Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast
    The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

Pretty much, I admit I don't really criticize them for it as I worked once on some official localisation work (not on a game) and learned the hard way that it's a bitch ... you pretty much have to overthink every line and if it might sound remotely awkward you can expect whole meetings about simple terms ... unless some executive walks in and decides that x sounds best no matter how much the rest of the room groans. I admit I don't miss that work. Paid like shit too.
    Though that job really helped appreciate what the PSO2 Fan Translation team does so theres a good side
    Last edited by Shear; Dec 16, 2019 at 06:24 PM.

Ep12 preview, not much is shown in the pictures, but based on the description it'll be about finding out more about Luther and Xion.
    https://pso2.jp/anime_eporacle/story/12/

So it'll be about ep2 chapter 3 (in the current chapters list), I guess it may include the time traveling to save Ulc.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

I know it was just an excuse to add a fourth playable race retroactively, but the fact that a different species joined Oracle a century ago and almost everything else stayed the same, then we see Sara and Xion being cautious not to leak too much info for fear of changes in the timeline/luther... and now I wonder if in the anime they repeated the Hadred experiment, nothing in the game indicates that was erased from history, unless their actual objective was a dragon/arks hybrid and not a darker one.

Actually I remember right that exactly was the Goal, a Dragon Arks Hybrid with the Power of a Dragon and the Darker Infection Resistance of an Arks. Haddred in a way was probably a perfect success as he was able to devour and absorb countless Darkers before it was too much. His infected remains gave way to an actual Darker/Arks Hybrid instead (In the Anime it was the Band) but that wouldn't stop the usual amoral scientist working for Void to still try for a Dragon/Arks Hybrid because it would still be useful.
    Then again PSo2 Time Travel was ... weird. You can easily be in multiple places at once yet the other stuff still happened so I'm probably overthinking it. Even poor Afin got confused by it when he realized something was off.

Ash should've gave Sara a high-five after leaving her hanging in episode 8, now that he knows why she tried to high-five him last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shear View Post
    Actually I remember right that exactly was the Goal, a Dragon Arks Hybrid with the Power of a Dragon and the Darker Infection Resistance of an Arks. Haddred in a way was probably a perfect success as he was able to devour and absorb countless Darkers before it was too much. His infected remains gave way to an actual Darker/Arks Hybrid instead (In the Anime it was the Band) but that wouldn't stop the usual amoral scientist working for Void to still try for a Dragon/Arks Hybrid because it would still be useful.
    Then again PSo2 Time Travel was ... weird. You can easily be in multiple places at once yet the other stuff still happened so I'm probably overthinking it. Even poor Afin got confused by it when he realized something was off.
    90% of PSO2's Time travel is re-doing events to get a different outcome but when you go back to present time those outcomes fuse into into a single timeline. It has to be the worst way of doing time travel plotlines and i think Sega kinda realized that mid EP2 where they began doing more normal time-travel. personally im glad that Duman's existence is the only remnant of that original Time travel shenanigans and they kept the only instances where time travel made sense.

I think that's also a part of the reason why we lose that power. In the end we could travel to times and places of our choice and that's ... simply beyond overpowered. I admit I don't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    90% of PSO2's Time travel is re-doing events to get a different outcome but when you go back to present time those outcomes fuse into into a single timeline.
    Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, there's a scene in Ep5 (or during the Omnibus, I'm not sure) where Alma mentions that despite changes done to the past, time ends up correcting itself, or something like that?
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Basically, I see it as Xion gave us the ability to time travel all willy-nilly since she had a greater perception of how the changes would ripple out, but when we deal with Xiao, his more limited view also translated to more controlled time travel.

If I remember correctly by now we can't Time Travel at all anymore. I believe the power disappeared after Persona became the profound Darkness. though I don't remember the exact reason.