Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3239404142434445 ... LastLast

The OG Stars Wars references keep piling up. If they do the bad ending route, we'll even get a Revenge of the Sith ending reference too.

Luther being Ash's "father" (but not his, daddy) would also mean that Shiva's his aunt. As if EP6 wasn't giving me enough Thor Ragnarok vibes as it is.

I realized that while Ash was "preoccupied" to hear Matoi say she loves him, Afin and Io were within hearing range.

Its good to see Ash actually defeat a Dark Falz and in its Falz form no less.

This episode was quite good! My positive points:
    - They actually made [Double] scarier than they're annoying;
    - Side characters actually being useful;
    - Matoi's character growth;
    - FINALLY some backstory;
    - Nice plot twist. Wonder how the game will deal with that.
    - They've given time for information to land, instead of the rushed mess we've seen in the past episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    [...]

Luther being Ash's "father" (but not his, daddy) would also mean that Shiva's his aunt. As if EP6 wasn't giving me enough Thor Ragnarok vibes as it is.

[...]
    IIRC, it would be more that Shiva is Ash's big sister. Remember, Harriet was/is Luther's [S]The Fallen[/S] first creation.

I also think that the anime will get the bad end, like we did when we finished that chapter the first time. I find that... unusual, but I don't really mind it.

Having Quna use her celebrity status to rally ARKS into a non-lethal solution is a big improvement over Quna's non-existent relevance in the game's final battle. Even Afin has more agency in this though I shouldn't be surprised by that any more as the anime promotes him as part of the main three protagonists.

Risa displaying empathy and fondness for her fellow ARKS makes her a lot more likeable here than in the game where she's still kind of a dick to everyone but Fourier.

Also liked that for Risa's other blue colored personality, they used Harriet's VA.

The animation in this episode was just garbage. I got Berserk PTSD from seeing the part where Pati and Tia make their first appearance in the episode where they were clearly just stills moved up and down slightly. Not to mention the underwhelming battle between Ash and Persona.

That fight was extremely underwhelming. I would have thought out of everything Ash would have to struggle with Persona before getting through to him, but he was barely trying. Also I guess this premise seems to be an ok alternative compared to the Braided Ash Formation they could have learned on Harukotan. It feels like that power of friendship/love saves the world trope from PSU again. lol
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

I'm surprised that they used Risa as Harrietbut it's not like this anime will cover the rest of the episodes so I think its fine.

The fight between Ash and Persona could have been longer and an opportunity to put in Persona flashbacks to EP3's bad ending in between the fight, kinda like Gintama's Gintoki vs Takasugi battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Touka View Post
    I'm surprised that they used Risa as Harrietbut it's not like this anime will cover the rest of the episodes so I think its fine.
    Stratos had a cameo so its not a surprise.

So it's been more or less sucking lately huh?
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

Stratos had a cameo so its not a surprise.
    Yeah that's true but she was connected with the ship incident that happened all those years ago so it makes sense.For Harrietto be in there they'd have to do the whole of Omega for it to make sense.

They dropped "blue Risa" back in episode 3 as well, and left us with a "wtf Lisa" for years, so I don't see a contradiction there.

Having Quna use her celebrity status to rally ARKS into a non-lethal solution is a big improvement over Quna's non-existent relevance in the game's final battle.
    Yeah IF ONLY she did a concert before every attack to rally all ARKS and boost their luck, hmmmmmm