Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I'd consider it content; just content that is a one-time experience, like Story mode. As it was mentioned, content is consumed for the reward, not for the content itself. I'd guess that Boss Rush Daily FQ is the most "liked" quest in the game, and we all know that it is not because players love fighting its 8 bosses in a row.

But to give any type of reward to any content, you either have to remove or devalue the other sources of the same reward. And I'd guess that players would fuss if that was the case.
    Yeah that's fair. Everyone has a definition of what content is and what's relevant to them.

Quote Originally Posted by UniverseLover View Post
    Obviously you didn't say that we can all read. It's the implication that dead content is actually content. If SEGA releases something and it's played for a week and never/rarely played beyond that, is that considered "content"? If they released Subdue Za Oodan UH people would probably do it for a day or two for the meme then it would be dead. That's not really content is it? So why are UH free fields content if it only lasts a few more days than Za Oodan UH would?
    Thats my point, the drops aren't worth going for unless you're looking to weapon pass camo them. Nab UH 15*s were garbage on release and those fields died quick. Worpal is barely alive as is, even had a 100% boost on it the 2nd week (should have been 200%) and it barely manage 1-2 mpa's if you were lucky and the drops there weren't any better, aesthetically they arent bad but usefulness no, stick to Atra/LS.

I really not expecting Sega to go out of their way to rework the Magatsu EQ for UH, just slap the current UH formula on to it, add Chronos or Amphrodite stones at extremely low rates + weapon camo drops + w/e "unique" 15*s they decide to release and call it a day.

I'd still be fighting the lag harder than the boss when the boss teleports a couple of steps forward and I fall off the platform which thankfully all class JBs exist to fix this

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    If I could clear it with 3 NPCs, I'd love to have it as content. Just because I'm a casual non-expert, it does not mean that I do not want content that is challenging for my own performance cap.

I'd consider it content; just content that is a one-time experience, like Story mode. As it was mentioned, content is consumed for the reward, not for the content itself. I'd guess that Boss Rush Daily FQ is the most "liked" quest in the game, and we all know that it is not because players love fighting its 8 bosses in a row.

But to give any type of reward to any content, you either have to remove or devalue the other sources of the same reward. And I'd guess that players would fuss if that was the case.
    Subdue Za Oodan UH was a joke and an implication that Xros just eats up any content that Sega puts out with extremely minimal effort into and just be happy with it despite how a company that has a team to actually create fun and long lasting content to run instead of fun for one hour and dead the following week with no incentive to latch on to and difficult to farm yourself when no one is running said content anymore.

Buster Quest FQ also outputs higher exp than boss rush LQ as a fyi
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

you know what else its a good idea delete the riding quest , nobody will miss these specially because of its aborrecent music (dont get me wrong i like the symphonical versions on FFs)

but definilly make new ones in space as FQ

edit: they can even use or recycle double innerverse tileset , its sad that tileset was made with so much dedication for not being use as an LQ at least
    Last edited by silo1991; Sep 9, 2019 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Subdue Za Oodan UH was a joke and an implication that Xros just eats up any content that Sega puts out with extremely minimal effort into and just be happy with it despite how a company that has a team to actually create fun and long lasting content to run instead of fun for one hour and dead the following week with no incentive to latch on to and difficult to farm yourself when no one is running said content anymore.
    I haven't said that I'm happy with this type of content in this thread but you love assuming things based on nothing i guess.
    By your definition Story quests aren't content because you play them once and that's it.
    Arks Quests were always "new player filler content" and if not for FQ no one would do them nowadays. Free Field explorations were the main Mode people ran for Drops before other means replaced them. (like AQ, XQ, EQ etc.). Back in Episode 4 between launch and Yamato if you wanted the newest Seiga weapons have fun grinding away in Tokyo exploration XH & Keys while Sega introduces Gathering or just wait the five months for Yamato EQ. Nobody was happy about it and that's why Sega tried new things with Riding Quests and Buster Quests.
    UH FF are just a means to have a permanent quest where the new weapon drop while they're also available in timed seasonal EQ's while also providing new Enemies with new attacks for Seasonal EQ's to keep them a little bit more fresh. Especially this year the Seasonals have been some of the best we've had in a long time. Regiment is just super lacking because UH Harkotan & Maggy will release at a later date.
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; Sep 10, 2019 at 11:19 AM.

