Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Im fine not having a finisher. Id roll my eyes super hard if it was another class that takes ages to build up gear. Here its much faster so i can use that class's mechanics sooner.

Also super glad that Etoiles support capabilities seem pretty important. I wont feel bad putting Te on the sidelines for this.
    I like the idea that its a Defense class, not a Tank or DPS but a Defense class that offers some support and outputs dps still just fine
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

and isn't held down by "gimmick stances for the sake of having them cause they already used all of their good ideas on the other stance classes" like poor, poor bouncer...

anyway, yeah DS builds it's gear fast and either consumes it for enhanced attacks, or when you take a hit to reduce the incoming damage. that probably means it'll be the most consistent damage output of the weapons; even if you get hit sometimes, the gear looks like it builds fast enough that it won't hold you back too much

Wand builds it at a moderate pace, has a somewhat noticeable passive build rate (builds when attacking, just guarding, and moving); but as far as I can tell, is only consumed when you hold the normal weapon action to extend the duration of the shield. this will charge up an attack that goes off when you let go that is based on how much gear you consumed while charging (requires 1 bar of gear to use an attack; but even if you completely drain your gear it looks like you can still keep holding the button for stage 2 and 3 charges). Being able to hold the weapon action shield out, and it counting as a just guard, makes me think wand will be Et's "safety" weapon. though that depends if I got a good read on how the weapon action works.

dual blades seemed to have the slowest gear build rate, and only holds two charges; still faster than somebody who is on-the-ball with building hero or phantom gear though. the only things they did that consumed gear was the combo of Step Edge into Weapon Action, then using Weapon Action again and charging it to assemble the Big Blade. oddly enough it didn't consume the 2nd gear charge until they swung it, so that might be a fail-safe for people who go to use it but get knocked out of it or otherwise cancel it without attacking. you still have to max your gear to use the big blade though; as apparently you have to do the first attack that consumes 1 gear bar first before you can do the big blade. This probably means dual blades will wind up being Et's bigger source of burst damage, but you have to commit to it longer to get gear built up for it.

For quests with normal enemy encounters, I could see people open up with blades until they can max their gear; then swap to doublesaber until they need the burst from the big blade. Unsure how it'll work out for boss fight quests, that'll probably be up to whatever the real meta-scientists come up with when they can get their hands on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    and isn't held down by "gimmick stances for the sake of having them cause they already used all of their good ideas on the other stance classes" like poor, poor bouncer...

anyway, yeah DS builds it's gear fast and either consumes it for enhanced attacks, or when you take a hit to reduce the incoming damage. that probably means it'll be the most consistent damage output of the weapons; even if you get hit sometimes, the gear looks like it builds fast enough that it won't hold you back too much

Wand builds it at a moderate pace, has a somewhat noticeable passive build rate (builds when attacking, just guarding, and moving); but as far as I can tell, is only consumed when you hold the normal weapon action to extend the duration of the shield. this will charge up an attack that goes off when you let go that is based on how much gear you consumed while charging (requires 1 bar of gear to use an attack; but even if you completely drain your gear it looks like you can still keep holding the button for stage 2 and 3 charges). Being able to hold the weapon action shield out, and it counting as a just guard, makes me think wand will be Et's "safety" weapon. though that depends if I got a good read on how the weapon action works.

dual blades seemed to have the slowest gear build rate, and only holds two charges; still faster than somebody who is on-the-ball with building hero or phantom gear though. the only things they did that consumed gear was the combo of Step Edge into Weapon Action, then using Weapon Action again and charging it to assemble the Big Blade. oddly enough it didn't consume the 2nd gear charge until they swung it, so that might be a fail-safe for people who go to use it but get knocked out of it or otherwise cancel it without attacking. you still have to max your gear to use the big blade though; as apparently you have to do the first attack that consumes 1 gear bar first before you can do the big blade. This probably means dual blades will wind up being Et's bigger source of burst damage, but you have to commit to it longer to get gear built up for it.

For quests with normal enemy encounters, I could see people open up with blades until they can max their gear; then swap to doublesaber until they need the burst from the big blade. Unsure how it'll work out for boss fight quests, that'll probably be up to whatever the real meta-scientists come up with when they can get their hands on it.
    You can hold Weapon action on wand after gear runs out but that means you have no more JG frames while charging.

~~

This Focus PA system in general sounds pretty neat. I wish there was something like this for Te. Wand is absolutely incredible when dealing with large groups of enemies. 1v1 its super weak though. Maybe Sega could redo Te, apply the 40% Attack buff & Step from Wand lovers to Wands by default and change Wand Lovers into a "1v1 mode" skill.

This class is hitting all the right marks for me. Never been this excited for a future update.

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

Can't say much yet but same here. Its mechanics look really fun to try.

I think I'll love the DS and Wand PAs but as for DB PAs..... Im quite not sure yet. These are just my first impressions and I have to test it out once it releases to judge it properly, I love that huge sword thing tho

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    This Focus PA system in general sounds pretty neat. I wish there was something like this for Te. Wand is absolutely incredible when dealing with large groups of enemies. 1v1 its super weak though. Maybe Sega could redo Te, apply the 40% Attack buff & Step from Wand lovers to Wands by default and change Wand Lovers into a "1v1 mode" skill.
    To be honest, I think they should have taken the idea they had for Talis slightly changing how a tech works if you cast it from a thrown one a little farther, and had thrown talis and wand both use all techs differently than rod / neutral talis(?) / jet boots(?)

like safoie 0 would just be how safoie works when cast from a wand, as an example.

but they were still just getting everything working back then, and they seemed to have a much different plan for force and techer than how they wound up being utilized / how they actually worked given quest design enemy competition

DB's distance closer PA looks promising.

Have we heard any date yet or is the guess still 18th of December?

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

Quote Originally Posted by Norco View Post
    Have we heard any date yet or is the guess still 18th of December?
    17 days until the next stream, no info about the class release date Twitter wise or elsewhere yet, one skill is i guess getting "rebalanced" from the play tests they did, the one where only mates give you full recov, i dont remember what exactly theyre doing to it.

tldr: no nothing yet, i would have updated the first post too (and posted here) if it did get a release date
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers