Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

Thanks for doing a great job at maintaining the thread, Kril!
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

I do have some feedback on the thread though, and it's mostly that the wand video isn't very useful. It's just someone showing how big they can make their numbers with their gear, and isn't anything resembling actual high end wand gameplay or rotations (also, rockbear is a bad testbed for like every etoile weapon).

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I do have some feedback on the thread though, and it's mostly that the wand video isn't very useful. It's just someone showing how big they can make their numbers with their gear, and isn't anything resembling actual high end wand gameplay or rotations (also, rockbear is a bad testbed for like every etoile weapon).
    I did mention in the update post that they were reference, im sure you've looked up some vids as well but the night I updated the OP i was super tired and just added a couple of vids for the time being. I am tomorrow going to update it a bit more because theres some stuff I want to add and I can finally add some PA combos in for people to use as reference but ya the Wand video was just reference, an idea, nothing to fully go with and its genuinely how you would fight a boss with Wand anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    Thanks for doing a great job at maintaining the thread, Kril!
    Quote Originally Posted by Norco View Post
    I just want to say that Kril have done an excellent job updating this topic. I was able to unlock Expert by just changing my build and reaffixing my weapon with the stuff recommended there. So thank you and everyone else who have contributed
    Spoiler!
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Front page only has dps and frame data and such, but I just noticed swiki finally added dpp data, albeit only for ds. Guess I'll just wait for them to add dpp data for db and wand as well (gotta love google's Distortion earrings but can't be helped in this case) which will probably be added soon.

Updated the post a bit:

-added some PA combos (how optimal they are and DPP I'm not 100% sure, thats something I'm waiting on from the people who are doing the more technical stuff)
    -added some more youtube videos for reference
    -added Flotia series to weapon series list, they're about as good as LS but at the same time the Pot on them is pretty meh
    -added a Class Balance Update tab

im still looking for a more casual friendly skill tree build, the only thing atm I can think of is removing Flat Atk Bonus and just pouring those 5 SP into Hp Restorate. Otherwise I'll just leave the tree build I put as a template and let people do whatever with it as originally intended

If theres anything else missing, wanted etc to be added to the OP that can be of some use to others let me know. I'll update the OP over time still as whatever information still comes out
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jan 12, 2020 at 03:04 AM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

DPP is just the PA notation divided by the PP cost. Something I find utterly redundant so I never include it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    DPP is just the PA notation divided by the PP cost. Something I find utterly redundant so I never include it.
    It's useful information when the gap in DPP is big enough, or in the context of mobbing. Sure anyone can just calculate it themselves. But they can calculate the dps themselves too, so why include that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    It's useful information when the gap in DPP is big enough, or in the context of mobbing. Sure anyone can just calculate it themselves. But they can calculate the dps themselves too, so why include that?
    Because you need to find the frame data of said move for dps. Something that isn't already given to you unlike dpp. Most people don't even know how to count frames either.

In the context of mobbing, distortion pierce has roughly 2x the dpp of lightwave yet lightwave is better for mobbing due to the range and hitbox size.

In the grand scheme of things, dpp doesn't tell you much compared to dps. Dpp tells you... This has the best pp efficiency. Yet there are a million and one ways to recover pp without losing much dps.

Huh, I did not know there were so many Guard Points on Etoile PAs.

https://youtu.be/3WiBIlZndhM

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

Asked this in quick question topic but no answer. I want to know if the 15% damage reduction from Etoile boost is active at the time of the first hit(making it an permanent reduction of 15% at it lowest). I am assuming it doesnt since is only 1 skill point, but it feels very situational given how rare multihits are in general.