Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

what is the story on the new 15* tact yall?

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Not everyone has a cookie cutter mentality in this community and when talking about Fo/Te who die in one hit from anything the Dragon does, yes its worth getting a Weapon with -40% damage taken. It's either re-affix your units (or affix them at all I guess) vs just slap a cheap tradeable weapon together and be done with it.
    There are casuals who want cookie cutter playstyles so dont play it off that theres a minority for it

I ran Fo/Te as much as i did Hero during Dragon rematch, never ran into the issue if being shotted there and i if i recall correctly that series came out a bit late into dragons lifespan

Quote Originally Posted by diamondx View Post
    what is the story on the new 15* tact yall?
    Nothing besides it being new
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Bummer the Atlas Ex Takt is basically dead on arrival.

Increase Power by 6%. Your Pet can survive one fatal attack with 1 HP. Your Pet restores HP at regular intervals afterwards.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

A raw 6% damage increase with no requirements is pretty big. Every tact that beats it has some sort of requirement. Also that "pet can survive one fatal attack" depends on whether or not switching pets resets it unlike the player version, though I doubt it. Might be nice for Redran or Aero though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    There are casuals who want cookie cutter playstyles so dont play it off that theres a minority for it
    I never said those people are a minority but whatever makes your argument more relevant i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    I ran Fo/Te as much as i did Hero during Dragon rematch, never ran into the issue if being shotted there and i if i recall correctly that series came out a bit late into dragons lifespan
    "I had no issues as so why would people who aren't me have issue?"
    What applies to you doesn't apply to everyone, hun.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Bummer the Atlas Ex Takt is basically dead on arrival.
    Its a pretty good alternative for people who don't use LS takt or farm Ceres Takt.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    I never said those people are a minority but whatever makes your argument more relevant i guess.

"I had no issues as so why would people who aren't me have issue?"
    What applies to you doesn't apply to everyone, hun.

Its a pretty good alternative for people who don't use LS takt or farm Ceres Takt.
    What else can i say then besides get good?
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Yes, it has gone up. Disproportionally low compared to our offensive capabilities though. As I mentioned in the other thread, since 2012 our dps has increased by a factor of 10^5, our HP just a bit over 10. Then again, our PP has increased by... 1.5?

Actually yes. I would expect that a full defensive build would drop enemy damage significantly. But it should grant the opportunity to use these long-animation PA/ long-casting Techs for damage which should be almost equal to a glass cannon. This would open up more interesting builds and metas, where a player can either go glass cannon full dps, or tank that can take a beating instead of having to evade all the time and wait for an opening. Imagine if you can keep a charged Ilfoie without having to dodge, or be able to fully unleash Nazonde without fearing that you'll die in melee range, or even be able to unleash a fully charge Namegid. (yes, I know that Charge Escape is a thing). Or even be able to "tank" these pewpews in Armada that kill whoever is in front after every wave (if they don't evade).

Or a new concept, a class which has weapon gear increase based on incoming damage. A class that plays the opposite of the rest, which has to try to get hit by enemies instead of evade all the time.
    Those dilemmas and playstyle all exist within SU, just I guess nobody bothers with it.
    - Can either go glass cannon, but require careful HP management to avoid your pet from dying from dear master procs, or be more balanced/tanky to freely unleash offensive PAs without needing much micro-management
    - The buffs to Alter ego and Dear master were made to let you be able to use stuff like Aero Spiral or Redran Burst very freely due to the MH/damage reduction effect for as long as it's active, without beign completely free of charge either due to damage transfer.
    - Actively getting in damage's way is Marron's entire schtick, hence why it's so fun. you actively need to optimize getting hit to get him to level 2 or max ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Yep. So even for Hero, HP or DEF is pretty much useless.
    HP is still very useful to have on Hero. You still don't want to be reset by a random spit coming from the back and whatnot. Most dedicated Heroes get at least 1400HP and some go to the 1500-1600 mile which is already a fair bit of HP. as Kril said Hero wasn't designed with tanking in mind anyway but it doesn't mean HP is irrelevant to the class.
    DEF being irrelevant is a stat problem. the extra DEF you can get from mag or affixes just doesn't amount to much (the bulk coming from unit stats) and DEF only start having an impact by overloading the numbers (similarly to how extra ATK from affixes doesn't provide a huge up), so unless we somehow get access to ways to increase DEF in a major way, it will remain a "side" stat at most.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Oct 8, 2019 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Those dilemmas and playstyle all exist within SU, just I guess nobody bothers with it.
    - Can either go glass cannon, but require careful HP management to avoid your pet from dying from dear master procs, or be more balanced/tanky to freely unleash offensive PAs without needing much micro-management
    I disagree. Going glass cannon actually makes it EASIER to avoid KOing your pet with dear master because dear master procs only do up to as much damage to your pet as you had hp remaining, not how much damage you took. This means as long as you have less hp remaining than your pet then dear master won't ever KO your pet. The only time I ever have a pet KO'd by dear master is if the pet gets bursted down with so much damage it would have likely gone down anyway.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/24931/

According to SEGA, Atlas Takt doesn't require a Chronos Stone. So it's alright, I guess.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    http://pso2.jp/players/news/24931/

According to SEGA, Atlas Takt doesn't require a Chronos Stone. So it's alright, I guess.
    what...... , good i builded the lumiere takt