Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1724252627282930 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    Etoile DB normals recover 15 | 12 + 12 | 20 pp... Might need extra verification.

Radiant Sting went from 28 -> 22 pp. I also feel like it's the fastest traveling PA for Etoile as well.

Vertical Flow went from 25 -> 18 pp | 1711 -> 1511 PA notation
    The hitstop is practically non-existent now (it's 1 frame). The entire PA is 74 frames.
    The damage notation per hit is 2% -> 26% -> 28% (the edges do 22% and there is two of them)
    Overall, the first JA got a buff (dps: 1283 -> 1489),
    while the second JA had a slight nerf (dps: 1252 -> 1225)

The range and size on Light Wave feels about twice as big. (The same as Luminous flare in range or bigger and like three times the width of it)

You can also build full gear from nothing in 18 seconds with the DB gear heat up.
    thanks a bunch, still wish for a power buff so DBs can on par with the other 2. this wasnt enough for it but at least they feel better now
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

I'm curious as to why the tier list says wand > ds > db when DB doesn't have to dodge and its JG doesn't interrupt your PAs. Provided you're decent at timing your JGs, wouldn't DB be the best because it has the highest uptime? It's chase PAs take the least PP, and you get Full Connect up really quickly. I feel far and away the most lethal/effective using DBs over DS or Wand.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyVixen View Post
    I'm curious as to why the tier list says wand > ds > db when DB doesn't have to dodge and its JG doesn't interrupt your PAs. Provided you're decent at timing your JGs, wouldn't DB be the best because it has the highest uptime? It's chase PAs take the least PP, and you get Full Connect up really quickly. I feel far and away the most lethal/effective using DBs over DS or Wand.
    probably because Wand still does the best out of the 3, DS under it and DB almost on par with DS thanks to a buff that didn't exactly do a massive amount for the weapon???
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Don't fully take tier lists for Etoile weapons as reference, as unlike Phantom or Hero, each of the 3 weapons have very prominent strengths and weaknesses. I really am not a fan of this because althought it's true in some aspects, it also leads people to just think "DB or DS are not worth using and I should just Wand on everything" (mix and match the weapons depending to opinion/tastes etc) which actually makes things much harder on you.
    Basically goes like this

Wand
    + Great movement
    + Great AoE for mobbing
    + Very solid DPS on single targets thanks to focus PAs
    + Luminous Flare is the very definition of an overloaded PA xD
    - No real counter to speak of
    - No fast gap closer
    - All PAs have a sluggish startup which forces you to either accept taking damage or cancel the PA out

Summary : Wand is your go-to mobbing option that also works against slow bosses/bosses that you can just outrange. DPS-wise it's theoretically the best weapon, but aggressive or mobile bosses with a lot of range will make you cry !

Double Saber

+ Great counter options with both the forward step counter and WA counter
    + Versatile gear that acts both as damage mitigation and extra damage/PP management.
    + Great gap closing
    + Shooting star is Etoile's only pinpoint accurate range attack
    + Celestial collide is one of Etoile's better pre-fire PAs
    - Subpar mobbing capabilities
    - Poison/burn kill your gear, forcing you to heal out otherwise inconsequential status effects
    - DPS without counters lags behind other weapons.
    - Gear is essential for PP management, which means getting hit too often will greatly affect you in the long run

Summary : your go-to bossing weapon against more active bosses, a relatively safe weapon that thrives off not getting hit and milking counters to keep dishing the hurt. It's also your weapon of choice to reach some Luminmechs weakpoints !

Dual Blades

+ Strong gap closer
    + Very consistent damage output
    + Can fight at any range
    + Easy Connect gives you access to the strongest Etoile pre-fire option.
    + Parry lets you use mates with no risk involved (you can still parry during mate animation)
    + Unlike DS counter, Parry's invincibility and leniency makes it easy to deal with multi-hits and deceptive timings
    - Slow and backloaded PAs require you to plan around enemy movement.
    - No counter means the weapon is unable to deliver spikes of damage except with Full connect
    - Parry is essential for PP management. Without it the weapon quickly runs out of fuel.

Summary : DB performs somewhat similarly to DS in raw numbers, but while DS thrives off clean duels with precise attack patterns and timings, DB thrives off chaotic fights. Multiple mini-bosses or bosses with superseding attacks that make gear managing hard with DS conversely are a cinch with DB, thanks to all of its cleaving attacks and parry's overall versatility and massive invincibility frames !

