Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

I've heard somewhere that Hedgehog Engine was in development as far back as 2004, but can't find the source

I'm really hoping it's PSU2. Whatever it is I hope they don't do this action game, stats are irrelevant, just get moar atks junk. If it weren't for this game being riddled with pretty hair I can have there's no way I would keep coming back.
    Seems accurate. This is the new one.
    v2.567486457.968

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    I've heard somewhere that Hedgehog Engine was in development as far back as 2004, but can't find the source
    Sonic Unleashed was released in late 2008, so 2004 seems like a very plausible date for an engine prototype.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

no matter what engine they used for this game; I just hope that for the next game they can more properly rework core infrastructure concepts if they need to, instead of just working around them. like please just decouple quest instances from lobby instances... it was fine for 4 player parties in PSO and 6 player parties in PSU since everything was already single-party content; but if they're going to keep doing multi-party stuff they need to let us match up with any available multiparty, block size and premium space have a tendency to get in the way a lot here. even if you are premium, if you're in a block that has entered premium space and your MPA is 7/12, non-premium memebers aren't going to get multi-block-drifted into your MPA so you're stuck because nobody wants to launch if there's still room.

granted making specific skills less important like the WB nerf was likely a good call for the future, since adding more classes becomes a bit of a moot point if every 4-player quest is going to need a ranger (and a techer, or even a te/ra if you really wanna shift all the support onto a single person) to keep the quest moving along at a reasonable pace.

More importantly, PSO3 needs a worldwide release + consoles. It's gross that we were basically lied to and will get the game in NA like 7 years later

Quote Originally Posted by SELENNA View Post
    More importantly, PSO3 needs a worldwide release + consoles. It's gross that we were basically lied to and will get the game in NA like 7 years later
    I'm actually not opposed to not getting a NA release. Having to play the game in Japanese has drawn out how enjoyable it's been a crazy amount. The two weeks it would've taken to learn everything in the game took like two years.
    Seems accurate. This is the new one.
    v2.567486457.968