Page 1 of 46 123411 ... LastLast

Default Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle

I'm surprised no one made a thread yet.

This adaption is a lot DARKER than I thought it would be and I like it, abetter presentation than that shit adaption(if you'd call that an adaption at all). they first made.
    test

The far shots of characters were pretty bad though that seems to be a common thing with anime nowadays.Honestly the cgi is fine there are much worse offenders(the bear in Golden Kamuy and EVERYTHING in Berserk).Overall not a bad start really.

Wow, they went Goblin Slayer now. PHOTONS does work only on the protagonist.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Rest in piece Generic Boxart Newman

Credit

Falspawn.

They managed to fit so much information in the first episode, you can tell it's going to be a roller coaster for people that never played the story, let alone the game.

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

I'm ok with falspawn, it gives no doubt of what they are if you are minimally into this series, of course we had no doubt with seed or darker (or d-arker), but now we have a less stupid sounding name.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    I'm surprised no one made a thread yet.
    But there was one

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    I'm ok with falspawn, it gives no doubt of what they are if you are minimally into this series, of course we had no doubt with seed or darker (or d-arker), but now we have a less stupid sounding name.
    Yeah but it does make me worried about the official English launch if they already change stuff like
    Darker -> Falspawn
    Infection -> F Factor
    Code D -> Code F
    Naberius -> Naverius
    Sheena -> Seana

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    I'm ok with falspawn, it gives no doubt of what they are if you are minimally into this series, of course we had no doubt with seed or darker (or d-arker), but now we have a less stupid sounding name.:
    I wouldn't really mind the name if it wasn't for the characters clearly saying Darker, what's next? Evil Falz [Owl]?

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Darker -> Falspawn
    Infection -> F Factor
    Code D -> Code F
    Naberius -> Naverius
    Sheena -> Seana
    Those make sense if they decide to make "Falz" the base word instead of "Dark". And the others... it's phonetically the same in many languages?? Oracle has a lot of different names of different origins, romanization of japanese engrish is never the best option (outside of fanmade translations).

Shina/Sheena specifically, if you know your hiragana you will know japanese don't have "SI" but instead only have "SHI" (same as HU -> FU and others), so just because they pronounce the name they gave her wrong doesn't mean a localisation shouldn't correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBlob View Post
    I wouldn't really mind the name if it wasn't for the characters clearly saying Darker, what's next? Evil Falz [Owl]?
    Maybe they are actually saying Dakar or imagine watching this with a dub.