Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast

That portrayal of Gettemhart falling to madness was the most legit bit so far. Wish there was more than flashback snippets though.

Episode 9 preview, Quna and Hadred:
    https://pso2.jp/anime_eporacle/story/09/
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    That portrayal of Gettemhart falling to madness was the most legit bit so far. Wish there was more than flashback snippets though.
    well in the game Melrondia was more like a bitch , because she was jealous of the relationship Melphonshina had with Gettemhart and in the day she died instead of been sad for her loss she was happy to finally have Gettemhart for herself and usurp her sister identity and feed Gettemhart madness

Can we talk about how well animated this episode was compared to the others? The other ones looked a little rough

Poor Melondria

The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    well in the game Melrondia was more like a bitch , because she was jealous of the relationship Melphonshina had with Gettemhart and in the day she died instead of been sad for her loss she was happy to finally have Gettemhart for herself and usurp her sister identity and feed Gettemhart madness
    That's partly right, she did had that thought but actually was so horrified by it when she actually died and ... well felt like that it resulted in her pretty much becoming Gettemhardts doormat. She actually sincerely believed that what he became is all her fault and felt extremely guilty about it.

Actually in the game Melrandia let her sister die instead of trying to save her and there was at least a good chance Melphonseana would have survived if Melrandia would have acted but instead she let her sister die out of jealousy.
    In the anime it's a generic and annoying plot where it was completely out of her control and she still feels crushing guilt but originally it was undeniably her fault that her sister died and this extreme guilt actually makes sense.
    That's the entire reason this side plot was decent in the game and wasn't generic bland bs like it's in the anime.
    Also in the game it makes Gettemhult's treatment of Melrandia less pathetic and jerkfaced because he has an actual reason to punish her and she has an actual reason to desire his punishment, in the anime he is just purely the bad guy in every aspect, making him and Melrandia far less interesting characters.

I feel that some of you guys have never met an 8-year-old with a crush and don't understand survivor's guilt.
    I just went back through the Darker Nest chapter, and I'm not seeing where you are getting that it is "undeniably her fault;" from what I can see, her guilt is pretty much what one would expect from someone who experienced the trauma of losing someone as a child. The clones are not speaking the truth, rather they are parroting the dark thoughts Dia has about those events. Her guilt stems from thinking that her going out into the attack is what lead to her sister's death and that Shiina dying is her "reward" for her jealousy (a case of "be careful what you wish for"). While there is the possibility that Shiina might have survived had Dia stayed behind like she was told (though Ep0 seems to show that Shiina dying is something that would happen regardless), Dia didn't just let Shiina die, rather there really was nothing she could do, after all, what could you expect an 8-year-old to do against a Dark Falz.
    The only difference between the game and the anime in this regard is that Dia opened up to Ash directly about all of this rather than having those wounds pried at by the clones which forced her to open up to the MC.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    I feel that some of you guys have never met an 8-year-old with a crush and don't understand survivor's guilt.
    I just went back through the Darker Nest chapter, and I'm not seeing where you are getting that it is "undeniably her fault;" from what I can see, her guilt is pretty much what one would expect from someone who experienced the trauma of losing someone as a child. The clones are not speaking the truth, rather they are parroting the dark thoughts Dia has about those events. Her guilt stems from thinking that her going out into the attack is what lead to her sister's death and that Shiina dying is her "reward" for her jealousy (a case of "be careful what you wish for"). While there is the possibility that Shiina might have survived had Dia stayed behind like she was told (though Ep0 seems to show that Shiina dying is something that would happen regardless), Dia didn't just let Shiina die, rather there really was nothing she could do, after all, what could you expect an 8-year-old to do against a Dark Falz.
    The only difference between the game and the anime in this regard is that Dia opened up to Ash directly about all of this rather than having those wounds pried at by the clones which forced her to open up to the MC.
    well from game persepective i didnt notice the survivor guilt , all i understood was , when Shina died , Dia instead of being sad of her loss she was happy and she didnt realize how bad was that situation until she lost Gettemhart

and because i never found EP0 translated anywhere i dont have the extra info you have

Okay so the way the anime is changing Quna's story is interesting.
    I'm curious to see how that'll turn out