Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Maybe that's because Japanese does not distinguish between V and B phonetics. A lot of languages that use both letters don't distinguish them either, spanish being one of my languages, I know that SOME regions in Spain pronounce V with an F friction, but the language rules don't distinguish them, other than changing the meaning of the word if you use one or the other (ex: vaca/baca). The same could be said of Motabia / Motavia, even if at that time we didn't know the pronunciation, the japanese name would be with a BI because they don't have any other choice.
    Oh, I know WHY the mistake happens, that doesn't mean it wasn't clearly meant to be based off Naberius the goetic demon.
    It's the same with Amdusia being named after Amdusias, and "vopar" is likely meant to be Vepar.

Also, while japanese script doesn't have characters to represent all the same phonemes as english, this doesn't mean japanese people are completely incapable of pronouncing english phonemes. They VERY clearly say Naberius.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    Either the adaptation changed things or the Funimation sub is trash just like the whole company (I hate this anime oligopoly between them and Crunchy Roll)
    I mean, the localization is fine to me, the only jarring part is knowing when they say certain things and the subs not matching up with that, but the actual changes themselves are fine in the context of making it more sensible in english.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Oct 8, 2019 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    Either the adaptation changed things or the Funimation sub is trash just like the whole company (I hate this anime oligopoly between them and Crunchy Roll)
    The adabtation didn't change any terms. You can still hear the voice actors using the terms we know from the game.
    Problem is we don't know if the changes to terms are mandated by Sega since the game is finally getting localized for real this time.

they should consider create a new face type already matoi really need that treament

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Also, while japanese script doesn't have characters to represent all the same phonemes as english, this doesn't mean japanese people are completely incapable of pronouncing english phonemes. They VERY clearly say Naberius.
    Some of them may know, some of them even try but I think most of them just read the kana on the text they are given to read, so in that case it will mostly sound BE if it's written in katakana.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Oh yeah im really glad they're skipping all of the super important characters like Aki, Light, Fourier etc. the Matterboard System. Makes the story more easily digestible and focused on the relevant bits.
    And judging by the Opening Matoi will actually join Ash on quests and has a new outfit (that is conspicuously is missing in current SG scratch).
    I'm really curious as to how Matoi is going to fight this early on considering she couldn't really use techs at that point in the game and she also needed a weapon that wasn't weak. Also isn't it kind of super irresponsible to send a her out with the rookies when they know someone is out here trying to kill her lol.

Also anyone know where one could order the first volume of the anime when its available? I'd love to get it and the in game items.
    Last edited by EspeonageTieler; Oct 8, 2019 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Seems like that outfit will be an item code reward from getting the first BD volume.
    https://pso2.jp/anime_eporacle/bddvdcd/02/
    I am absolutely ecstatic about Matoi's new costume being available in-game, even if the chances of getting it without buying the BD are low.

However...
    Spoiler!

Why did they create a new model and hairstyle for him when he's already had an established look for years, lol
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    I am absolutely ecstatic about Matoi's new costume being available in-game, even if the chances of getting it without buying the BD are low.

However...
    Spoiler!

Why did they create a new model and hairstyle for him when he's already had an established look for years, lol
    Because default Male Human Hunter design looks like ass.
    this redesign looks much more handsome but the differences are so tiny they might've as well just update the defaults

may be old ash take a persona role

I know it is still unlikely, but the fact that Matoi is going to have an active field role this early makes me hope that this is a failed [Persona] timeline.
    Also, with how they are portraying things, [Double]'s eating of people is probably going to be even more disturbing.

What makes you hope that? Oh never mind.
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12