Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

And now enemies are back to their normal size

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Why is everyone so butthurt about this? There's obviously a reason for it, and the other terms were obviously changed to accommodate that. Using "darker" as the name for them just sounds bad in dialogue english, it always has.

If you don't like the subs matching the words the characters are saying that's one thing, but don't act like this was arbitrary, or even confusing. I have yet to see anyone be confused by it, and it's certainly less arbitrary than some of the changes to jojo stand names that were just words that couldn't be traced to a musical reference unless you knew already.
    Just as I said, the pointlessness and the added confusion is why we complain. It's not terribad like Neptunia games with their rewrite "translations" that get things wrong all the time, change characters' personalities and add a ton of cringy made up dialog ontop of the real dialog but people still spent time and effort on coming up with Falspawn and decided to use it despite all the issues it causes.
    Anything with dark in it would have been fine, Darkspawn, Dark Ones, anything but instead they went with something that made no sense and just looks stupid and is confusing.
    Why?
    TBH feels like translators of Japanese anime and games often try to leave their own mark, thinking themselves special and awesome by distorting the original story (which is what people actually want to experience) and instead adding as much of their own crap as possible, getting delusional about how people like it cause of the awesome translator and not cause the original story is good.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    TBH feels like translators of Japanese anime and games often try to leave their own mark, thinking themselves special and awesome by distorting the original story (which is what people actually want to experience) and instead adding as much of their own crap as possible, getting delusional about how people like it cause of the awesome translator and not cause the original story is good.
    You're really overblowing this...

I'm starting to realize that my problem is with people's reaction, not whether or not Falspawn is actually a good name or not. This is just a change to a proper noun that sounded bad in english into something that sounds better in english. Nothing about the plot changed by this, it doesn't inherently contradict anything, and it's not a legacy term like tech or class names. People are just upset that they hear one thing and read another thing. Darkspawn would have been fine too.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Oct 21, 2019 at 02:24 PM.

I'm starting to realize that my problem is with people's reaction, not whether or not Falspawn is actually a good name or not. This is just a change to a proper noun that sounded bad in english into something that sounds better in english. Nothing about the plot changed by this, it doesn't inherently contradict anything, and it's not a legacy term like tech or class names. People are just upset that they hear one thing and read another thing. Darkspawn would have been fine too.

Dragon Age Crossover Confirmed lol.
    Last edited by StreetFighter2242; Oct 21, 2019 at 02:56 PM.
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

i dont get the bitching about the names either, the translator might've gotten a glossary defining the official-to-be nomenclature from the upcoming west localisation, just clog your ears so you don't hear it
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

https://twitter.com/OddGuyHere/statu...44784287240198 It's not the 1rst time Funimation pulls this crap by changing or adding trash that was not there. I'm sorry but I can't trust this translation because at any time they can insert BS on it and even change the context on scenes. Lucky that there's some subs of episode 1 and 2 of the anime floating around where fans had somewhat fixed them but they're 720p only.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    https://twitter.com/OddGuyHere/statu...44784287240198 It's not the 1rst time Funimation pulls this crap by changing or adding trash that was not there. I'm sorry but I can't trust this translation because at any time they can insert BS on it and even change the context on scenes. Lucky that there's some subs of episode 1 and 2 of the anime floating around where fans had somewhat fixed them but they're 720p only.
    That's not the same kind of situation at all though. Besides, I'm talking specifically about the changes to terminology, not how faithful the translation of intent is. I agree with Jooozek, it's probably because of localization changes being made for the NA release, not anything on Funimation's side.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Oct 21, 2019 at 06:20 PM.

So, what about all the Afin fanservice?

And I wonder if all that new lore was stated in message capsules or merchandise or what, but it really fits with everything we saw in game (the ruins being cloaked from view). also how they just needed Ash to walk into the snow just to notice it was unnatural, they made Rogio act unnecessary just like that xD

That scene at the monument reminded me of Dark Falz in PSO.I really like how much darker the anime is.