Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast

I did some DB testing on my own and Distortion Pierce isn't as good as Light Wave because of its big aoe coming form the side, this means you can easily hit something other than the weakspot, especially on Bosses like Rockbear that waves their arms / etc. on the side a lot. Light was is far more reliable on bosses like these or those that turn a lot.
    And most of Distortion Pierce's damage comes from that big aoe scissor part of the pa whereas Light Wave' has several hit that add up to more damage than the final one so you can easily adjust your position to keep hitting the weakspot and even if you miss it with the final hit you don't lose nearly as much damage as with Distortion Pierce.

Also Vertical Flow and Radiant Sting are notably weaker than Distortion Pierce / Light Wave.

PS: gotta love the broken mess that is Lockon, had to quit a try cause switching from the auto-lockon to Rockbear's belly to his head my me instead lockon to the previous in the distant corner and Radiant Sting made me shoot past the Rockbear I wanted to attack.
    I'm used to it being crap but this kind of total fail, changing to another target at a 45° angle when at 0° there are two right in front of me is kinda rare.
    Sadly it doesn't matter how often I tell Sega to fix it during surveys, they just don't care.

Light Wave is the last thing you want to use on DB. What.

Is this why every single Etoile I see do not even half my damage?

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    And most of Distortion Pierce's damage comes from that big aoe scissor part of the pa
    Actually most of the damage comes from your own outward swing/shockwave on the last hit, not the edges. The edges only do about as much as the first two hits combined, 60% of the damage notation is in the last swing, the edges do 20%, and the first two stabs do 10% each. You make a good point about accidentally hitting the wrong thing with it in some situations, positioning it properly isn't hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    Light Wave is the last thing you want to use on DB. What.

Is this why every single Etoile I see do not even half my damage?
    Lightwave is barely weaker than Distortion Pierce, it has use cases. If anything, people spamming it would lead to lower DPS because Pierce builds gear faster, and only using one PA doesn't get you the tech arts bonus, not because lightwave is weak. It's perfect for situations where an enemy moves away from you, but you know it's going to come back sooner than you could get to it. EDIT: Actually, I don't even think Pierce builds gear that much faster if at all.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jan 9, 2020 at 09:23 AM.

How do people feel about Shihou Suzaku on Etoile?
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

As for me raw (without any buffs) numbers to weakpoint with Distortion Pierce are like about 50+50+100+300k.

And all these fucks who split bosses in MPA runs are really piss me off by not letting people give them a good AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post

Lightwave is barely weaker than Distortion Pierce, it has use cases. If anything, people spamming it would lead to lower DPS because Pierce builds gear faster, and only using one PA doesn't get you the tech arts bonus, not because lightwave is weak. It's perfect for situations where an enemy moves away from you, but you know it's going to come back sooner than you could get to it. EDIT: Actually, I don't even think Pierce builds gear that much faster if at all.
    I didn't say Light Wave was weak. But lets get technical about it.

You require... for a Full Connect, without the Gear Buff | with:

15 | 11 Distortion Pierces
    21 | 15 Radiant Stings
    19.5 | 13 Vertical Flows
    14 | 11 Light Waves

Their frames are:

That means it takes this long to get a Full Connect:

30.5s | 22.36s (1680 frames | 1200)
    28s | 20s (1640 frames | 1066)
    27.33s | 17.76s (1830 frames | 1342)
    37.33s | 29.33s (2240 frames | 1760)

So yes, Piece builds gear faster than Light Wave. But that doesn't really tell you the aggregate dps of a Full Connect with just those PAs. They are:

1615 | Distortion Pierce + Full Connect
    1567 | Radiant Sting + Full Connect
    1610 | Vertical Flow + Full Connect
    1492 | Light Wave + Full Connect

Off tangent but, During the time you can use one Radiant Sting or Vertical Flow, you get the first 2 hits off of Light Wave and the blades will come out ~1.5 seconds later. That means a Light Wave is doing only 1170% notation damage while the two former moves are doing 1650% and 1711% respectively. If you count the two blade hits that will come out eventually, it'll be 1838%, but you'll practically already had enough time to use Sting or Flow again by then. In comparison, two Stings/Flow vs a full Wave is 3300/3422 vs 3342. One which has really good tracking (enough to track even Leone when he's moving) and the other is just stronger.

Light Wave is also the only DB PA that doesn't have innate superarmor. It doesn't help that it's also the most expensive DB PA to use. You can also move the final hit of Pierce if you needed to

Now I'm not saying Light Wave shouldn't be used at all, but it's the LAST thing you should be thinking of using if you can use any of the other PAs. Afterall, it's your mobbing and ranged option.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    How do people feel about Shihou Suzaku on Etoile?
    It's better on etoile than Bo. Because you're attacking faster, you're less likely to wiff, and build gear faster, which means more connects. I usually switch to a stronger DB for connects though.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    Now I'm not saying Light Wave shouldn't be used at all, but it's the LAST thing you should be thinking of using if you can use any of the other PAs. Afterall, it's your mobbing and ranged option.
    Eh, Fair enough, I guess we agree then. People just usually use that phrase when they mean "not at all", as opposed to literally. I personally feel like vertical flow is more situational than Light Wave though.

Taking Rockbear as example cause it's the only damage test we have at the moment, how to properly position with Pierce? When I tested I was in front of his face and a straight forward hit should have hit his weakspot, but I kept seeing low damage numbers like 100k (or even 40k) or so instead of the 200k+ that I get for hitting his weakspot, mostly whenever he was flailing his arms (which is most of the time).
    And I also kept seeing damage numbers on the side rather than close to his face. How to deal with such targets?

About Light Wave though, unlike the other pas it has a lot of range and you can move freely so super armor is not needed, all other pas make it hard to move / move you close to the target so can get hit far more easily. For fast turning targets (quite a lot of bosses) it's useful cause you can adjust positioning easily, e.g. when fighting Banther who turns to attack someone on your side you might have been in a great position to hit the weakspot with Pierce at first but no longer once Banther has turned to the side and both sting and flow are quick pas so you'll again just hit Banther's side and not the weakspot. Wave though lets you move quickly so you keep hitting the weakspot with the 2nd half of the pa.
    I'm not saying it's better, but more reliable when the target moves or moves body parts that can get in your way. E.g. I tested 10+ times with Pierce and Wave on Rockbear and every time Wave came out ahead in damage (but I ignored gear building).

That aside, anyone got dpp info on any et weapon? So far all I can tell is that db feels like it has notably lower pp consumption than ds which has notably lower pp consumption than wand (especially on wand it feels like all pas have a high cost).

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    That aside, anyone got dpp info on any et weapon? So far all I can tell is that db feels like it has notably lower pp consumption than ds which has notably lower pp consumption than wand (especially on wand it feels like all pas have a high cost).
    Check the front page of the thread.

I just want to say that Kril have done an excellent job updating this topic. I was able to unlock Expert by just changing my build and reaffixing my weapon with the stuff recommended there. So thank you and everyone else who have contributed

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421