Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

I did not expect that shit to happen to fem newman, not at the level it was shown.
    I am losing my shit, this has completely blown my expectations out of the water and i am 210% invested.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Those make sense if they decide to make "Falz" the base word instead of "Dark".
    Yes and one of the bigger reasons why people hate "localized" subs. Characters literally say Darkers & Code D not Falspawn & Code F. It's jarring seeing how disconnected the subs are from what the characters are saying. If it doesn't bother you, great. It bothers me though.

And the others... it's phonetically the same in many languages?? Oracle has a lot of different names of different origins, romanization of japanese engrish is never the best option (outside of fanmade translations).
    Thats not the point tho. Oracle is a name the devs decided on. You don't need fan interpretation to know that.

Similarly many different names can be seen in ARKS-font (which is English) which automatically shuts down the interpretation debate (Same reason why Kuhna or Kuna is just wrong).

Shina/Sheena specifically, if you know your hiragana you will know japanese don't have "SI" but instead only have "SHI" (same as HU -> FU and others), so just because they pronounce the name they gave her wrong doesn't mean a localisation shouldn't correct it.
    Okay I double checked and you are right on that front but still them changing all Darker related terms just for the sake of it is dumb. The PSO2 OST CD also refers to Naberius as Naberius not Naverius.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    them changing all Darker related terms just for the sake of it is dumb. The PSO2 OST CD also refers to Naberius as Naberius not Naverius.
    They're not doing it for the sake of doing it though, they're doing it to be more consistant, while making the main term sound better when spoken in english.

Naberius is spelled wrong but it's kind of an obscure reference to a goetic demon anyway, so I don't blame anyone for getting it wrong. Granted, they very clearly say naBerius, but eh.

Preview images for episode 2, so next week they're gonna introduce Lisa, Patty and Tia, and based on the episode name (same name as in-game for the whole chapter 2), it'll probably include finding the broken Clarissa in the tundra.
    https://pso2.jp/anime_eporacle/story/02/
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Oh yeah im really glad they're skipping all of the super important characters like Aki, Light, Fourier etc. the Matterboard System. Makes the story more easily digestible and focused on the relevant bits.
    And judging by the Opening Matoi will actually join Ash on quests and has a new outfit (that is conspicuously is missing in current SG scratch).

Thats not the point tho. Oracle is a name the devs decided on. You don't need fan interpretation to know that.
    I wasn't talking about the "word" Oracle, I was talking about everything "in" Oracle, everything with a name, every person's name, every creature and planet they named, etc, They may have a lot of made up names but others are "taken", and just because they can't pronounce some germanic name and fansubs decide to keep it that way, doesn't mean the original name should not be used in an proper localisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    They're not doing it for the sake of doing it though, they're doing it to be more consistant, while making the main term sound better when spoken in english.

Naberius is spelled wrong but it's kind of an obscure reference to a goetic demon anyway, so I don't blame anyone for getting it wrong. Granted, they very clearly say naBerius, but eh.
    Maybe that's because Japanese does not distinguish between V and B phonetics. A lot of languages that use both letters don't distinguish them either, spanish being one of my languages, I know that SOME regions in Spain pronounce V with an F friction, but the language rules don't distinguish them, other than changing the meaning of the word if you use one or the other (ex: vaca/baca). The same could be said of Motabia / Motavia, even if at that time we didn't know the pronunciation, the japanese name would be with a BI because they don't have any other choice.

And judging by the Opening Matoi will actually join Ash on quests and has a new outfit (that is conspicuously is missing in current SG scratch).
    Seems like that outfit will be an item code reward from getting the first BD volume.
    https://pso2.jp/anime_eporacle/bddvdcd/02/
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Gosh that's gonna be a fun one with Ship 2's Economy.

I'm glad to see it's going to be 25 chapters.

Either the adaptation changed things or the Funimation sub is trash just like the whole company (I hate this anime oligopoly between them and Crunchy Roll)