Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by huck View Post
    I will say thank you for keeping the forum alive with your threads. Most pso2 convo these days are on discord which is very toxic place.

Hopefully I can team with you on NA version if you won't come to JP

I'm sorry to hear that about the PSO2 community In that case you're welcome....

Everyone here is right, Handicapping myself isn't going to help... So I'll join you on JP ASAP. if i can't, i'll have to go for NA.
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    It wasn't region locked, rather they used different routing to their servers that wasn't properly accessible by several ISPs outside of Japan, but there were still some that could connect even without a VPN/proxy; I was one of the lucky ones who had an ISP that could connect properly.
    yeah when we figured out what was happening, I talked to somebody I knew that knows more about network stuff than me and they were like "how does anybody even maintain a connection outside of the city block like this"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that about the PSO2 community In that case you're welcome....

Everyone here is right, Handicapping myself isn't going to help... So I'll join you on JP ASAP. if i can't, i'll have to go for NA.

I've been playing since 2017 and have Max lvl on every class. I could help you get started just send me a PM or contact me from the info on my sig.
    playerID: redPG
    PSN: redPGC
    XB1: redPG
    Ship 2,4,6

Different people consider different behaviours as toxic.
    Some people find it toxic when others throw insults. Others find it acceptable.
    Some people find it toxic when others perform at less than 95% of maximum theoretical performance. Others find it acceptable.
    Some people find it toxic when others spam autowords and/or cut-ins for absolutely everything. Others find it acceptable.
    Some people find it toxic when others sell stuff at high prices at the market. Others find it acceptable.
    Some people find it toxic when others do conversations in-game about stuff unrelated to the game. Others find it acceptable.
    Some people find it toxic when others do not group with them for any reason. Others find it acceptable.
    Some people find it toxic when others try to act as armchair developers. Others find it acceptable.

In the end, live and let live. People forget that it is too easy to ignore something if it goes against what they conceive as "correct" and "proper".

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    OP, do you get angry if you play ffxiv and see the party healer use DPS spells? Or while we're at it, do you think the tank and healer are the ones carrying the party and the DPS is just along for the ride and doesn't have to do any hard work? Serious questions.

Uhh... Not really.... I Think FF is is just FF... Been doing different things all the time... But in a way you're right... It's simply part of the fact that it's not exactly PSO and More like PSU (Portable 2) but on turbo mode. Sort of, Not that there's anything wrong with that Believe me, I was quite impressed with Portable 2 it's just that apparently the enemy in Pspo2 can give be far more of a threat ofc that was probably due to the mechanics ... PSO2? Well the Enemies could be better but it's better than nothing ....

Quote Originally Posted by Aranea View Post
    I can appreciate you showing an interest in PSO2 and other peoples opinions. That aside, I think you need to truly appreciate those words in your sig because your own morals/opinions/misconceptions on guidelines vs rules are in direct conflict with it.

There's only so much you can learn about PSO2 or anything really from second hand views or whatever. Just play the JP release for a few months then move over to the US version when released if you want to. Life is too short to be setting artificial boundaries and excuses over such trivial things as computer games.

If you cant play the game because you lack space, make space! If you cant make space, buy a new drive ($40 for 1TB SSD is not a bad price at all!) If you cant afford it, drop hints while its the holiday season and get a friend or family member to buy one for you. For every excuse you make, there is a logical solution so please stop kidding yourself.

To answer if PSO2 is more than DPS, I think PSO2 is whatever you make of it. The game itself is a glorified gacha/dress-up sim with RPG elements. Its entirely up to you how you play the game ultimately and whether you focus on being a self proclaimed MPV in an MPA or a handsome looking trap who's flamboyancy rings true throughout the fashion catalog.

Most enemies can be beaten regardless of your individual or collective DPS with the only thing getting in the way of that being the quest timer. DPS is subjectively perceived anyway. For someone who has played PSO2 for a long time, you will just know when DPS is lacking because facing a certain enemy will take longer than it might have done previously. For the most part, its really not a big deal when you reach true endgame.

I wish I could say more, but it really does help to just play the game and experience it first hand when faced with questions like this.

I know Ibh My problems kind of runs deeper than that ...and it's not with just PSO2... But that's for another time.
    Last edited by Dragwind; Dec 1, 2019 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Merged double post
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    Believe me, I was quite impressed with Portable 2 it's just that apparently the enemy in Pspo2 can give be far more of a threat ofc that was probably due to the mechanics ... PSO2? Well the Enemies could be better but it's better than nothing ....
    It depends, enemies at lower levels and especially older content mostly don't feel like a threat, but there are enemies (especially some of the newer ones) that can put up a fight in higher levels/end game content (though even those don't stand a chance against large groups of players).

Boss fights is where PSO2 shines though.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Pre-nerf Ultimate Naberius was a nightmare, a good kind of nightmare, where enemies are a lot more aggressive. I wish they'd bring back its pre-nerf state.

If you think PSPo2 has more threatening enemies then you've seen nothing in PSO2.

Last edited by Meteor Weapon; Nov 18, 2019 at 06:56 AM.
    test

PSO was basically a DPS race as well, with Double Cannon/BKB and Zalure 50(from a weapon capable of doing this). PSU was just Anga Jabraga and Shotgunners and before all of that it was Chiki- that slicer PA before it got nerfed hard, and even before that was the dagger PA, didn't even need Shifta either.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

I always found the Phanntasy Star series goal is to find best dps/dpp PA/PAcombo in many aspects such as playstyle, usefulness, easyness, safeness, e.t.c

And about heal/tank roles I dunno why but I always targeted by mobs more than others even I'm not dps just running by.
    I can easy tell now with this aggro marking and saw it much in this 4ppl UQ: 2/3 mobs always targeting me from the start.
    So I put more into HP affixes at start and ended with Rappy back fully packed with HP/PP with slightest atk, but I still targeted, hitted and eventually dying when my invincibility frames aren't working T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    I always found the Phantasy Star Series goal is to find best dps/dpp PA/PAcombo in many aspects such as playstyle, usefulness, easyness, safeness, e.t.c

And about heal/tank roles I dunno why but I always targeted by mobs more than others even I'm not dps just running by.
    I can easy tell now with this aggro marking and saw it much in this 4ppl UQ: 2/3 mobs always targeting me from the start.
    So I put more into HP affixes at start and ended with Rappy back fully packed with HP/PP with slightest atk, but I still targeted, hitted and eventually dying when my invincibility frames aren't working T_T

I see......You must have had it rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Pre-nerf Ultimate Naberius was a nightmare, a good kind of nightmare, where enemies are a lot more aggressive. I wish they'd bring back its pre-nerf state.

If you think PSPo2 has more threatening enemies then you've seen nothing in PSO2.

I see...... Didn't know they nerfed Ultimate
    Last edited by Dragwind; Dec 1, 2019 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Merged double post
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12