Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Shoutouts to that once Force party member who always died in 1 hit during dragon rematch.
    Glad thats not a thing anymore.

Matoi revival is gonna drain all my SG

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Shoutouts to that once Force party member who always died in 1 hit during dragon rematch.
    Glad thats not a thing anymore.

Matoi revival is gonna drain all my SG
    all they did was take out the difficulty from the Quest, gotta cater to casuals I guess. 15* Tact is hype though
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    all they did was take out the difficulty from the Quest, gotta cater to casuals I guess. 15* Tact is hype though
    The challenge was gone the moment Enchanted Forest Free field released and every class had access to -40% damage taken Pot. After that it was just tedious to deal with lazy party members.

I died all 3 times during my first run of Dragon Rematch back when it was released. I never joined again until I had full Lightstream equipment. Funnily enough, my survivability barely increased 10% with an extra 5 levels, 300ish HP and 300ish DEF. But I was better at evading.

Off topic, but this is one of my beefs with the game. We experience massive powercreep with new equipment with regards to our damage output, we're possibly at 10x or higher damage output than when EP5 was released, but our survivability has barely increased. Enemy mobs in Naberius SH can still kill you if you go afk for 20-30seconds, which... should not be the case. Dragon Atrum still deals 600-700 damage with tail sweep, which is barely an improvement over 800ish at the start of EP5. There is no part of the game where we can say "Hm, I need more HP / DEF to be able to complete this, or to be more efficient". Anything that pins the player at a position either gives superarmor, or it is intentionally designed to be a case of "get lucky or better at predicting where the enemy will hit". Even for Hero which is the only class so far where it has been suggested to get HP due to Hero Boost, the correct answer is to "just evade better".

Hoping that the Etoile class will come along with content where DEF stats will play an important role alongside active evasion.

i defeated the dragon rematch 3 months ago as a Te/Hu it was funny how i buffed ocassionally while i was hitting hard

oh boy i better get SG now

also nobody its gonna talk about how in the new UQ Volt Op its back ?

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    The challenge was gone the moment Enchanted Forest Free field released and every class had access to -40% damage taken Pot. After that it was just tedious to deal with lazy party members.
    even with the release of those weapons I never saw people using them in rematch and not only that they werent worth making just like that one ice series for solo PD wasnt worth making either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I died all 3 times during my first run of Dragon Rematch back when it was released. I never joined again until I had full Lightstream equipment. Funnily enough, my survivability barely increased 10% with an extra 5 levels, 300ish HP and 300ish DEF. But I was better at evading.
    at this point its skill and boss memorization, you shouldnt have needed a full set of Lightstream just to be able to survive in that old quest with all the power creep we've gotten

Off topic, but this is one of my beefs with the game. We experience massive powercreep with new equipment with regards to our damage output, we're possibly at 10x or higher damage output than when EP5 was released, but our survivability has barely increased. Enemy mobs in Naberius SH can still kill you if you go afk for 20-30seconds, which... should not be the case.
    Survivalbility has gone up over time though, Units, affixing etc just because we're in UH doesn't mean SH mobs should be hitting 1's either

Dragon Atrum still deals 600-700 damage with tail sweep, which is barely an improvement over 800ish at the start of EP5. There is no part of the game where we can say "Hm, I need more HP / DEF to be able to complete this, or to be more efficient". Anything that pins the player at a position either gives superarmor, or it is intentionally designed to be a case of "get lucky or better at predicting where the enemy will hit"
    so do you expect the damage to drop from 800 to 100? why even have a harder rematch fight if the boss is going to hit like air. Still boss memorization and just anticipation of attacks has always been a thing and something people dont bother to learn. Hunar's AoE attack being a prime target since for some reason people still die to this in 2019, people who have been here for years

Even for Hero which is the only class so far where it has been suggested to get HP due to Hero Boost, the correct answer is to "just evade better".
    Well Hero Boost issue has been basically fixed, you're still suppose to be countering attacks in general because its free boss punish damage and general DPS upkeep and now gives you back 10% HB if you're still recovering. Hero Counter exist for a reason, you don't face tank or just act reckless as Hero either

Hoping that the Etoile class will come along with content where DEF stats will play an important role alongside active evasion.
    It's a literal Def class, what more do you want? play Hu if you really dont want to die, even Summoner is still immortal.
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Survivalbility has gone up over time though, Units, affixing etc just because we're in UH doesn't mean SH mobs should be hitting 1's either
    Yes, it has gone up. Disproportionally low compared to our offensive capabilities though. As I mentioned in the other thread, since 2012 our dps has increased by a factor of 10^5, our HP just a bit over 10. Then again, our PP has increased by... 1.5?

