Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rokkuman View Post
    Let's actually discuss the thread, shall we?
    I do hope they add more social content.
    I really wish they do. I want challenge blocks to be a thing again since every starts by punching the enemies and dropping some stuff so others can also have some stuff. It needs a bit of teamwork and I like the concept of it but SEGA seems to totally forgot about the whole Challenge block

Then go and find 1~3 people who have some interest in CM. There's no point in doing it 12 man now because that's literally a 20 minute run of just mindlessly running through the maps while holding a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by KaizoKage View Post
    I really wish they do. I want challenge blocks to be a thing again since every starts by punching the enemies and dropping some stuff so others can also have some stuff. It needs a bit of teamwork and I like the concept of it but SEGA seems to totally forgot about the whole Challenge block
    Exactly. I loved the teamwork and people actually giving a shit about others in order to succeed (dropping healing items, making sure everyone knows the strategy through symbol arts, etc.). I hope they apply this concept again in future content and don't abandon it the second its loots become irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    There's no point in doing it 12 man now because that's literally a 20 minute run of just mindlessly running through the maps while holding a gun.
    Isn't that PSO2 in a nutshell, though? lol
    The point of CMs is the good amount of teamwork effort that is absent from the rest of the game. It's actually fun since you can't power creep your way through, making you depend on others.

Isn't that PSO2 in a nutshell, though? lol
    The point of CMs is the good amount of teamwork effort that is absent from the rest of the game. It's actually fun since you can't power creep your way through, making you depend on others.
    the issue is theres zero incentive to run CM right now, nothing in the shop is worth grinding for and its been YEARS since the last CMQ got added and given how YSOK likes to pick and choose what the player base wants, who knows if CM will even get updated by the time PSO3 is out
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

PSO2 is simply following the trend of online games in general: Massively Singleplayer Online mode, ie. the game is best experienced and most rewarding (on average) when you go your own way instead of trying to coordinate with other players, but content still requires many players to be online in the same area/quest for the reward to come. Sort of how vikings would raid villages back in the day... or millenium.

You want to promote teamwork? Implement challenges that are optimally overcome with coordination instead of gung-ho dpsing (like EC: Capture), but make it so that the reward for successful completion is massively better than if you complete the objective by just straight dpsing the enemy down. Implement switches that have to be activated at the same time. Change the new EC of having to kill 2 enemies so that the closer in time they die, the better the reward. Implement new types of PAs/Techs/Skills where the effect is maximized by having another player perform a specific action as a follow up to yours (for example plant a bomb of element <x> on an enemy, another player has to hit the enemy with element <y> to explode)

But as said, the reward for completing the challenges "properly" with coordination should be massively better, not just more exp, meseta or excubes. It needs to reward stuff like direct 13*s and 14*s weapons, weapons and units with 8slot abilities, Plamias, Emerards and Diards, Add Ability: <x> tickets, accessory tickets that can be found on Shirona, etc.

You don't say eh? That was a year ago. We've received more buffs since. That kind of logic only applies when you do CM with less than 6 people with 4 being the sweetspot.

if you want a team work challenge, try endless quest 1 or 2. those require a lot of teamwork to get very far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    the game is best experienced and most rewarding (on average) when you go your own way instead of trying to coordinate with other players, but content still requires many players to be online in the same area/quest for the reward to come. Sort of how vikings would raid villages back in the day... or millenium.
    That's... not how viking raids worked. Sorry, I could argue about how your suggestions aren't realistically happening or how challenging endgame content in other MMOs also requires significant "gung-ho dps" that you seem to dislike so much, but I just can't get over how historically inaccurate that comparison is.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    That's... not how viking raids worked. Sorry, I could argue about how your suggestions aren't realistically happening or how challenging endgame content in other MMOs also requires significant "gung-ho dps" that you seem to dislike so much, but I just can't get over how historically inaccurate that comparison is.
    I guess my Viking comparison was indeed uninformed; after all I went with the stereotype that Viking raids were unorganized and relied more upon brute force and speed instead of tactical approach and attrition wars.