Default So when does the Console section hit the forum?

I called it, but I never thought it would take this long for PSO2 to get western release on console.

I am baffled by this decision tho..... What makes SEGA think people are going to play a game thats almost 10 years old?
    Surely the next instalment is in the pipeline?
    Perhaps it was the success of MHW that convinced them to think again?
    We love our jrpg's what can I say... But after all this time?

Im at a loss... huh?

Quote Originally Posted by GeordieP View Post
    I called it, but I never thought it would take this long for PSO2 to get western release on console.

I am baffled by this decision tho..... What makes SEGA think people are going to play a game thats almost 10 years old?
    Surely the next instalment is in the pipeline?
    Perhaps it was the success of MHW that convinced them to think again?
    We love our jrpg's what can I say... But after all this time?

Im at a loss... huh?
    Phil Spencer (again) is the reason this is all happening and theres no reason to do a Console/PC version of the forums when the Consoles connect to the PC servers. People will play this when it releases, its not going to be as bad as you think
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

If you go to the PSU forums and try to make a new thread you will notice there are a lot of prefixes, that's the most that will happen in the pso2 forum, since content updates will differ for each region, unless it's a different game there is usually no separate section.

Quote Originally Posted by GeordieP View Post
    Considering that the next big MMO to come out is WoW Classic, don't think that people care how old a game is as long as its good.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    Considering that the next big MMO to come out is WoW Classic, don't think that people care how old a game is
    on that note I got some folk I know that still frequent one of the pso1 private servers when they're not feelin pso2 so anythings possible

but yeah the only things that would need seperate threads would just be like, recruitment/matchmaking threads; at worst maybe if a content gap starts to rear it's ugly head in a significant way.

SoJ has seemingly always had some kind of passive-agressive relationship with SoA; but since it's microsoft at the wheel and not spending SoJ's money on localization, it'll all probably wind up all depending on how quickly SoJ hands over update source code/materials over to microsoft, and how quickly microsoft can get localization processed. like im fully expecting a content gap of at least 2-4 weeks; more or less depending on if microsoft is going to fuss over licensing deals on collab content; but lord knows SoJ isn't going to be fine with the idea of letting localization for other regions slow down their own server.

like anything that even remotely looks like a robotech or a macross is going to likely get scrubbed out because the IP holders for non-japan regions are massive legal trolls
    Last edited by Zorak000; Aug 19, 2019 at 12:59 PM.

It's quite obvious cosmetic updates will be totally different, first because licences, second because they have 7 years worth of content to release in the new server as they please without being "revivals", otherwise the new server would be missing every past dance / hairstile / etc.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

honestly I hope they do the needful and just give this server an actual catalog to at least direct-buy from

the heck with the gatcha but make it all still tradable too

make AC tradable

make everything tradable except maybe the chronos/amphrite rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    honestly I hope they do the needful and just give this server an actual catalog to at least direct-buy from

the heck with the gatcha but make it all still tradable too

make AC tradable

make everything tradable except maybe the chronos/amphrite rocks
    If they do this then I ain't playing the US version, not paying 30 dollars for an outfit like in BDO. Can see people putting garbage ones on the market for like 100m+ .

Even if it's catalogue based, it can still be a temporary catalogue, otherwise you would not have the urge to buy it, the same way there are new scratches every other week, so it needs its proper separate announcement to detail the content for each server.