Ultra Hard fields are necessary. Just like EP5 needed Enchanted Forest to be the dump area for all those abandoned Buster enemies or Falz bosses that were mostly available through EQs and story to have a satisfying appearance. The fields themselves are cost effective, and by that I mean that the enemy tweaks will just be reused in pretty much everything. Obviously people get bored of FF because it's low intensity grinding quest with no real goals and fail conditions, that's coupled with Sega's gear progression where peak gear comes from one limited availability boss from EP5 and everything else struggles to be a sidegrade or a welfare for that one new player the game gets every month.

What I would really want is for Sega to stop playing around with rehashing yet another low intensity EQ that's in essence just a romp through some enemies until you get quest clear, with at best some "TA" elements because you could fit one more EQ into the timeslot. It doesn't help that LQs just appear and disappear until Sega feels to recycle them like in Endless, while we could have a decently big selection of fun time wasters now. Even then those LQs and most of content in general really just follows scheme of low intensity simplistic rampage through some enemies that will succeed no matter what.

TD1-4 are still the peak TD experience that could use a rehash exactly because it's a tighter quest with fail conditions, but rebalancing for UH needs some mindfulness given the balance shifted towards ever faster classes, and I would really hope for mobs that use their free field HP values instead of being nerfed severely. The other content that was a great break from the usual was Challenge Mode, which had a very decent run until finally it was just straight outside any gear progression and forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    I haven't said that I'm happy with this type of content in this thread but you love assuming things based on nothing i guess.
    safe to say we're both assuming based of each others responses

By your definition Story quests aren't content because you play them once and that's it.
    You used to be able to play them more than once for items but Sega did away with that because free SG is not allowed and now harder to get now a days but no, I never considered Story Quests like this because Free Fields don't have stories/cutscenes to them, just little random info pads that people almost never bother to look at anymore.

Back in Episode 4 between launch and Yamato if you wanted the newest Seiga weapons have fun grinding away in Tokyo exploration XH & Keys while Sega introduces Gathering or just wait the five months for Yamato EQ.
    I don't know anyone who legitmately grinded for those weapons, either did Trigs or Yamato. Gathering needs a rework still, its mobile tier input is super bad still, so much potential with the Gathering system that Sega is small brained to bother with, I mean you can use other MMO's or RPGs as an example

Nobody was happy about it and that's why Sega tried new things with Riding Quests and Buster Quests.
    While I can agree that Rideroid was a bit out there, Buster Quest was just a lame mans way of implementing more boring TD. Again, they could have gone about it better considering the theme around the Episode, we could have had a expansive war field/siege the castle EQ but we got stand in one area for X amount of time then storm up 2 ways and shred the attacking boss castle that takes less than a min to kill.

UH FF are just a means to have a permanent quest where the new weapon drop while they're also available in timed seasonal EQ's while also providing new Enemies with new attacks for Seasonal EQ's to keep them a little bit more fresh. Especially this year the Seasonals have been some of the best we've had in a long time. Regiment is just super lacking because UH Harkotan & Maggy will release at a later date.
    We're at the point where you're better off not running/wasting time on the new UH field and just run the Seasonals with incredibly higher drop rates for whatever new 15*s that release unless that specific drop isn't in the seasonal and you want it, then run said UH content. Sega almost makes it pointless to bother running the UH fields outside experiencing that content before its dead the following week or two.

but hey, we're just going to get to the point where all the UH fields are done and Sega is just going to slap a 100/150% Tri Boost (or just RDR) for each planet rotation per week with either a new field boss or Falz bosses dropping a specific set (or single) of weapons to get people to run it again just to fill the void when theres nothing to do in the game which even then you can expect the fields to still not be maybe more than one mpa full. What I'm getting at is when this happens, its an incredibly super lazy filler content before the next update which is not exactly fun and definitely not a great way to get people to come back when people know how UH fields work and as much as I don't like easy 15*s, they may as well just let mobs/bosses drop (hear me out) MORE stones or something to trade in for whatever field drops that are there so theres something to work toward instead of running the UH field for lets say 5hrs in bursts and ultimately you get nothing out of it.

