Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 212829303132333441 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shear View Post
    Actually ... it do seems that easy, Remember Melphonsina's earlier freakout where she went and just stole a Campship followed by Ash doing the same? They just went in and pushed buttons.

As for the Episode I kinda like that they actually addressed why they didn't save more people, they did but it majorly fucked up things so they had to reduce it Xiao could have been a little nicer about it though.
    Its funny because she wasn't even armed that time and there was a guard there but she slipped past him so easily to the ship. Hijacking campships here is as easy as a Grand Theft Auto game.

I don't think Xiao was being harsh, to be honest. Ash was pressing the issue pretty hard so Xiao had to lay down the truth to get him to understand.

And that kind of confirms Ash has been travelling in time again and again as in the game, but he does not remember.

xion has to reset his memory before he turn into persona

The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

Or it might be that, thanks to Xiao knowing what his Future Self does, he now stopped Ash before they went through all that. Him turning into Persona has nothing to do with it I think since at that point they are unaware that Ash and Persona are the same Person. It is noteworthy though that according to the game Persona tried exactly that, going through countless alternative Timelines in hopes of preventing Matoi turning into the Profound Darkness only to fail and fail again until he simply gave up and picked the only solution he believed that would save her the pain. He did what one Ash tried with all the People that died before Xiao put a stop to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shear View Post
    Or it might be that, thanks to Xiao knowing what his Future Self does, he now stopped Ash before they went through all that. Him turning into Persona has nothing to do with it I think since at that point they are unaware that Ash and Persona are the same Person. It is noteworthy though that according to the game Persona tried exactly that, going through countless alternative Timelines in hopes of preventing Matoi turning into the Profound Darkness only to fail and fail again until he simply gave up and picked the only solution he believed that would save her the pain. He did what one Ash tried with all the People that died before Xiao put a stop to that.
    Poor Ash, doomed to be a second-class Homura... and Matoi isn't even his Madoka...

Also, nice touch using the Seabed music in this episode. I've always liked that background music.

There's a foreshadowing in the subtitle that the EN server will use Unfathomable Darkness instead of Profound Darkness....lets hope thats not the case , unfathomable is mouthful word to say compared to Profound
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    There's a foreshadowing in the subtitle that the EN server will use Unfathomable Darkness instead of Profound Darkness....lets hope thats not the case , unfathomable is mouthful word to say compared to Profound
    It would be weird since it's not like the profound darkness isn't an old Phantasy Star thing. I guess it hasn't really shown up in an english phantasy star game since Phantasy Star 4 though. I agree that Unfathomable Darkness is harder to say. It's cool as a title for the music on the OST, but actually saying it is awkward, and the meaning is effectively the same.
    For what it's worth, they never actually say "profound darkness", it's one of the few names that's both in kanji and also read as japanese words. Profound is just an easier word to say than Unfathomable, and what was used in older phantasy star games, but they're both relatively accurate translations.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Dec 30, 2019 at 10:41 AM.

they try to match with anime mouth i guess Shinen naru Yami is also mouthful

Falz was Force before PSO in the west, so currently Profound stays in the same boat as Force, except it was only in one game.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Falz was Force before PSO in the west, so currently Profound stays in the same boat as Force, except it was only in one game.
    Falz was written in Kana and transcribed (also, it wasn't even consistent between sequential games until PSO1). The Profound Darkness' name is written AND read as Kanji, so I don't think it's the same thing at all. Both translations would be accurate enough, Profound is just easier to say. Technically it could be called the "deep darkness" too, but that sounds kinda plain.