Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    What noo.. those pillows can be sold in player shop for moneh.
    The NPCs disappeared before players had a chance to login to purchase the items. Many players didn't know about the extended maintenance, and kept their shells to be used on the very last day.

I see... on my side many players know about the extended maintenance that I even forgot what'll happen to those who don't check the news. Oh well.

Deos Gryphon is probably the most pathetic iteration of an UH enemy so far. Other than the cosmetic redesign its basically the same enemy we've been fighting for the past few years, the only gimmick being its susceptible to freeze this time instead of shock. With this in mind, you can just stun lock Deos and pummel until its inevitable death without a scratch on your own HP. Not the most threatening UH tier enemy so far.

The rest of this years Regiment of the Wicked is fundamentally copy/pasted from last years with the exception of some mob changes. I don't know if its just me but the whole quest doesn't scream UH at me. Mobs just melt plus the only set backs I've had are getting a Nyau spawn and waiting for Emper/Izane to spawn after beating Deos (that delay is real right? It cant just be me surely).

yep that delay did cost me an additional run before

Quote Originally Posted by Aranea View Post
    Deos Gryphon is probably the most pathetic iteration of an UH enemy so far. Other than the cosmetic redesign its basically the same enemy we've been fighting for the past few years, the only gimmick being its susceptible to freeze this time instead of shock. With this in mind, you can just stun lock Deos and pummel until its inevitable death without a scratch on your own HP. Not the most threatening UH tier enemy so far.

The rest of this years Regiment of the Wicked is fundamentally copy/pasted from last years with the exception of some mob changes. I don't know if its just me but the whole quest doesn't scream UH at me. Mobs just melt plus the only set backs I've had are getting a Nyau spawn and waiting for Emper/Izane to spawn after beating Deos (that delay is real right? It cant just be me surely).
    wow its like, I've only been complaining about anything UH that isn't Armada

you guys still love YSOK? more boss reskins, couple of new attacks, mobs get bloated HP and nothing unique added to them making them a waste of time along with OT bosses clogging up the NT boss spawns, 15* camo drops (unless they're gimmick is along the lines of Orgei and its actually good) to avoid power creep on Atra Ex/Lightstream users because of the grind you have to put in to get them, tiny balance updates considered "content" month by month, same campaigns/LQ's for Atra/Lightstream over and over this year, Quest Campaign boosts that give a nice boost but the drops that are supposed to featured are compensated with extremely low rates for those drops to bait people into getting on, new "PAs" every few weeks or monthly.

I can only hope TGS announcement updates are actually good
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    you guys still love YSOK?
    Yes I do.

It's not like we haven't beaten this dead horse so many times already...

They cannot add challenging type of content because the playerbase just wants to play content where everything dies in 1-2 attacks while having infinite+ amount of i-frames. The only way to make content last longer is to either make enemies need more hits to die, or to make each quest have more enemies. In both cases, at least here at the forums, we complain about artificial extension of time needed to do complete our daily tasks.

Players always flock to what gives the most rewards for the least effort. We don't do anything other than daily FQs and EQs because that's where 99% of rewards are. We only run 1 TA, 1 XQ or 1 AQ per month because (surprise!) it's a weekly mission for 600k meseta. We don't run BQ because it doesn't give anything worthwhile. We don't run CMs for the same reason.

Sega also can't "enhance" the seasonal EQ experience exactly because we (the majority) would throw a fit if it required something more than blind left-click spamming while we watch Netflix on 2nd screen.

We have been given so many tools, defenses and QoL improvements for "harder" enemies that anything outside of unavoidable instant-death without warning is not even worth trying to evade (ok, we get knocked down).

PSO2 has ended up having less variety in content as time passed by instead of more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    It's not like we haven't beaten this dead horse so many times already...

They cannot add challenging type of content because the playerbase just wants to play content where everything dies in 1-2 attacks while having infinite+ amount of i-frames. The only way to make content last longer is to either make enemies need more hits to die, or to make each quest have more enemies. In both cases, at least here at the forums, we complain about artificial extension of time needed to do complete our daily tasks.

Players always flock to what gives the most rewards for the least effort. We don't do anything other than daily FQs and EQs because that's where 99% of rewards are. We only run 1 TA, 1 XQ or 1 AQ per month because (surprise!) it's a weekly mission for 600k meseta. We don't run BQ because it doesn't give anything worthwhile. We don't run CMs for the same reason.

Sega also can't "enhance" the seasonal EQ experience exactly because we (the majority) would throw a fit if it required something more than blind left-click spamming while we watch Netflix on 2nd screen.

We have been given so many tools, defenses and QoL improvements for "harder" enemies that anything outside of unavoidable instant-death without warning is not even worth trying to evade (ok, we get knocked down).

PSO2 has ended up having less variety in content as time passed by instead of more.
    > implying we had more content variety before.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Yes I do.
    ya because Ep6 has been such a fantastic adventure so far right?
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

I realize that it comes off as whining on my behalf, but in a sense we did.

1) Ultra Hard Free Fields are basically Free Fields without exploration. In fact, this has the case since Kuron was released. I guess people hated Sanctum and the concept of "Damn this is a dead end, I need to go the other way". There was (and still is for the old maps pre-UH) variety in map layout, and it felt great to find the exit in many maps.

2) In AQs the point of the quest was to maximize capsule investment by exploring every nook and cranny of the map and trying to cause many PSE Bursts. Current optimal way to clear AQ is to head straight to the end and kill only what appears right in front of you; no detours. Let's also not forget how the implementation of keys and 4th daily FQ basically killed the major boon that AQs was providing.

3) Time Attacks before Harkotan involved progressing through static dungeons and spawns. After the implementation of Harkotan TA, the rest of the TAs just take up space in the list.

4) The beginning of EP5 may have failed with BQ being the only new content, but at least it kind of "forced" us to try and prioritize targets according to the threat they posed to the towers, which was a welcome change over just hitting the closest target. The new EC type of having 2 targets which should ideally be killed together seemed like it would be an interesting change, but sadly killing one as fast as possible and then the 2nd is optimal, because the damage increase and general threat increase of the surviving target is too miniscule to even bother about it.

5) Before EP6 and the implementation of daily keys, Client Orders were a great way to make meseta and earn exp, enough that we had an incentive to remain and kill extra targets in a map before heading to the boss area. Nowadays it's not even worth taking the boss COs for 30k exp. In fact it is less exp/min and meseta/min to try and do any CO that isn't Daily Triboost or map clear for 100k+ meseta.

I want to emphasize that if players want to, they can still engage themselves in the above content. But the reward of all these has been diminished so much that it does not feel as if we progress, even if slightly. In fact, it feels as we intentionally gimp ourselves by not just jumping into the daily FQ / seasonal EQ treadmill.