character anything, which makes it unfair to other players... and the company as well, because microtransaction munny;
    3) there aren't any competitors that can make a game like these ones, but with the offline functionality, because there isn't really a market for it. Oldschool gamers are a really tiny minority ever since 7th gen console generation. That's when the industry started focusing on bringing in as many new players as possible and taking advantage of their cluelessness of what makes a good game, setting a lot of trends it's still filled with (like MTX, preorder bonuses, empty open worlds, putting YOBA graphics over gameplay etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Saligun View Post
    I feel the same sentiment and can only hope they release some sort of offline client for PSO2 whenever the game goes down but they didn't do this with PSU and with PSO3 (when the time happens) is on the horizon, I'm sure they'll want as many people focus on PSO3 than 2 or they wouldnt care knowing people would still play PSO3 anyways. I do occasionally go back and play PSO1/2 GC here and there for nostalgia sake

Private servers are nice and all but take forever to get going and takes a lot of time and dedication to get them up and running for people to start using them without too many issues.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

The only way we will ever have a local PSO2 is if the community can manage to do the same thing that was done with PSOBB, then create our own local server.