Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

A new game would be cool that said, please let it not be the guys making PSo2, those guys are as reliable as those gits who kickstart mmos.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    A new game would be cool that said, please let it not be the guys making PSo2, those guys are as reliable as those gits who kickstart mmos.
    whoever is in charge lets just hope EP4 and 5 mistakes does not repeat in the new game

also better not involve time travel like EP1 did in matter of story ; that element by it self complicate a lot any story

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

if they are going to make a new engine for it and not just make the next floor of the Tower of Ductape and Paperclips we have now; they would probably need to start working on that within the next year or two just to have something stable in maybe 5 years from now.

however it's entirely possible they are looking to hire new people to work on pso2 as well; part of what screwed up early episode 5 was that sega shifted a bunch of people out of PSCrew to work on other projects, which might have been a reason the flat boring buster field was used for anything more than the tutorial, among other things. the isakai setting would have been fantastic if they had more people to work on it, if some of that early ep5 concept art was anything more than just some spitballed ideas that didn't stick.

for the record, the other part they screwed up with ep5 included horrible ideas such as "people will want to abandon all of the other classes in the game for this one, single advanced class" and "let us design a quest specifically tailored for this single class everybody is going to move to, who cares if it will be horrible for some of these other classes to even exist there"

im just going to be extremely grumpy forever because aside from the quest itself, the main match / free match / buster medal systems were all good ideas that just needed more and continued support, but thanks to being tied to a single quest many people disliked, those ideas will get swept under the rug. armada's using it's own medal system here, but so far it has yet to show me how they will be supporting it and keeping it relevant into the future; unlike every other quest-based item collection exchange before it.
    Last edited by Zorak000; Aug 21, 2019 at 05:35 PM.

New Sakura Taisen is using the Hedgehog Engine 2, it launches this year in Japan and next year west, I don't expect PSO3 to use a different engine.

Oh no... Sonic Forces was an absolute disaster in terms of visuals (looking worse than Sonic Unleashed from last gen, and running worse than Unleashed Project on PC too), and this game's fx, lighting and reflections look even worse (at times it even feels like it has a bad case of PSP bloom). PSO3 better look NOTHING like these two.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

pso2 doesn't use the hedgehog engine so I don't expect the next phantasy star to use the hedgehog engine 2.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

Quote Originally Posted by zandra117 View Post
    pso2 doesn't use the hedgehog engine so I don't expect the next phantasy star to use the hedgehog engine 2.
    PSO2 does use the hedgehog engine.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

Quote Originally Posted by エリュシオン View Post
    PSO2 does use the hedgehog engine.
    I can't find an official source on that. I remember there being a big discussion here about how PSO2 might have performed better if they did use the hedgehog engine. A few fan wikis claim that it is hedgehog engine with no source. and wikipedia has a section on pso2's talk page disputing the assertion that pso2 uses hedgehog engine, apparently the wikipedia page used to claim that pso2 was hedgehog engine but it has been removed after the claim was disputed.

I think people get confused because of PSO's old association with Sonic Team but the last Phantasy Star game that Sonic Team ever worked on was the first Phantasy Star Portable released on July 31, 2008. That was before the hedgehog engine debut in Sonic Unleashed.
    All Phantasy Star games from Phantasy Star Portable 2 onward have been developed by a different studio other than Sonic Team.
    http://www.sonicteam.com/ lists everything that they have worked on for all consoles. Sonic Team has pretty much exclusively focused on Sonic and Puyo Puyo since 2008.
    Last edited by zandra117; Aug 24, 2019 at 12:25 AM.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

Just because Hedgehog Engine was developed by (now non-existing) Sonic Team, it does not mean that they are the only studio that is "allowed" to use it. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games used it and it was developed by a different team within Sega. Also I think the new game in the Sakura series uses it despite being again a different development studio.

That being said, I cannot find information on the internet that solidifies if PSO2 uses the Hedgehog Engine. At the same time, if it did, players would have discovered it, just as they have found files in Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games that "betrayed" its use.

Quote Originally Posted by zandra117 View Post
    they said they used it for Phantasy Star Universe and pretty sure they announced it at some point during this games near release that they were still using it (and the old PSU servers). I however am not going to dig through pages of info on bumped to find it.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers