Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

if anything dx11 or dx12 would be better than running dx9 still

> Win 7 support ends
    > Vita support remains
    :pepehands:

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    if anything dx11 or dx12 would be better than running dx9 still
    Not necessarily. DX11 would be a nice addition, but would only make sense if it came with significant quality improvements to the engine. DX12 is another story entirely, since there is no visual improvement, nor practical performance increase (the opposite is true actually). And I'd rather try the lottery if I expected them to pick up Vulkan.

What PSO2 really needs is 64-bit support, texture/model improvements, and overall optimizations. Not another super-contrasty color filter, and some slapped-on API that loses performance over lousy DX9-to-whatever ports.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

windows 8.1 is neat

win 7 is goat but its actively becoming more of a hassle to use and fuck win 10

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    windows 8.1 is neat

win 7 is goat but its actively becoming more of a hassle to use and fuck win 10
    Not sure what your problem is with Windows 10, but I'm running it smoothly without problems since 2015 when it released on a almost 10 year old machine.
    I can't really say I understand everyone's problems with Windows 10.

Pretty sure PSO2 will run just fine on Windows 7 even after Sega drops their so-called support. They just probably don't care to fix issues for it anymore
    (if it's issues only regarding Windows 7).

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

Windows 10 works great if you follow 1 general rule, NEVER install the newest build on top of the old one. If you want to new built, backup, format and install the newest ISO from scratch.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Windows 10 works great if you follow 1 general rule, NEVER install the newest build on top of the old one. If you want to new built, backup, format and install the newest ISO from scratch.
    That sounds incredibly obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    That sounds incredibly obnoxious.
    Depends on how many non-portable software (meaning that you need to reinstall them) you have. Since all of my games are on a 6TB WD Black drive and non of them have to be reinstalled, setting-up Windows from a USB Stick, doing the Windows updates and installing all of my all of my non-portable software takes me less than 2 hours for a perfect setup. Once a year is not so bad considering that you have perfectly well running machine for 12 months.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    Not sure what your problem is with Windows 10, but I'm running it smoothly without problems since 2015 when it released on a almost 10 year old machine.
    I can't really say I understand everyone's problems with Windows 10.

Pretty sure PSO2 will run just fine on Windows 7 even after Sega drops their so-called support. They just probably don't care to fix issues for it anymore
    (if it's issues only regarding Windows 7).
    There are tons of articles of updates fucking shit up on a regular basis on top of other security issues that crop up from time to time. It's not my cup of tea and I'll avoid issues with Win10 by not using it.

My main issue with Windows 10 is that all versions except the Edu and Enterprise will constantly nags you to update and it loves to collect data no matter how you manage the data collection settings. Practically Microsoft is taking my control away from the PC. Also we probably are using Windows 12 without knowing since now it install a whole build on top of the old one. I don't like services and subscriptions, I rather have self contained products instead.
    Last edited by LordKaiser; Oct 14, 2019 at 09:24 PM.