Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    they can call it D Arker lol
    I know you're making a joke, but even if something like this would have made more sense. They could have also have come up with something like "Dahkars",
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I think we can all agree that "Photoner" is aggressively awkward no matter how you look at it

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    I think we can all agree that "Photoner" is aggressively awkward no matter how you look at it
    Can't wait to see people's reaction to whatever they change that to.

I don't think they would make up a name like Falspawn just for censoring, that's provably sega's decision which means the new localisation for next year's launch is going to use that therm too. And now I wonder... will they dub it? that would be a huge investment for a f2p game they almost never released. If not then yeah, people will hear DAAKA and CODO EFU etc.

from what I've been told; the existence of Dark Falz was apparently classified information, so general ARKS members shouldn't know what a Falz even is.
    Some of the fights are classified, like the one 40 years ago on Naberius, and the fact Elder was sealed there, but Dark Falz is common knowledge, minus the part it takes hosts, provably.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    DAAKA and CODO EFU etc.
    You mean CODO DEE. Code F is the stupid localized name to be consistent with "Falspawn".

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    I don't think they would make up a name like Falspawn just for censoring, that's provably sega's decision which means the new localisation for next year's launch is going to use that therm too. And now I wonder... will they dub it? that would be a huge investment for a f2p game they almost never released. If not then yeah, people will hear DAAKA and CODO EFU etc.
    Ya, pretty sure the sort of "people" who would actually heart this and bitch are too busy trying to "cancel" people on Twitter to actually play a video game.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    The story diverged from the game's the moment there was anyone but Ash and Afin in the camship.
    TBH that is important because a complete rehash of the game's story would be boring af.
    Pretty sure that there was always multiple people in the campship at the start but they decided on focusing on afin only because he was the important one. Guessing how there were other ARKS that were on the planet when you first started.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Can't wait to see people's reaction to whatever they change that to.
    inb4 they change it to ancients or old ones XD
    Last edited by ratatosk; Oct 13, 2019 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ratatosk View Post
    inb4 they change it to ancients or old ones XD
    If they do change it, I doubt they will make it any term that means predecessor considering, if I recall correctly, the first time we hear the term Photoner it is related to Luther and his Void scientists before we learn more about the real Photoners.

It sounds fine to me... Then again, English isn't my native language.

Photon derives from the Greek word "φώς" - "phos" which means "light". If they decide to change it, they'd probably go for something that relates to that or the equivalent Latin root "lux". I guess "Lighter" is out of the question

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    It sounds fine to me... Then again, English isn't my native language.

Photon derives from the Greek word "φώς" - "phos" which means "light". If they decide to change it, they'd probably go for something that relates to that or the equivalent Latin root "lux". I guess "Lighter" is out of the question
    It sounds weird in english because photon is a noun, and the suffix "-er" is usually added to verbs (e.g. runner, carrier, singer). It's obviously in reference to their relationship with Photon technology, so it's not an unfitting name, it just sounds unnatural in english. I get the impression that they were going for something meaning "Photon people" or "photon using people", which would mean something like Photonian, or something might work better, but I'm mostly drawing blanks unless we drop the photon part entirely for a different light related word.

Alternatively Photoneer, as a portmanteau of Photon and Engineer.