As a final note, the DPS values between the weapons are not THAT different even if you take only the numbers. It's kind of why I really like Etoile atm, you can still main any of the 3 weapons as they're all solid but at the same time, they all have shortcomings that are troublesome enough to make you consider using the others !
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jun 23, 2020 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Don't fully take tier lists for Etoile weapons as reference, as unlike Phantom or Hero, each of the 3 weapons have very prominent strengths and weaknesses. I really am not a fan of this because althought it's true in some aspects, it also leads people to just think "DB or DS are not worth using and I should just Wand on everything" (mix and match the weapons depending to opinion/tastes etc) which actually makes things much harder on you.
    The point of the weapon Meta is just to show which ones going to do better than the others, if you (not specifically you) don't like playing Wand then use the other weapons

Wand
    - All PAs have a sluggish startup which forces you to either accept taking damage or cancel the PA out
    You're not forced to take any damage and you're suppose to open with either Prism or Glitter (primarily Prism), they have I-frames on the start and into it's Focus portion

Summary : Wand is your go-to mobbing option that also works against slow bosses/bosses that you can just outrange. DPS-wise it's theoretically the best weapon, but aggressive or mobile bosses with a lot of range will make you cry !
    Technically it is the best and I suggest either learning the agressive bosses better or without a doubt use DS

DS summary
    Summary : your go-to bossing weapon against more active bosses, a relatively safe weapon that thrives off not getting hit and milking counters to keep dishing the hurt. It's also your weapon of choice to reach some Luminmechs weakpoints !
    Agreed with your points

Dual Blades
    - No counter means the weapon is unable to deliver spikes of damage except with Full connect
    - Parry is essential for PP management. Without it the weapon quickly runs out of fuel.
    I'm not sure why anyone is mobbing with DB's, its really the only reason that the hitstop was relaxed because it was only super bad when you used it on 3-5 mobs at once, 1-2 barely did much. Slow PA's are whats a killer for the weapon (Distortion), which is why I said before that it needed a power buff more than anything to make it on par with the other weapons. Definitely learn your parrys

Summary : DB performs somewhat similarly to DS in raw numbers, but while DS thrives off clean duels with precise attack patterns and timings, DB thrives off chaotic fights. Multiple mini-bosses or bosses with superseding attacks that make gear managing hard with DS conversely are a cinch with DB, thanks to all of its cleaving attacks and parry's overall versatility and massive invincibility frames !
    agreed
    PSO2 NGS

But why does Wand do the best? It certainly doesn't feel like it's doing the best and I'm certainly not parsing as high with wand as I am with DS and DB, with DB consistently doing the best overall against bosses. If it's the best it should feel the best. I should feel the most powerful and effective with the best, but I don't.
    Last edited by RubyVixen; Jun 24, 2020 at 07:49 PM.

Basically goes like this

Wand
    + Great movement
    + Great AoE for mobbing
    + Very solid DPS on single targets thanks to focus PAs
    + Luminous Flare is the very definition of an overloaded PA xD
    - No real counter to speak of
    - No fast gap closer

Double Saber

+ Great counter options with both the forward step counter and WA counter
    + Versatile gear that acts both as damage mitigation and extra damage/PP management.
    + Great gap closing
    + Shooting star is Etoile's only pinpoint accurate range attack
    + Celestial collide is one of Etoile's better pre-fire PAs
    - Poison/burn kill your gear, forcing you to heal out otherwise inconsequential status effects
    - DPS without counters lags behind other weapons.
    - Gear is essential for PP management, which means getting hit too often will greatly affect you in the long run

Dual Blades

+ Strong gap closer
    + Very consistent damage output
    + Can fight at any range
    + Easy Connect gives you access to the strongest Etoile pre-fire option.
    + Parry lets you use mates with no risk involved (you can still parry during mate animation)
    + Unlike DS counter, Parry's invincibility and leniency makes it easy to deal with multi-hits and deceptive timings

As a final note, the DPS values between the weapons are not THAT different even if you take only the numbers. It's kind of why I really like Etoile atm, you can still main any of the 3 weapons as they're all solid but at the same time, they all have shortcomings that are troublesome enough to make you consider using the others !
    Idk I'm doing significantly better with db than either ds or wand outside of mobbing which has me question the tier list. why am i doing so much better with allegedly the worst weapon?

But why does Wand do the best? It certainly doesn't feel like it's doing the best and I'm certainly not parsing as high with wand as I am with DS and DB, with DB consistently doing the best overall against bosses. If it's the best it should feel the best. I should feel the most powerful and effective with the best, but I don't.
    Wand does nearly double what a DB rotation can output

Also post gear, weapons, SSA's etc because we dont know what you're using that could show us an obvious difference as to why you think this way. Could also be your PA rotations too
    PSO2 NGS

How to not constantly run out of pp with wand? Feels like wand dpp is about half of ds and db dpp and I have to refill pp a lot more often.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    How to not constantly run out of pp with wand? Feels like wand dpp is about half of ds and db dpp and I have to refill pp a lot more often.
    Use S5:Calming Shockwave for your 3rd normal attack and you'll never have PP issues again. If that's still a problem somehow then Liberate with Calming Shockwave and S4:Colossal Radiance (but this might be overkill). S4:Shared Ruin could also be useful maybe for a weapon purely dedicated to mobbing but meh I still believe Calming Shockwave is all you need.