Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default SEGA will end PSO2 support for Windows 7 in January 14.

https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status...83120043724807

Nearly the same date as Microsoft will end their support of Windows 7 in general. As for me I will keep playing till the game won't run anymore as I never trusted Windows10. Anyways it's been a nice run and I had a lot of fun playing it. I also enjoyed the character creation on how easy it was to make waifus.

An Afternoon Book Burning modoru's Avatar

it's a standard practice for companies - they're not saying the game will stop working for win7, just that if shit breaks, they're not going to bother figuring out why

so you'll probably be fine for the foreseeable future
    ship02 / playerID: modos / the pso2es dream is dead

I suppose this also has something to do with the fact that Microsoft will distribute PSO2 in NA using Windows 10 and Xbox One.

I'm using a 2009 machine with Windows 10 and a modest video card, and I can run PSO2 decently (trying to use few resources, of course). It is probably the last game I will play consistently.

Yet they still actively support windows XP, and when the game broke and was unplayable on it (and had a golden couple of weeks where it was super smooth and performance was comparatively amazing compared to usual), they went out of their way to fix it. an irony.

Anybody still use Windows 7 in 2019? Why not XP or 98? Stop using necromancy...

Quote Originally Posted by Atmius View Post
    Yet they still actively support windows XP, and when the game broke and was unplayable on it (and had a golden couple of weeks where it was super smooth and performance was comparatively amazing compared to usual), they went out of their way to fix it. an irony.
    No they don't, they dropped support of XP when microsoft did. Like Modoru said, this is common practice. The main reason stuff tends to keep working on older systems is because you'd have to basically rework it from the ground up for it to not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    Anybody still use Windows 7 in 2019? Why not XP or 98? Stop using necromancy...
    Says the guy still using LS units.

LMAO GOTEM

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    No they don't, they dropped support of XP when microsoft did. Like Modoru said, this is common practice. The main reason stuff tends to keep working on older systems is because you'd have to basically rework it from the ground up for it to not.
    Except that when it broke, they actively went out of their way to fix it to make it work again.

Quote Originally Posted by Atmius View Post
    Except that when it broke, they actively went out of their way to fix it to make it work again.
    You sure they went out of their way for it, and it didn't just have to do with fixing something that was breaking less dramatically for other OS? Also, "dropping support" is just "you can't get mad at us if we decide not to do anything", not "we'll actively avoid doing anything".

I REALLY hope they don't make PSO2 an UWP app. Or port straight to DX12. I don't want this game to be a stutter fest no more than it already is.

Unless they add some kind of verification, it should have no issues running 7 as long as it runs on 10.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    I REALLY hope they don't make PSO2 an UWP app. Or port straight to DX12. I don't want this game to be a stutter fest no more than it already is.

Unless they add some kind of verification, it should have no issues running 7 as long as it runs on 10.
    I doubt this is indicative of them doing something like that.