Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

People really gotta get off this PSO3 delusion.
    Just cause you got issues with the game, like we all do, doesn't mean Sega is going to abandon such a super profitable game to start the sequel out of nowhere.

Not just that next year there is a Western release that is likely to be really popular cause so many people were waiting for it and cause it has the same content as the Japanese version (even if we don't know what's gonna happen to collabs).

PSO2 is not just getting ever more popular but also improving all the time since Sega actually listens to players (even if they get confused / pick the easy way out at times like not shortening the time it takes to use shift pas on phantom but rather making markers easier to see) and if they dropped one big texture pack to upgrade the game to at the time current graphics they can do it again when tier 6 becomes outdated.

So in short there is no reason whatsoever for Sega to even think about a sequel to this popular and profitable game but instead focus entirely on making PSO2 as good and popular as they can till at least the planned 10 episodes are done but even then it's possible the game will receive more content if it's still popular enough.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    People really gotta get off this PSO3 delusion.
    Just cause you got issues with the game, like we all do, doesn't mean Sega is going to abandon such a super profitable game to start the sequel out of nowhere.

Not just that next year there is a Western release that is likely to be really popular cause so many people were waiting for it and cause it has the same content as the Japanese version (even if we don't know what's gonna happen to collabs).

PSO2 is not just getting ever more popular but also improving all the time since Sega actually listens to players (even if they get confused / pick the easy way out at times like not shortening the time it takes to use shift pas on phantom but rather making markers easier to see) and if they dropped one big texture pack to upgrade the game to at the time current graphics they can do it again when tier 6 becomes outdated.

So in short there is no reason whatsoever for Sega to even think about a sequel to this popular and profitable game but instead focus entirely on making PSO2 as good and popular as they can till at least the planned 10 episodes are done but even then it's possible the game will receive more content if it's still popular enough.
    im laughing
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Planned 10 episodes? they planned 10 years, who knows how many episodes, I wouldn't be surprised if current Shiva arc was the final one. You should not be so attached to your online games, they always end, and no tier 7 or 8 could make a miracle, pso2 was graphically outdated from launch since they were aiming for the game to work even for the people that was still playing psobb. Still they seem to be starting based on those last jobs, so a couple or three years wouldn't be surprising, just in time for the 10 years mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    im laughing
    Good for you?

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Good for you?
    you're acting as though the company isnt going to put out something better for everyone to play that they HAVE TO stick to PSO2 and nothing else. I mean I'd be surprised they pull the WoW treatment and overhaul the entire game but YOUR delusion that they have to stick to PSO2 or its nothing is whats hilarious
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

I think the lack of moveable fingers alone is a huge reason for them to want to develop a PSO3. They can't do that with the existing game as it has accrued MASSIVE technical debt due to how old it is and the sheer number of assets it's accumulated. Believing that they could just do another graphical makeover of the existing stuff is naive in the extreme. It simply isn't realistic.

As so much of the game's appeal comes from the fashion aspect, starting over with fresh new character models in 2020 graphics would be a massive boon to their popularity. I don't doubt that the penny-pinchers at SEGA are really looking forward to seeing this potential realized. That's disregarding how much differently the game could play if they use the current advanced classes as a basis (making the game even more of an over-the-top "stylish" action game).

I fully expect we'll see an announcement in 2020 at the very least. A game likely targeted towards the next generation of consoles and PC. That's my prediction, anyways. We'll see how things go.

If they are now looking for these positions, then chances are that the game still has 2 to 4 years of active development before going live, depending on how much content they intend to "pre-produce" and have ready for the first patches.

The engine is "probably" ready since they don't ask for engineers. Assuming that it will not be announced early enough to avoid (a) reducing interest in PSO2 and (b) killing interest between initial announcement and release, my prediction is that it will be announced in late 2021 or in 2022, with the game releasing in late 2022 or in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    If they are now looking for these positions, then chances are that the game still has 2 to 4 years of active development before going live, depending on how much content they intend to "pre-produce" and have ready for the first patches.

The engine is "probably" ready since they don't ask for engineers. Assuming that it will not be announced early enough to avoid (a) reducing interest in PSO2 and (b) killing interest between initial announcement and release, my prediction is that it will be announced in late 2021 or in 2022, with the game releasing in late 2022 or in 2023.
    The question then becomes what will they do regarding PSO2 when that time comes, though I guess it depends on how profitable they still see it at that time. My hope is they do a PSOBB/PSU scenario where they co-exist for some time, rather than a PSU/PSO2 one where PSU users were just given a month's notice that the game was shutting down less than a month after PSO2 launched; now I'm not expecting 4 years like PSOBB/PSU, but even an extra year to get people to jump ship to the new game is better than 2 months.

Well FFXI PC servers is still active right now despite the existence of FFXIV ARR. So I wouldn't be surprised if Sega will keep supporting the game or just keep the servers alive as long as there are decent amount of players playing it along with the next PS game.

But FFXI has a mandatory monthly fee, same as PSOBB and PSU, and unlike PSO2, if they give it an extra year it would be just out of charity, and any scratch would be meaningless knowing the imminent shutdown (unless players just spend money for the sake of spending money).