also lower the rate of OT bosses spawning, they're what makes the fields more infuriating when you go a whole hour of no NT boss spawns
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Sep 14, 2019 at 03:55 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

TBH Perpetual Madness is the one TD style quest that is truly good, the rest ranges from nice to alright and all are pure bs with a bad mpa, worse than Madness, mainly since in madness people being at the wrong location will not automatically lead to losing a ton of tower health and Madness doesn't have a ton of laser towers or exodas that can take down mining towers almost instantly.
    Also, just Madness since Endless Belligerence has the original BQ map which much bigger than all TD maps, has no travel system other than super slow telepipe cannons that are effectively only to reduce travel time in the final phase and only 8 players instead of 12.

TDs also have too big maps so you lose a ton of pp form dashing, especially since enemy waves deliberately alternate at opposite ends of the map, whereas Madness is pretty small with well placed tokyo speed rings so you dash a little to reach one and then refill pp while traveling shortly to your destination and even towers at opposite ends of the map can be reached pretty fast and with plenty of pp to actually kill enemies before they break that tower in half.
    Also, you only need a bit of collecting which you can do effortlessly since you don't have to press anything but in TD it means either stopping to dash constantly and slowly walking the last bit or breaking all your fingers since you have to press a button to collect.
    And if you don't, the quest can fail very easily. Since people have to collect frequently throughout the entire quest or 1-3 people have to do very little other than collecting almost the entire quest frequently you have runs where no one wants to do the boring ass collecting instead of the fun fighting (very understandably) and not just in random but even in premade runs.
    TDs can be very fun but they will fail miserably and be anything but fun if people don't know what they are doing and pull their weight in much more ways than just dps.
    Madness relies almost entirely on dps so even all those so called pro dps freaks that fail at TD can do it easily and it is far easier to get a good run with randoms.
    And overall TD is way too much filler between fun, too much time spent on traveling, collecting, etc. whereas Perpetual Madness is just a concentration of fighting fun with little else, mostly just traveling a bit more than usual to get some out of the way laser tower and since laser towers are far less common in Madness than in later TDs they almost always get taken down in time whereas in TDs they and the exodas will frequently wreck towers since people get distracted way too easily by shiny bosses and minobosses they could fight instead of making sure they quest doesn't fail 10 minutes down the line.

Anyway, what we really want is for Sega to do sanity checks for ALL new content.
    They failed / omitted the sanity check for UH fields when healing was nerfed healing by a massive 50% while everything hits like a truck on top another truck on top a freight train and making S4 Vampiric Strike nearly useless.
    They failed the sanity check even worse they added flyby air raids every 45 seconds or so that instakill you if you don't to dodge half a second after they appear on screen and then another 4 times in 2 seconds.
    Sega somehow believes this is actually fun, not just incredibly frustrating and pointless and it's all good and no problem since the quest have autorevive every 15 seconds or something.

And lack of new content has really never been this game's issue, at least since ep 2. The real issue has always been imbalanced core content.
    And for the past 4 years or something, lack of obvious core content like more than eqs in XH and all explorations in the same difficulty.
    We still have only 3 fields in XH because Sega stopped halfway through that campaign to go full ADS and add completely unrelated content and we can only hope that Sega will add at the very least UH for all fields instead of going ADS again.
    And this is just core content since explorations in all difficulties are the main core of content from which all else branches of.
    And yeah, Sega failed their Sanity check on XH fields as well by cranking up the encounter rate for Apostolo and Elze as well as lvl 85 bosses to 21 which are really annoying to fight for very little reward when soloing and thus destroying the one bastion for relaxing solo gameplay you can do unconditionally whenever you want, even before XH SH explorations were upgraded to have an e-trial rate almost the same to EQs with random trials but instead of the regular stuff, even for XH mobbing eqs, XH fields are just spamming lvl 85 bosses that barely even drop a single cube let a lone a 13* or 14* or at least a 12* unit so again it's content that's pretty much pointless and unfun solo.