Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceBrightstar View Post
    I'm surprised no one mentioned how similar the last boss is to Epsilon
    It gets stun locked and dies so fast i only know 2 of its attacks
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

This quest honestly is a joke, 6 months for a single ta map. The real offender is the last area boss.
    Spoiler!

The quest is really easy, especially if you're already use to doing things like endless or just running stuff solo in general. Triggering all the alarms really isn't all that punishable, I went through to see what would happen if all got triggered and the last room just gets turrets, luminmech mobs, dral, and the spider prism boss. Even with all the hits I took on the full alarm final room, I was still pretty far away from losing S rank in terms of taking damage.

Although the quest is really easy, I feel the whole "sneak around don't trigger alarms" and "don't take damage" is a bit fun. I only intended to do 1-2 runs but, I ended up trying to see how minimal damage I could take in the quest, getting units with glare on them made a few runs profitable. Overall I think the quest is alright, It has decent rewards and if you get lucky and get one of those S6-S8 I feel that would make the run well worth it.

most of my issues with the quest are just lumimech problems in general (being super punishing to classes that can't easily hit weakpoint or airborne hitboxes). that being said, having heavily rng-gated, non-tradeable SSAs... sega really doesn't fucking learn

You are being warned: Casual Viewpoint incoming - Just did it for the first time. This quest has me pleasantly surprised.

Me like:
    - No lightning-fast reflexes required. Enemy damage is low enough to allow for many mistakes but at the cost of double time to recover.
    - Long enough to not be a 5min get-in-get-out affair, short enough to not require you to schedule a run ahead of time.
    - Maneuvering between the lasers! This is a very fun minigame.
    - The music is a great remix of the Armada theme, and the way it escalates the more you proceed is awesome.
    - Scalable HP that allows it to be soloable in a "reasonable" timeframe, but doesn't make it optimal in any way.
    - Death limit is too forgiving, so it's like it doesn't even exist. 1st run ended with 2 deaths (both from the noob me)
    - Ranking is not dependent on speedclear.

Me no like:
    - Static exactly like a Time Attack. I was hoping for randomized areas, or at least randomized spawns. The only random spawn is probably last boss of Area 2.
    - Lasers are also not very challenging once you learn them the first time.
    - Since they have scalable HP and all rewards are in the end (so no fear of missing out due to "go go go" mentality), why didn't they allow it to go up to 12man or at least 8man?
    - The part where we split. Too many interrupt/knockback effects that there is virtually 0% chance of managing even a single charged tech when non-Phantom.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    You are being warned: Casual Viewpoint incoming - Just did it for the first time. This quest has me pleasantly surprised.

Me no like:
    - Static exactly like a Time Attack. I was hoping for randomized areas, or at least randomized spawns. The only random spawn is probably last boss of Area 2.
    - Lasers are also not very challenging once you learn them the first time.
    - Since they have scalable HP and all rewards are in the end (so no fear of missing out due to "go go go" mentality), why didn't they allow it to go up to 12man or at least 8man?
    - The part where we split. Too many interrupt/knockback effects that there is virtually 0% chance of managing even a single charged tech when non-Phantom.
    -I had enough with mindless random generated guru-guru map spamming that Sega has been doing for two whole year straight, this quest is a breath of fresh air honestly.
    -Still doesnt stop people from triggering it. 2 lasers in the first area is mildly hard to dodge without using some movement PA/tech. Others are easy but again not paying attention while fighting mobs can get you accidentally trigger it, especially the final area.
    -I had enough with clusterfucks filling the entire map for 2 whole years straight and you want it to be 12man/8man? Less people makes me pay more attention and enjoy the surrounding rather than knowing other people carrying or stealing my kills(which doesnt really matter but still). We really need more quest like these, and they're going in the right direction with it.
    -Tech parry ring is your bestfriend
    Last edited by Meteor Weapon; Oct 20, 2019 at 10:48 AM.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    -I had enough with mindless random generated guru-guru map spamming that Sega has been doing for two whole year straight, this quest is a breath of fresh air honestly.
    But this isn't guruguru, unless the true experts somehow manage to speedrun it in 5mins as I say. My runs were between 15-20mins in a group of 3 experts and 1 non-expert (with me as the non-expert). The exact same group of us have been doing 7min runs of DF Persona triggers.

-Still doesnt stop people from triggering it. 2 lasers in the first area is mildly hard to dodge without using some movement PA/tech. Others are easy but again not paying attention while fighting mobs can get you accidentally trigger it, especially the final area.
    I haven't really noticed how more difficult the quest becomes with triggering the lasers. I mean, I have noticed the extra turrets spawning, but these simply "help" in slowing down the pace even more. The final boss even at Danger Level 3 died in less than 40seconds with 2 players only activating Dark Blast. It died in 25seconds at Danger level 1.

-I had enough with clusterfucks filling the entire map for 2 whole years straight and you want it to be 12man/8man? Less people makes me pay more attention and enjoy the surrounding rather than knowing other people carrying or stealing my kills(which doesnt really matter but still). We really need more quest like these, and they're going in the right direction with it.
    Please note, I didn't say that it should be 8man/12man as a requirement, just allow it to scale that high. When you have a "friend circle" of 6-8 people, you somehow want to all do the content together.

I have Defense Tech ring. Doesn't do shit.

Pretty sure Mits is talking about multiple routes like PSO quests, or multiple preset layouts like PSU quests, not entirely random, just multiple variations. I honestly wish more quests were like that, they seem to go too hard in one direction or the other, either entirely random or no variation at all.

It only works from the front, the things that hit you in the split area are usually the cannons blind siding you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    With a group of 5~12 people it wouldn't be a infiltration mission. It'd be a raid mission.
    But yeah I'd love if we had some variety but judging by the naming convention the variety will come from "Ship Infiltration: Large Enemy II" and "Ship Infiltration: Large Enemy III" and not by running the same quest and hoping its different this time. Making it randomized would also annoy people who wanna run this quest Time Attack style.

Aside from adding extra spawns when you hit the lasers, all it does when the security level increases is add some spawns in the boss room.

You can also go out of bounds and skip the entire first area to clear it in mere minutes... But you will only get a B rank.