Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

I don't think anybody really forgot that. In fact a large reason of why the Anime and EP4's first third are so poor is how tonally different they are from what came before.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    I don't think anybody really forgot that. In fact a large reason of why the Anime and EP4's first third are so poor is how tonally different they are from what came before.
    well something similar happen with phantasy star 3 which was seen as the black sheep of the original saga back in early 90s because of the medieval setting but at diference of EP4 or anything related.

the ending redeem that game by it self .

IMO EP4 should be consider as the black sheep of the series from now on

No, EP5 will be the black sheep, as well as the redeemed sheep altogether. It is the only episode where the developers did 180 degree turn exactly because of massive player outrage, and went against their own design plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    No, EP5 will be the black sheep, as well as the redeemed sheep altogether. It is the only episode where the developers did 180 degree turn exactly because of massive player outrage, and went against their own design plan.
    nah at least in EP5 changes, they define an objective(IMO started with a diferent one ) , IMO EP4 never had an objective, for me was the laziest one i ever saw, im still wonder what they wanted to acomplish in that season ?

hell if the demons debuted in EP4 instead of the phantoms , i wouldnt complain , after all i was expecting a downgrade in artistic occurrence after seeing PD and anga fungarde
    Last edited by silo1991; Oct 10, 2019 at 03:31 PM.

About the names... Just a quick reminder for you guys:

Spoiler!

So, yeah, Melfonseana is actually accurate.

The same way its Gettemhult, Risa, Patty, Tiea, Klariskrays, Sarah and many, many other names which there is an official romanization of the katakana yet people from the english patch apparently ignore and mess up for no reason.

Falspawn is awful and even contradicts the lore, as well as there is no reason to change Naberius' name, but they actually got the names right on the subs so let's be fair with that.

Edit: You can also check the names in the anime official website, typed in PSO2 font in the top-left corner of every character box... if you don't want to bother actually checking the credits for each episode, that is.

https://pso2.jp/anime_eporacle/character/09/
    Last edited by Krystalwitch; Oct 10, 2019 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystalwitch View Post
    its curious how Lisa and Klaris Klaes ages are classified XD , not surprise with Xion and Luther

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    nah at least in EP5 changes, they define an objective(IMO started with a diferent one ) , IMO EP4 never had an objective, for me was the laziest one i ever saw, im still wonder what they wanted to acomplish in that season ?

hell if the demons debuted in EP4 instead of the phantoms , i wouldnt complain , after all i was expecting a downgrade in artistic occurrence after seeing PD and anga fungarde
    I think Mits is referring to gameplay not the story.

About the names... Just a quick reminder for you guys:

Spoiler!

So, yeah, Melfonseana is actually accurate.

The same way its Gettemhult, Risa, Patty, Tiea, Klariskrays, Sarah and many, many other names which there is an official romanization of the katakana yet people from the english patch apparently ignore and mess up for no reason.

Falspawn is awful and even contradicts the lore, as well as there is no reason to change Naberius' name, but they actually got the names right on the subs so let's be fair with that.

Edit: You can also check the names in the anime official website, typed in PSO2 font in the top-left corner of every character box... if you don't want to bother actually checking the credits for each episode, that is.

https://pso2.jp/anime_eporacle/character/09/
    Not to say you are wrong but this also doesn't mean that sega of japan didn't just miss translate the names them selves.

Falspawn is awful and even contradicts the lore
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    its curious how Lisa and Klaris Klaes ages are classified XD , not surprise with Xion and Luther
    If you're actually curious, it's because Klaris is a clone, which means she's at most 10 years old, probably younger and that would stand out, especially since she's meant to look about Sarah's age. Lisa is actually the first Cast ever so she's possibly older than Maria and Regius.

Quote Originally Posted by EspeonageTieler View Post
    Not to say you are wrong but this also doesn't mean that sega of japan didn't just miss translate the names them selves.
    I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them are google translated actually. Google translate has a REALLY easy time phonetically transcribing Katakana, but it isn't always accurate to how the word that's meant to be transcribed. The thing that made me think this is Sarah's name having an H in it. It's a relatively common spelling for that name, but not how you usually transcribe those kana, so it's the kind of thing google translate would do for a common word, but for words and names that aren't normally rendered in Katakana, it just opproximates the phonetics.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Oct 11, 2019 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    If you're actually curious, it's because Klaris is a clone, which means she's at most 10 years old, probably younger and that would stand out, especially since she's meant to look about Sarah's age. Lisa is actually the first Cast ever so she's possibly older than Maria and Regius.
    This reminds me of Rika in Phantasy Star IV, who had her age explicitly stated to be 1, as in born this year (or the previous?) while looking as a full grown adult.

Also, how do we know that when it says "73 year old", it's the same 73 years as in real life Earth timekeeping? Common videogame ease-of-use convention?