Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    How useful is ds skip arts? I dunno how it affects dps (tbh mostly using db) but I mainly notice accidentally not pressing a direction when I want to use the full pa
    You should skill ds skip arts 100% since the skip arts versions of PAs all have specific uses that you won't get with input versions
    -Qasar skip arts is a nice aoE with okay damage and a parry tacked in, which makes it great to deal with trash mobs without having to reposition and/or switch to wand.
    - Saber Destruction skip arts is great for doing decent DPS while staying in place and is pretty PP efficient.
    - Shooting star skip arts is a very accurate projectile. An absolute must vs most luminmechs (lets you hit their weakpoint very easily as long as you're not too far away from the locked-on target)
    - Celestial Collide skip arts is just good since full animation is super lengthy, and sometimes you want that quick burst before targets get away, and since the skip arts version is way faster you can hit your target more reliably

In the end you also tend to only use the initial part of input version of PAs (like you cancel input Qasar as soon as you closed the gap most of the time, and you can also cancel the first part of shooting star and collide in rotation for fast DPS + gear bulding). All of this makes DS very strange and hard to use at first but you get used to it after a while, and it makes the weapon very flexible too !

Oh and when wearing easy full connect ring and using full connect with a full gear gauge, do you still empty the whole gauge?
    Completely up to you !
    Easy Full Connect (only the giant slash) = step then hold Weapon action til the giant sword is formed (half a bar)
    Connect = step then tap Weapon action (half a bar)
    Full Connect step then double tap Weapon action (full bar)
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Mar 26, 2020 at 09:38 PM.

Thanks.
    So the ring lets lets choose between connect and full connect for each 50% of the gauge, not use both like I had a full gauge when I only have 50%?

New ring's good and at first sight too OP: with damage cap release on Elder arms you can clap up to 4*1.7m with one hit and refill pretty fast.
    But on second - button press delay between switch from Connect to Full Connect is just too big for a high speed combat and you're remain defenseless too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    New ring's good and at first sight too OP: with damage cap release on Elder arms you can clap up to 4*1.7m with one hit and refill pretty fast.
    But on second - button press delay between switch from Connect to Full Connect is just too big for a high speed combat and you're remain defenseless too.
    You have the choice anyways, but yeah Easy connect is the one you more rarely go to. I personally go this way
    - normal Connects against aggro bosses, the kind that move around/attack a lot since normal connect chases down while extending the invul from your step and still does a good chunk while boosting gear accumulation.
    -Easy connect defo your go-to on stuns, or to pre-fire on a target that's going to come back (stuff like Gryphon/Diabos flying up attacks). Vulnerable and slow but loads of damage so in active combat, it's not really recommended, but then again Etoile being Etoile you can sometimes just accept facetanking and go for it xD

Is Etoile boost worth getting? Made a tree in the sim but I'm one SP over. Rate my buid please:

https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skil...BdBdBIo000000f
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Is Etoile boost worth getting? Made a tree in the sim but I'm one SP over. Rate my buid please:
    Etoile HP Restorate - useless skill since you'll heal with mate/skill anyways so waste of skillpoints.

Same Arts PP Save - useles at Etoile's main, need only 1-2 points in it.

Wand F. Dash/Wand Teleport - I use wand a lot for mobbing and when need much AoE in EQs but this two seems useless as well.

Double Saber Step Slide - only if you use it much but this one is too slow for me so I don't take it.

I'm use this one http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...bdBdBfck000000

Etoile HP Restorate - useless skill since you'll heal with mate/skill anyways so waste of skillpoints.

Wand F. Dash/Wand Teleport - I use wand a lot for mobbing and when need much AoE in EQs but this two seems useless as well.

Double Saber Step Slide - only if you use it much but this one is too slow for me so I don't take it.

I'm use this one http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...bdBdBfck000000
    Huuuh, guys I do understand you want your trees to be unique, buuuut first post has a great functional tree that has all the essential skills, and the right amount of points on the useful mults, and to be blunt, the OP tree is waaay better than yours. Just because why not, some debunking/explaing

-Same Arts PP save at 3 points is optimal mainly because tech arts multiplier works for 3 PAs, meaning you ideally want to use one PA then another 3 times to benefit both from same arts PP Save and tech arts count bonus (for example, shooting star into celestial collide x 3)

-Wand Dash and Teleport add a lot of mobility, which is absolutely needed for Wand because Luminous flare is your main mobbing tool, and since it's a laser, you want to be able to constantly reposition for it to get the most targets at once. Additionally not using any input while using wand teleport brings you back to the ground which is essential because glitter stripe puts you up and wand teleport is your only way down while keeping a decent DPS upkeep (the fall animation of the PA is so slow it's not worth waiting for it xD)

-Double Saber Step slide is optional kinda but do remember the normal following the slide is twice the damage of a normal done otherwise so it definitely has tons of applications and use for a measly skill point so feels like a waste to skip it

-DS isn't even functional without DS skip arts, just take the damn skill and learn the weapon xD

so yeah OP tree with only compromises possible on HP restorate/flat attack, with possibly skipping weapon related skills if you DON'T use the weapon, otherwise all the weapon skills are very useful on their respective weapons and shouldn't be skipped imho
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Apr 26, 2020 at 06:38 PM.

it's ONE whole SP and essential for the class, why wouldn't you grab it?

