Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61
  1. #11

    Default

    Break international law? I mean, really?

  2. #12

    Default

    Yes really. I'm not going to brake the law just to play a few recent Phantasy Star games.
    Last edited by StreetFighter2242; Nov 13, 2019 at 07:33 PM.
    Hunter [Level 19] [Beta]

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    I rather not brake international law, if that's okay with you. I rather play it though less non illegal means instead of taking the easy way out and brake some rules only for it to come back to bite me in the ass later.
    The worst thing that could possibly happen is that your account gets banned. Violating the ToS for an online game by being a foreigner isn't violating "international law", that's some stretch.
    And considering the amount of shitters on ship02, you'd really have to do something spicy to stand out among all the flies.
    To not mention that SEGA most certainly is aware of the population on it too and opted to do nothing about it when they easily could, years ago. :v

    Doing yourself a disservice by being that paranoid, mate.
    シンフイ - Ship02 | Idola ID: 326,467,168

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Symphie View Post
    The worst thing that could possibly happen is that your account gets banned. Violating the ToS for an online game by being a foreigner isn't violating "international law", that's some stretch.
    And considering the amount of shitters on ship02, you'd really have to do something spicy to stand out among all the flies.
    To not mention that SEGA most certainly is aware of the population on it too and opted to do nothing about it when they easily could, years ago. :v

    Doing yourself a disservice by being that paranoid, mate.
    Iv'e been made it a personal policy to avoid titles in a franchise that hasn't been localized so idk about being paranoid.
    Hunter [Level 19] [Beta]

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    Iv'e been made it a personal policy to avoid titles in a franchise that hasn't been localized so idk about being paranoid.
    You're right, that's not called being paranoid. That's called being stubborn, which isn't any better.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    I rather not brake international law, if that's okay with you. I rather play it though less non illegal means instead of taking the easy way out and brake some rules only for it to come back to bite me in the ass later.
    oh right, i forgot you were the one who brought this up awhile back. Well all I can say is to let the paranoia and whatever personal morals you got get the best of you over playing a video game just because its not localized because with that mindset that would mean anyone whos ever imported a non localized game would be also breaking the law with how dumb that sounds its how it is by you for whatever reason thinking that people are going to go after you just because you played some Japanese MMO outside Japan.

    I dont know what to tell you besides setting aside these personal morals "i can do no wrong" stance you got by just playing a video game, there are way worse things that can get you in trouble besides playing some MMO that isnt localized.

    I won't respond to anymore of your posts if you're not willing to give the game a try just because its coming to the West in 2020, again, it makes zero difference whether you play now or then aside appealing to this moral stance you have on breaking da internashner law. Have a good one man
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX - the man stuck in 2014 View Post
    Kewl, I'm using double set still, since when crafted stat boosts can overcome any full 12* set.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    oh right, i forgot you were the one who brought this up awhile back. Well all I can say is to let the paranoia and whatever personal morals you got get the best of you over playing a video game just because its not localized because with that mindset that would mean anyone whos ever imported a non localized game would be also breaking the law with how dumb that sounds its how it is by you for whatever reason thinking that people are going to go after you just because you played some Japanese MMO outside Japan.

    I dont know what to tell you besides setting aside these personal morals "i can do no wrong" stance you got by just playing a video game, there are way worse things that can get you in trouble besides playing some MMO that isnt localized.

    I won't respond to anymore of your posts if you're not willing to give the game a try just because its coming to the West in 2020, again, it makes zero difference whether you play now or then aside appealing to this moral stance you have on breaking da internashner law. Have a good one man


    I'll be honest with you..... Even if i could be willing to break the rules.... I can't play anyway .......It's not Possible at the moment....That and the fact PSO2 is a rather big game...It's gonna take A really good hard drive to support it
    Last edited by StreetFighter2242; Nov 13, 2019 at 08:59 PM.
    Hunter [Level 19] [Beta]

  8. #18
    The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    hi
    Posts
    1,656

    Default

    https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16822236339 I just bought one of these a month or so ago and it's playing just fine

    been playing the entire 7 year run out of michigan here; no problems.

    the terms of service stuff is just legalese so they don't have to train their support staff in multiple languages. even just before they added that to the terms of service even the producer was impressed by how quickly an english patch had surfaced.

    also, back during that time we had to use cyberkitsune's proxy server tech to get around the weird IP address situation, cyberkitsune discovered that pso2 clients send enough data to the server that sega knows who the foreign users are, so if they really wanted to kick us off they would have done so years ago
    Last edited by Zorak000; Nov 13, 2019 at 09:15 PM.

  9. #19

    Default

    Can't be a dps game if it's a fashion game

  10. #20
    Garbage-chan Kondibon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In her garbage can.
    Posts
    9,605

    Default

    Misinformation about what constitutes as a law aside, there's nothing wrong with not wanting to play a game where it's against the ToS to play it, regardless of how much of a formality that is.

Similar Threads

  1. Issue with running PSO2 more than once
    By Hart in forum Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 5, 2012, 05:55 PM
  2. More than just fighting?
    By Korten12 in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: May 10, 2011, 11:29 AM
  3. Crimsion combo: more than just the saber?
    By Zorak000 in forum PSU General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Nov 5, 2007, 03:04 PM
  4. I do more than just flash sigs!
    By F-Gattaca in forum Fan Works
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Aug 26, 2007, 08:20 PM
  5. More than just soloing
    By Neoptolemus in forum PSU General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Feb 13, 2007, 04:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •