Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

it's hard to tell with sega of japan sometimes; at least in PSO2's case it looks like initial development had global release in mind, but that got canned sometime long before alpha, but not before they had some hints baked into a few places like the dragonkin language resembling what PSO1's Word Select system could have evolved into.

ultimately it seems like Sega of Japan didn't want to foot the bill for the costs of running other servers, localizing the content, and training support staff for language coverage; but seems to be all for finding other companies willing to handle that for their own regions. The fact that Microsoft couldn't even confirm Europe will be officially supported when they made their announcement makes me think SoJ is still clinging onto that idea even more than they reasonably could be.

the next game being global out of the gate is certainly possible; but unless Isao Okawa has been brought back from his grave I don't see SoJ having a sudden change of heart

Gacha is de facto forbidden in Europe if you plan on a global release, so the game would need to be changed a lot or trimmed a lot. In my eyes, it seems like the obvious culprit for the lack of announcement.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Quote Originally Posted by Saffran View Post
    Gacha is de facto forbidden in Europe if you plan on a global release, so the game would need to be changed a lot or trimmed a lot. In my eyes, it seems like the obvious culprit for the lack of announcement.
    This is entirely false.
    Only Belgium has something against this.

All mobile games with gacha like and loot boxes exist here and they're not illegal (even in Belgium, they just require the "adult only" signs -and I know this effectively kills the audience of a game).
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Well, the situation is bound to have some changes when the EA trial will be finished. (unless this was settled and I didn't hear about it, which would be odd...)
    I'd imagine companies being patiently waiting for the results of that before making decisions.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Well, the situation is bound to have some changes when the EA trial will be finished. (unless this was settled and I didn't hear about it, which would be odd...)
    I'd imagine companies being patiently waiting for the results of that before making decisions.
    Well UK concluded loot boxes are not gambling by their current law. Sad.
    I'd imagine there's currently heavy lobbying so that current law stays in force and they don't try to update it.

US is investigating. IMO it looks like our best chance to get rid of loot boxes and it's still a slim chance.
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

pso2 already lists the gacha rates which is what the us regulators are looking at making a mandatory practice. ive heard that japan already regulates gacha.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

Quote Originally Posted by zandra117 View Post
    pso2 already lists the gacha rates which is what the us regulators are looking at making a mandatory practice. ive heard that japan already regulates gacha.
    From what I understand, the April 2016 CESA agreement that lead to SEGA disclosing the odds for the AC scratch technically only applied to mobile game gachas, meaning the reason that they added the odds to the AC scratch site is becuase you can also play that scratch through PSO2es, though I'm not sure if the agreement has become more far-reaching to include console/PC games since then.

An Afternoon Book Burning modoru's Avatar

If you mean the FIFA trial, that got settled in January.
    ship02 / playerID: modos / the pso2es dream is dead

I don't know why Sega is getting lumped in with EA when all of there loot boxes stuff you are paying for convenience.

Honestly...if you truly waiting for Europe server your probably going to be in for a bad time.

1. As risk-averse as Sega JP is. I don't see them footing a bill for a Europe server. Hell getting a server in the US maybe Global enough for them.
    2. Which means you going to need Microsoft to do it...and well they may not be so gung-ho about putting another game with loot boxes as well.

So I would say min you're going to wait for 6 mons to a year once the U.S. server is open.

And ultimately what I suspect will happen is sever gets opened they slap a few more warning labels any time you pull from a scratch the end.

Politicians get to go back to there districts and say "Look how much I care". You just have to jump through a few more hoops to spend AC.

*regarding the main topic of the thread

While the timeline would make sense to start development on the next Pso or Psu sequel. This could be another Pso2 nova as well.
    Last edited by starwind75043; Aug 14, 2019 at 02:28 PM.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.