Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    give us some anime-original characters, build up their personality and bond to Ash over a few episodes, then kill a few of them at key moments just when we feel they are safe.
    I was hoping for something like this, since he was the player character, then make him chill out and do some missions with other comrades, it's not like we are always soloing with Afin as a partner, right? right???.... but then they killed Sue, Rupika and Toaster in chapter one...

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    I was hoping for something like this, since he was the player character, then make him chill out and do some missions with other comrades, it's not like we are always soloing with Afin as a partner, right? right???.... but then they killed Sue, Rupika and Toaster in chapter one...
    Rupika suddenly dissapear in the campship , a friend notice that its like the team forgot to draw her later on that episode XD

The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    Rupika suddenly dissapear in the campship , a friend notice that its like the team forgot to draw her later on that episode XD
    Actually if I remember right she wasn't in the Camp Ship to begin with, only among the people listening to the speech.Guess she was part of another team.

She was provably on the blind spot on the rest of the scenes, most of them during the travel are either seen just before landing or after that, but none of the shots show the full squad.

I think the very first birds eye view in the ship showed everyone on the ship. At least it matched with the ones on the ground later. I rewatch later once I'm home to be sure but I noticed right away several people we saw at the speech weren't among them (There where a lot more). Now that I think about it they didn't have a single Tech user with them at all.

:EDIT: Watched it again and it seems you're right. That Scene where they watched Regius Speak was already on the Ship if you look closely and except for her and maybe 1-2 others the rest appeared again in the next scene. Maybe she got cold feet and didn't input her data after all.
    On a side note they let Cast stand instead of sitting with everyone else, talk about rude :-/ It's not as if there weren't free seats.
    Last edited by Shear; Oct 16, 2019 at 04:05 PM.

Well i watched EP 2 and i was wondering...

When does Ash kicks Gettemhult's ass?
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

Kalidoscope Walker Nicktendonick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    Well i watched EP 2 and i was wondering...

When does Ash kicks Gettemhult's ass?
    Since we don't really need the short boss fight, Dia can just activate the rod and free Elder...so most likely no. Though, I'll admit, might be fun to See Getty's "I am a Genius! Oh No!" moment. Honestly, if he was seeking power, or thought he could absorb him and overpower him would sound less stupid "Come possess me! I'll make you my bitch Elder!" Or well, making him actually try to fight or do something to Elder or something instead of just well going from Genius to Oh no instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Mind, I do like they they are showing the weight of the danger, but I'm specifically talking about the kind of death where they introduce a character and kill them in the same episode. To me, doing this lessens the gravity of it as it basically becomes telegraphed that anyone introduced in an episode is going to be killed off if they aren't in the OP or ED; give us some anime-original characters, build up their personality and bond to Ash over a few episodes, then kill a few of them at key moments just when we feel they are safe.
    Yeeeeeeep. I think they took a few lessons from Goblin Slayer, and knew "we have to have a few shocking things to hook people". Granted, I wouldn't mind if they took a darker tone, but I really hope they don't pull off a Walking Dead where everyone not the main characters will die.

Quote Originally Posted by DrCatco View Post
    Not happening soon. RIP Kohana-san, we hardly knew you.

The way the story is presented is radically different from the game's story. It's not a bad thing: after all, it's been 6 years since this story was presented.

Also, now I want nights in the Naberius Forest.

EDIT: I like how they are expanding the lore: every ARKS member is able to absorb darker particles, Matoi and MC being the ones with the maximum storage capacity without being visibly affected.
    I want nights too. You could make that the harder version of the forest, or a rare event that "you wind up at night, things will go badly" Like how you have a chance to wind up in the Darker Den during TAs.

I always did think that, that all ARKs did suck up some darker particles, like everything else that kills darkers. Just for us our photonic weapons destroy the D-factor cells so our absorption is minimal, while others get all the D-factor they kill, leading to messy deaths.

Honestly, the one thing I think that whole thing needed was Getty and Lisa telling her that she needs to be purified, or "You gotta stop skipping purification". That she made the mistake of not getting purified of D-factor (which I'd assume, the Oracle-ites know how to deal with), and she got too corrupted. Also, when she snapped they should have shown an infection core somewhere starting to grow on her...

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    I think we can all agree that "Photoner" is aggressively awkward no matter how you look at it
    How? Sounds okay to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    People tend to forget how Episode 1 depicted ARKS and its universe too. The story was much darker, acually tackling the problem of casualties, people disappearing because they knew too much about ARKS' dirty secrets and so on. Theodore Liza and Gettemhart all embodied a darker side that the game progressively set on the side. So really having actual violence depicted in the anime to show that this isn't a world full of roses is the best way to go about it. They can't adapt every optional dialogue and whatever to make you progressively understand that through hints because yeah medium differences, so it's better to shove that fact in the audience's face from the get-go.
    Very true...but honestly, things like the Patty and Tea encounter and then finding a mutilated corpse feels a bit jarring. Or maybe I kinda look at some of the story and everyone feels so milk-toast and plain. We're only two episodes in, so hopefully these characters instead get fleshed out and feel more like characters then just boring tropes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurorra View Post
    Not just the dagans, the Rockbear Gettemhart was sitting on was easily 2-3 times too big, the infected Oodan was the size a Rockbear should be. The El Ahda was probably the closest to being in scale but even that one was a bit too large.
    To me, it seems like the one criticism I have about PSO2, they have no sense of scale. "We lost 40% of our military force from a single engagement with the photoner fleet, that's totally something we'll never bring up or freak out about again". So in that sense, the anime is living up to the spirit of the game? I'm chill with it, not a big deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LinkEP View Post
    Muse Asia's translation seems faithful to the original, just gotta leave it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmqo3XB66Eo
    Thanks for that link...but I can't view it in my area.

Is there a legal way to get around and see this version of the translation? I keep hearing Darker and D-factor and it keeps irking me, like a man with OCD noticing a slight stain on his shirt. Sure you can live without it, but it's a constant itch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicktendonick View Post
    Thanks for that link...but I can't view it in my area.

Is there a legal way to get around and see this version of the translation? I keep hearing Darker and D-factor and it keeps irking me, like a man with OCD noticing a slight stain on his shirt. Sure you can live without it, but it's a constant itch.
    Have you tried VPN and connect to any Southeast Asian server?
    If you are referring to the species, "Darker" was correct. D-Factor is a dark virus (or dark photon) in PSO1.

Edit:
    To be more specific, Darker Factor is the PSO2 term for D-Factor (PSO1), and I think they both have the same definition.
    Last edited by LinkEP; Oct 21, 2019 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Additional Info & Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicktendonick View Post
    Since we don't really need the short boss fight, Dia can just activate the rod and free Elder...so most likely no. Though, I'll admit, might be fun to See Getty's "I am a Genius! Oh No!" moment. Honestly, if he was seeking power, or thought he could absorb him and overpower him would sound less stupid "Come possess me! I'll make you my bitch Elder!" Or well, making him actually try to fight or do something to Elder or something instead of just well going from Genius to Oh no instantly.
    Technically your last bit was his plan. he wanted to fight Elder like the Ax Crazy Idiot he is (I think to prove himself he is now strong enough) ... and Elder simply said Lolno YOINK and then Getty was Elder
    Last edited by Shear; Oct 21, 2019 at 02:56 AM.

I like the horror factor they did on Elder, really broke the roof of what the game did lol.
    test