As for the tree:

1. you only need 3pts into Same Arts PP, Tech Arts procs for 3 of the same PA's in a row after use from a different one and during that session, Same Arts PP is kicked in reducing PP pure attack. You would literally NEED to spam Tech Arts PP Save 18 times to see the full effect (which is why I added that info to the common questions area) so theres absolutely no reason to have this maxed out unless you're doing some niche build (or sub) which you shouldn't be

2. You want to grab Around Mate Up, it's like Mate Lovers and having those 2 (the ring and skill) boosts your healing amount from mates

3. Grab Flat Atk Bonus, it's honestly not as bad as people make it out to be and with the class being Lv95, you have extra SP's to do it

4. Not sure why you went 9/10 on ET weapon Bonus 1, thats literally where your damage is coming from

5. Etoile Hp Restorate is hit or miss, I found over time since the class has been out that it's been super useless to me because I heal myself 90% of the time because the recovering rate is too low and too slow BUT there have been the few times where it's helped during for example, solo Persona EQ where I make a mistake but don't feel like healing but I'm also dodging/parrying attacks and let the skill heal me. Super niche situations, I guess it's okay for down times but I dropped it. I only have it there in the OP because for newbies otherwise just throw all but 1 SP into the skill and spec into All Atk Up (enough for 40 atk).

In short, I leave it to player preference

Yes and no but more on preference

It is absolutely not useless for Et mains and 3 is the standard amount anyone should be putting in, akin to Lord of Thorns, theres no reason to do more than 3 pts.

They are not useless at all and with Wand being the best of the 3 weapons on Et's weapon pallete (for bossing and mobbing), its a must that you have these.

I agree, even normal running is faster much less Wand fast traveling (or all class Kat). It's a unique animation but because of it being slower than basically normal running, people can skip this if they want

Only going to single out a couple of things because of the points I already made to the build above this one:

1. PP Up being maxed is gross, don't do this

2. Already discussed the Wand skills but not putting a SP into DS Skip Arts is a mistake, you need this if you're using DS

3. 8 SP into All Atk Up is fine if you're aiming to keep the other essential skills otherwise try to work something out if you really care about the extra 10 base atk (which you kinda did)
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Huuuh, guys I do understand you want your trees to be unique, buuuut first post has a great functional tree that has all the essential skills, and the right amount of points on the useful mults, and to be blunt, the OP tree is waaay better than yours. Just because why not, some debunking/explaing

so yeah OP tree with only compromises possible on HP restorate/flat attack, with possibly skipping weapon related skills if you DON'T use the weapon, otherwise all the weapon skills are very useful on their respective weapons and shouldn't be skipped imho
    ty, you were pretty spot on with your post and the tree is meant to be noobie friendly while being casual friendly (I mean it's hard to not mess up the tree mostly)

Didn't really do much to the OP but added some info to the Skill Tree Build tab and added L/Easy Connect with some info to the Gear section (because I slacked on that since the ring came out) but aside from that, nothing really major changing with the class
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    -Same Arts PP save at 3 points is optimal mainly because tech arts multiplier works for 3 PAs, meaning you ideally want to use one PA then another 3 times to benefit both from same arts PP Save and tech arts count bonus (for example, shooting star into celestial collide x 3)
    It's Percent/Rate skill

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    They are not useless at all and with Wand being the best of the 3 weapons on Et's weapon pallete (for bossing and mobbing), its a must that you have these.
    And what exactly they do? I didn't saw any difference with them and without while running much in EQs like Easter or Armada.

1. PP Up being maxed is gross, don't do this
    Why? "It's gross" Very well explanation... Personally I like to have more PP: with this I can do more combo PAs before it falls in a purple zone with cut regen.

not putting a SP into DS Skip Arts is a mistake, you need this if you're using DS
    I don't use DS much and personally don't like Skip Arts cause it's stand in a way while I need to leap through Campship with Absolute Quasar to regain quest fast (I dunno why but right after Loading screen it use only 2nd part of PA and don't react on direction press) and making troubles for a fast travel overall.
    Last edited by Zulastar; Apr 27, 2020 at 12:43 AM.