Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    So we're going to get Dewman and Io soon?
    I wonder if they are going to go with our meddling creating a ripple effects causing Deumen to have been an older race (like is implied with that dialogue from Luther that only is there for non-Deumen during his intro scene) or if they are all going to be recent conversions like Theo.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    I wonder if they are going to go with our meddling creating a ripple effects causing Deumen to have been an older race (like is implied with that dialogue from Luther that only is there for non-Deumen during his intro scene) or if they are all going to be recent conversions like Theo.
    Or just both~
    Dewman already exist, but number are few, Luthor created more recent dewman?
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

" We need you join Dewman the Arks next generation savior of Temis"Luther's News

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Or just both~
    Dewman already exist, but number are few, Luthor created more recent dewman?
    Did dewman exist before episode 2? I don't remember it clearly but I think Xion said the past was changed, by Luther? so they popped as a common species in Oracle.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Did dewman exist before episode 2? I don't remember it clearly but I think Xion said the past was changed, by Luther? so they popped as a common species in Oracle.
    Duman were originally introduced with Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity. Supposidly this game takes place prior to PSO2.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Here is the dialogue that only shows up for non-Deumen when Luther first shows up in Episode 2 (I've had this screenshot for a while so I don't know if there have been any changes to the translation):

I always took it as Luther becoming aware that we had been meddling in time, and it was a kind of butterfly effect thing as a result of what we did, and then later on, to my rough recollection, Io tells us that Deumen are the result of experimentation with either Darkers or the fossils of the species Chrome Dragons were cloned from (I forget which).

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Duman were originally introduced with Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity. Supposidly this game takes place prior to PSO2.
    Timeline-wise the PSU games seem to take place prior to PSO2 since the cutscenes with Emilia take place once they have cracked subspace travel, but since she appears in Episode 4, it is also possible that Po2/Po2i take place concurrently with Episode 1/2, assuming subspace doesn't also have some sort of time travel component to it.
    Last edited by Anduril; Oct 29, 2019 at 10:28 AM.

, Io tells us that Deumen are the result of experimentation with either Darkers or the fossils of the species Chrome Dragons were cloned from (I forget which).
    I think it was both.

I'm pretty sure PSP2i/The PSU setting in general is in an entirely different dimension, so that point is kind of moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post
    Some points for contrast for episode 4:
    Luther is goading Gettemhart's strings, and now we see a rather simple reason why he got so interested in reawakening Elder
    wow i cant believe i predicted that in a video i did months ago

https://youtu.be/hrsinxoyXpg?t=114

remember active the subs, EP2 times spoilers btw
    Last edited by silo1991; Oct 30, 2019 at 12:42 AM.

The same way Numan/Newman from Algol are different species from the ones on Ragol, Gurhal or even the new Newman in Coral, I think it's obvious Gurhal Duman/Dewman are different from Oracle ones. It's even hard to call humans by that name in PSO2 (or PSU), after all they are all engineered species.

assuming subspace doesn't also have some sort of time travel component to it.
    It provably does, since Gurhal's Rykross Falz and VR ruins had memories from unaltered Ragol, then Emilia saved Rico and nothing happened in Ragol. Also unless all the mother-photoner thing happened 4,5 billion years ago, I'd assume they dropped Mother through time as well.

All of this, or it's just non canon fanservice in both cases, having PSO elements in PSU, and PSU elements in PSO2.