Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vinel View Post
    i don't see a reason not to full connect all the time.
    So you can have enough gear to be able to dump it on a boss' weakpoint, which really doesn't matter for Phaleg. I don't even do two connects in a row, I just do one, build my gear up, then do another one. At least for fights where capitalizing on a weakpoint is important.
    Also, based on the DPS charts, full connect IS less DPS, it's just WAY better burst damage, hence why it's best to use on big weakpoints or when you know you don't have time to get more hits in after. Spamming it whenever you get the chance if you aren't going to hit a juicy weakpoint isn't really worth it imo. The actual DPS difference isn't that big, I just prefer not blowing my whole gear if I'm not sure I can land a good hit.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Dec 26, 2019 at 03:17 AM.

You may be right, given most of my testing has been on phaleg whos got no weak spot.

Phaleg's more defence practice than DPS IMHO.
    And when I use Full Connect on Elder Arms it's a real waste to hit only one with it: 1 noweakspot hit ~300k, 1 weakspot hit 999k and when you hit all 4 arms in their weakspots it'll be 4m in 1 hit.
    Last edited by Zulastar; Dec 26, 2019 at 08:05 AM.

Damage cap is going to gut your full connects real hard. I hit 2 mil full connects.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    Damage cap is going to gut your full connects real hard. I hit 2 mil full connects.
    I started using the Shihou DBs so I can Full connect faster instead of harder.

I'm loving Etoile so far but still unsure on how to effectively gear the class.

With regards to the "Wand Special Ability Plus" skill, does it take into account stats that have been affixed or just base stats? For example, say I'm using a wand with 2000 S-ATK and 2010 T-ATK base. If I affixed +20 S-ATK onto the wand, would this be the prominant stat that scales with the skill? I was contemplating doing an S1:Strike Boost affix but just wanted to check this before I went ahead.

I'm also curious just how practical Liberate DS, DB, and wand are right now. I understand they are currently most powerful but arent the majority of S5 SSAs somewhat limited?

I did ask this question in the quick questions pile but it soon got buried and ignored. I was curious just how effective something like S5:Evasive Mirage would be for Liberate DS as Etoile. The wording suggests that it may only be useful when using Fi however can someone confirm if it is useful in any way for Etoile too? Would the only other practical S5 right now be to use something like S5:Mysterious Intent (GS), ignore the useless lifesteal, but roll with the extra critical % and 2% damage?

I'm a bit reluctant to go all-out Novel/Liberate with Etoile right now due to the lack of available or practical S4/S5 abilities and feel they would be better utilised for other classes, but that extra critical % and overall damage boost is extremely tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranea View Post
    I'm loving Etoile so far but still unsure on how to effectively gear the class.

With regards to the "Wand Special Ability Plus" skill, does it take into account stats that have been affixed or just base stats? For example, say I'm using a wand with 2000 S-ATK and 2010 T-ATK base. If I affixed +20 S-ATK onto the wand, would this be the prominant stat that scales with the skill? I was contemplating doing an S1:Strike Boost affix but just wanted to check this before I went ahead.
    As far as I can tell Etoiel always uses s-atk with wands. The skill simply makes it so that if the t-atk affixes on the wand are higher than the s-atk then the t-atk affixes get added to your weapon's s-atk instead. It's basically so you don't have to reaffix a t-atk affixed wand you also use for Te.

I'm also curious just how practical Liberate DS, DB, and wand are right now. I understand they are currently most powerful but arent the majority of S5 SSAs somewhat limited?
    The DS s5 specifically mentions a Fi skill so I doubt it works with etoile. The wand one (and the wand clobber s4, for what it's worth), work with etoile, but they aren't very useful since etoile doesn't use wand normals as much as Te. The DB are good though. They're just better Jupiter Tellus with an s4 slot.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Dec 27, 2019 at 11:07 AM.

Seems DB doing things better than Ph Rifle ATM 'cause of more DPS and stuff:
    1 it hits harder and faster with PAs
    2 strike > shoot UH damage multiplers
    3 even Connect > Charged Mark in terms of charge speed and damage numbers
    4 about same distances to use both
    5 Damage Balancer + Etoile Will = no oneshots which easily to get on Ph
    6 Can spam it's WA for invulnerability while doing PAs

But there's some cons:
    1 No Time skill = no burst
    2 Much lesser PP regeneration
    3 No Spread Needle to sweep all pests at Dailies/Solo Busters from a long distance
    4 No Safoie 0 to move around
    5 When I do solo training in Tracers TA UH if I run out of mates it's a dead end.

So I still dunno what to do with my incoming Liberate gun. I'm currently use a LS DB with S2 Flowing Grace on it so I can spam things without worring about to suddenly run out of PP and Novel DS with S4 Mysterious Strike which I prefer for a Boss fights with no multiple things to hit.

If I understand a things properly Gunslash S5 is an enhanced version of S4 Vampiric Strike and don't work for Etoile as well but works for Ph Rifle. So I'm curious about what to do:
    1 Liberate Rifle with Gunslash S5 and S4 Steel Resolve (to pervent sudden oneshots)
    2 Liberate DB with it's own S5 and S4 Radiant Response (but I afraid of lacking pp regen)
    3 Liberate DS without S5

Can you explain a little what exactly do DB's S5 'cause I never use Jupiter Tullus?

PS: Etoile Will refill DB's gear after it's proc so it can be used near a boss's death for an extra Full Connect
    Last edited by Zulastar; Dec 27, 2019 at 05:55 PM.

I did ask this question in the quick questions pile but it soon got buried and ignored. I was curious just how effective something like S5:Evasive Mirage would be for Liberate DS as Etoile. The wording suggests that it may only be useful when using Fi however can someone confirm if it is useful in any way for Etoile too? Would the only other practical S5 right now be to use something like S5:Mysterious Intent (GS), ignore the useless lifesteal, but roll with the extra critical % and 2% damage?

I'm a bit reluctant to go all-out Novel/Liberate with Etoile right now due to the lack of available or practical S4/S5 abilities and feel they would be better utilised for other classes, but that extra critical % and overall damage boost is extremely tempting.
    The dmg difference between LS (active pot) 5/4/5 and Lib DS (with s5 gunslash and mysterious strike) is quite small (around 2-3%?), and u might wanna take advantage of LS PP regen better. So honestly I prefer LS for DS.

Lib DB makes more sense whether u wanna main it or to just use full connect, using S4 Mysterious Strike and S5 gunslash (and if u have wise skill it makes it better). If you main it but kinda stuck on budget, the DB's S5 (with s4 colossal maybe that thing is cheap) still works ok unlike DS. So Lib DB is an okay choice.

For Wand I think LS is way better, probably combined with Chaval Melm for close to unlimited PP? Dunno.
    Last edited by SteveCZ; Dec 28, 2019 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    But there's some cons:
    1 No Time skill = no burst
    Connect on DB and Protect Release on Wand are your burst. I'm pretty sure the only reason DS doesn't have a burst skill is because it does so much damage with its counters.