Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

The only thing that really bothers me is the inconsistency...
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    What makes you hope that? Oh never mind.
    If you still haven't played the game itself, I can guess you are just being your usual you, but if you are genuinely curious as to why I hope so, here goes:
    It would be an interesting way to be able to have their own variation with unexpected twists of the story be canon to the game's story.
    The Episode 1-3 that we play does not feature Matoi going into the field until the end of Episode 2, so from that we know that this is not a straight adaptation of the story presented in the game. Taking into account the Episode 0 manga, we know that certain events will always happen in the timeline, but with slight variations (like Episode 0's degree of involvement and fate of Shinna). We also know that before the current timeline, the MC would fail to save Matoi from becoming the [Profound Darkness] in every timeline (and possibly in some kill her, if I recall) and inevitably fall into misery and become [Persona], who would then go back in time and try to change events. If this anime ends on a "bad end" where Matoi isn't saved and Ash becomes [Persona], then it could be one of the timelines that the game's [Persona] mentions, and thus still be completely canon without having to adhere religiously to the established story. (Plus it could be a cheeky "to see the good ending, PLAY THE GAME!" kinda thing.)
    Last edited by Anduril; Oct 8, 2019 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    I'm surprised no one made a thread yet.

This adaption is a lot FALSPAWN than I thought it would be and I like it, abetter presentation than that shit adaption(if you'd call that an adaption at all). they first made.
    There, fixed that for you.
    Hay guyz like, we can like, how about we just like, change the core terminology that a dozen other terms are based in throughout the story into something completely arbitrary so that everyone gets confused when the characters talk about one thing and the subs say something completely different. Sure no one can tell the difference between Code D and Code F, practically the same thing except one letter. Code T, there how about this, you didn't notice the difference, did you?
    The sheer idiocy and pointlessness of this is what gets me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Seems like that outfit will be an item code reward from getting the first BD volume.
    https://pso2.jp/anime_eporacle/bddvdcd/02/
    Rip.
    A usual Sega decided to make the shoes weird as all hell and sorta ruining the outfit. I mean just look at Harriet's SG outfit, she literally wears buckets on her feet and a number of other outfits aren't much better like Innocent what's it called from SQ scratch and the over half a foot high heels (20+cm) of sorts.
    Just looks so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Some of them may know, some of them even try but I think most of them just read the kana on the text they are given to read, so in that case it will mostly sound BE if it's written in katakana.
    Well most of the time it's just the creators / seiyuus being lazy. There is a very easy way to distinguish between b and v in Japanese for example but it is only very rarely used and likewise many Engrish terms in anime, manga and games are things that take literally seconds to google.
    Also the way some seiyuus butcher foreign pronunciations is just like lazy English dub VAs sometimes don't even bother checking the original translation of Japanese (or other) names and terms that are used in the dub and just go with a 100% English pronunciation, not even trying to do it right.
    I've heard English dubs nearly perfectly pronouncing Japanese names / words and I've heard seiyuu speaking English with a very light accent but it's rare as the vast majority focus most of the time on the regular dialog without giving much of a damn about any pronunciation of foreign words and names.

Quote Originally Posted by EspeonageTieler View Post
    I'm really curious as to how Matoi is going to fight this early on considering she couldn't really use techs at that point in the game and she also needed a weapon that wasn't weak. Also isn't it kind of super irresponsible to send a her out with the rookies when they know someone is out here trying to kill her lol.

Also anyone know where one could order the first volume of the anime when its available? I'd love to get it and the in game items.
    The story diverged from the game's the moment there was anyone but Ash and Afin in the camship.
    TBH that is important because a complete rehash of the game's story would be boring af.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    I know it is still unlikely, but the fact that Matoi is going to have an active field role this early makes me hope that this is a failed [Persona] timeline.
    Also, with how they are portraying things, [Double]'s eating of people is probably going to be even more disturbing.
    Wow, that would be really interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    I am absolutely ecstatic about Matoi's new costume being available in-game, even if the chances of getting it without buying the BD are low.

However...
    Spoiler!

Why did they create a new model and hairstyle for him when he's already had an established look for years, lol
    Because Layered Wear.
    And because slightly different hairstyles will still earn them interest. Like Gettemhart's Episode 0 Memory hair.
    Insert signature that details my numerous PSO2 characters and years of various PSO-related gaming experience here.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    There, fixed that for you.
    Hay guyz like, we can like, how about we just like, change the core terminology that a dozen other terms are based in throughout the story into something completely arbitrary so that everyone gets confused when the characters talk about one thing and the subs say something completely different. Sure no one can tell the difference between Code D and Code F, practically the same thing except one letter. Code T, there how about this, you didn't notice the difference, did you?
    The sheer idiocy and pointlessness of this is what gets me.
    Why is everyone so butthurt about this? There's obviously a reason for it, and the other terms were obviously changed to accommodate that. Using "darker" as the name for them just sounds bad in dialogue english, it always has.

If you don't like the subs matching the words the characters are saying that's one thing, but don't act like this was arbitrary, or even confusing. I have yet to see anyone be confused by it, and it's certainly less arbitrary than some of the changes to jojo stand names that were just words that couldn't be traced to a musical reference unless you knew already.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Oct 9, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

i finally saw the anime with my friends , and definily give me a very good impression , i definily will recommend it to my friends

if it end up having a second season adapting ep 4 to 6 , i hope Ep4 its take out of the equation and create an original story as a filler arc in plan of F... you EP4.

of course rescuing Mother , the Ether and the apostoles as suvivors of many alien races

A lot of the changes to the game story, I want to think it's because game production was more limited, for example, it looks more accurate to send a whole squad with an instructor than pair them and just give instructions with an operator, even if the planet was supposed secure (or not too dangerous, since natives can still be a hazard). Then there is the fact of adapting the story to a more interesting one, and repeating the first mission up to three times because time travel would have been awful, and just makes me think when will time travel be used for the first time, I doubt they will go back to save HUney, FOney and RAcast (I would lol).

No fuckin' way they leave the default crew dead. They're literally in all the game openings. I don't buy it for a second.

Time travel abuse is a-comin', methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    if it end up having a second season adapting ep 4 to 6 , i hope Ep4 its take out of the equation and create an original story as a filler arc in plan of F... you EP4.
    I don't think that will be the case. If I remember correctly, someone at SEGA mentioned that Phantasy Star online 2 The Animation is canon. Although it will be called Episode: Earth, and it will cover only Episode 4.

So, we will have Episode: Oracle (1 - 3) and Episode: Earth (4). What I don't remember is if we are going to have another Episode, which covers chapters 5 - 7.

Also, what seems interesting to me is that Ash (unlike us) has seen Xion before, right in the middle of the darker falspawn attack ten years ago.
    Last edited by DrCatco; Oct 9, 2019 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    No fuckin' way they leave the default crew dead. They're literally in all the game openings. I don't buy it for a second.

Time travel abuse is a-comin', methinks.

We didn't go back to save mr nice guy so...