Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    God forbid Sega get a bit more creative with these weapons and create something new and not borrowed from older weapons. People want JT to die already but who knows at this point if thats going to happen. I dont know how to feel if suddenly Liberate Rod gets EPD's pot, seems cool but just why. Sega's past 15* releases haven't been all that good either
    I just like spread needle and akatsuki, and I'm not really fond of weapons with interesting potentials becoming obsolete. If the only way to keep them relevant is to add them to new weapons then sure. I actually think a lot of the recent 15*s are pretty interesting, but there's a bunch of super unique weapons being left at the wayside because they have relatively low stats and no SSAs. I'm not too worried about creativity with what seems to be the generic episode 6 weapons anyway.

Also who is people in the context of wanting JT gone? It doesn't seem anywhere near as ubiquitous as Lavis Cannon was in its heyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Also who is people in the context of wanting JT gone? It doesn't seem anywhere near as ubiquitous as Lavis Cannon was in its heyday.
    the fact that JT+ is still the best of the best dual blades right now makes some people salty. personally i don't want to change it because i already affixed it at 245 atk + pw. doing crazy affixing again will make me more no life.
    yeah, my engrish is bad

I just like spread needle and akatsuki, and I'm not really fond of weapons with interesting potentials becoming obsolete. If the only way to keep them relevant is to add them to new weapons then sure. I actually think a lot of the recent 15*s are pretty interesting, but there's a bunch of super unique weapons being left at the wayside because they have relatively low stats and no SSAs. I'm not too worried about creativity with what seems to be the generic episode 6 weapons anyway.

I can agree with that

It was competing with Atra Ex at the time but bolts need to hit to compete properly but LS wins over it. Now if you give it to Liberate, it might as well just be JT all over again which I guess isn't too bad of an idea but the fact is it's going to stay on Liberate DB's for a long time again. I guess for me is that we need to move on from older stuff like those but giving it some more though, I suppose giving those unique pots as S5's isn't too bad of an idea either. I'm flip flopping around these choices, moving on though is my main prerogative
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

I can agree with that

It was competing with Atra Ex at the time but bolts need to hit to compete properly but LS wins over it. Now if you give it to Liberate, it might as well just be JT all over again which I guess isn't too bad of an idea but the fact is it's going to stay on Liberate DB's for a long time again. I guess for me is that we need to move on from older stuff like those but giving it some more though, I suppose giving those unique pots as S5's isn't too bad of an idea either. I'm flip flopping around these choices, moving on though is my main prerogative
    I understand. I certainly don't want there to only be one good option, I actually wasn't aware how potent JT was in the grand scheme of things. I thought it was like Rykros with a common, but specific niche or something. Granted, I honestly wouldn't consider JT to have a very exciting pot or anything, it's mostly the ones that open up or enhance specific play styles, strategies, or synergies that I'm interested in, and ultimately, JT is just more damage on top of your PAs.

I understand. I certainly don't want there to only be one good option, I actually wasn't aware how potent JT was in the grand scheme of things. I thought it was like Rykros with a common, but specific niche or something. Granted, I honestly wouldn't consider JT to have a very exciting pot or anything, it's mostly the ones that open up or enhance specific play styles, strategies, or synergies that I'm interested in, and ultimately, JT is just more damage on top of your PAs.
    Ya its great to have the additional damage on PA's but again I don't think we should keep latching on to this forever but hey if it works fluidly enough for Et i may not have any qualms about it anymore but it's up in the air right now until we see more of those new S5's. Life Steal S4 and JT Lighting S5 doesn't sound too bad
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Nov 12, 2019 at 10:44 PM.
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

There is no such thing as interesting potential, only higher dps. You can have a weapon that automatically heals, grants 90% avoidance, stuns enemies, doubles the amount of drops from bosses and has unique special visual and audio effects when used; as long as there is another weapon that sims 1% higher, the former is obsolete and useless.

Exaggeration but you catch my point.

People want JT to die already
    Speak for yourself? A lot of my friends are ecstatic about the posibility of Liberate being better Jupiter Tullus, Gilles Weihen, Lavis Canon etc.
    Kai pots are cool and all but considering that the only thing Complex PA scale with are raw stats they obviously wont age well.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Speak for yourself? A lot of my friends are ecstatic about the posibility of Liberate being better Jupiter Tullus, Gilles Weihen, Lavis Canon etc.
    Kai pots are cool and all but considering that the only thing Complex PA scale with are raw stats they obviously wont age well.
    My friends = its only Kril that wants it gone.

Neat logic
    PSO2 NGS

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    There is no such thing as interesting potential, only higher dps. You can have a weapon that automatically heals, grants 90% avoidance, stuns enemies, doubles the amount of drops from bosses and has unique special visual and audio effects when used; as long as there is another weapon that sims 1% higher, the former is obsolete and useless.

Exaggeration but you catch my point.
    Most of the slightly weaker weapons with good/interesting pots are still good enough to do literally everything in the game. Absolute top tier dps only matters for people trying to go above and beyond. My main concern isn't weapons with interesting potentials being weak, its them being so weak in the wake of power creep that they aren't even an option for completing relevant content at all. I'm fine with Spread Needle and Exacrimav having less damage than a LS rifle, I use them so I can recover pp quickly and consistently while mobbing as phantom and have higher dps uptime.

I'm honestly really sick of your constant hyperbole about people getting their panties in a knot over tiny percent differences, when they're not tiny though.

I'm merely overemphasizing the elitist mentality that permeates online communities. But come on, you definitely have encountered people who would react as I describe