so do you expect the damage to drop from 800 to 100? why even have a harder rematch fight if the boss is going to hit like air. Still boss memorization and just anticipation of attacks has always been a thing and something people dont bother to learn. Hunar's AoE attack being a prime target since for some reason people still die to this in 2019, people who have been here for years
    Actually yes. I would expect that a full defensive build would drop enemy damage significantly. But it should grant the opportunity to use these long-animation PA/ long-casting Techs for damage which should be almost equal to a glass cannon. This would open up more interesting builds and metas, where a player can either go glass cannon full dps, or tank that can take a beating instead of having to evade all the time and wait for an opening. Imagine if you can keep a charged Ilfoie without having to dodge, or be able to fully unleash Nazonde without fearing that you'll die in melee range, or even be able to unleash a fully charge Namegid. (yes, I know that Charge Escape is a thing). Or even be able to "tank" these pewpews in Armada that kill whoever is in front after every wave (if they don't evade).

Or a new concept, a class which has weapon gear increase based on incoming damage. A class that plays the opposite of the rest, which has to try to get hit by enemies instead of evade all the time.

Well Hero Boost issue has been basically fixed, you're still suppose to be countering attacks in general because its free boss punish damage and general DPS upkeep and now gives you back 10% HB if you're still recovering. Hero Counter exist for a reason, you don't face tank or just act reckless as Hero either
    Yep. So even for Hero, HP or DEF is pretty much useless.

It's a literal Def class, what more do you want? play Hu if you really dont want to die, even Summoner is still immortal.
    Oh, I will be playing it! Defensive support class that complements existing support abilities? The only thing that will annoy me is only initially when everyone and their grandmas will be Etoile, and therefore support abilities will not stack.

Yes, it has gone up. Disproportionally low compared to our offensive capabilities though. As I mentioned in the other thread, since 2012 our dps has increased by a factor of 10^5, our HP just a bit over 10. Then again, our PP has increased by... 1.5?
    all i can say is that doing 6s affixing has jumped me to at least a standard 1300-1550 HP range and around 190-220 pp range. im not sure where people are struggling I guess if theyre just doing budget builds.

Actually yes. I would expect that a full defensive build would drop enemy damage significantly. But it should grant the opportunity to use these long-animation PA/ long-casting Techs for damage which should be almost equal to a glass cannon. This would open up more interesting builds and metas, where a player can either go glass cannon full dps, or tank that can take a beating instead of having to evade all the time and wait for an opening.
    everytime I read something like this, I get the idea the individual is just too lazy or refuses to learn boss pattern to evade/counter and would rather just no brain smash buttons no matter how much damage they keep taking. I can understand Tanking in this game which obviously Hunter being the better one to do it with a higher damage output than Te/Hu can do but Sega's still almost made tanking or just general face tanking builds not nearly as good as it could be.

Imagine if you can keep a charged Ilfoie without having to dodge, or be able to fully unleash Nazonde without fearing that you'll die in melee range, or even be able to unleash a fully charge Namegid. (yes, I know that Charge Escape is a thing). Or even be able to "tank" these pewpews in Armada that kill whoever is in front after every wave (if they don't evade).
    the issue is that youre talking about your general MMO Magic classes that have always been high attack but low defense, as nice as it would be to have those things it would defeat the purpose of these classes and at that point you might as well be playing a variant of a Paladin or Magic Knight. Also those techs (while I know you used in example) are pretty mediocre in general.

Or a new concept, a class which has weapon gear increase based on incoming damage. A class that plays the opposite of the rest, which has to try to get hit by enemies instead of evade all the time.
    I've given thoughts about this type of class to be something but having to rely on something to continuously hit you to get powered up isnt feasible with a damage upkeep over time. Niche play but not a bad idea

Yep. So even for Hero, HP or DEF is pretty much useless.
    They're not useless when trying to upkeep Hero Boost, ya you can be a bit more reckless, make a couple of more mistakes but resetting HB to 0% is not helpful whatsoever. So yes, you still need to get good with this class to stay on top

Oh, I will be playing it! Defensive support class that complements existing support abilities? The only thing that will annoy me is only initially when everyone and their grandmas will be Etoile, and therefore support abilities will not stack.
    Usual thing for new class but it'll drop off over time, abilities stacking would be great, doubtful it'll be there but upkeep is great if people are timing it right
    PSO2 NGS

even with the release of those weapons I never saw people using them in rematch and not only that they werent worth making just like that one ice series for solo PD wasnt worth making either.
    Not everyone has a cookie cutter mentality in this community and when talking about Fo/Te who die in one hit from anything the Dragon does, yes its worth getting a Weapon with -40% damage taken. It's either re-affix your units (or affix them at all I guess) vs just slap a cheap tradeable weapon together and be done with it.