Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    I'll be honest with you..... Even if i could be willing to break the rules.... I can't play anyway .......It's not Possible at the moment....That and the fact PSO2 is a rather big game...It's gonna take A really good hard drive to support it
    The West version will use equal or greater amount of hard drive space, because it will include localized audio and text. Even if there is no option for Japanese text and voiceover, English almost always takes up larger space when recorded in equal quality. I don't know if Microsoft's involvement in the game's distribution will add more to the size of the game (even if under 1GB). Last I checked the game is currently just a bit under 80GB for me.

fresh install is 70.5

I'll be honest with you..... Even if i could be willing to break the rules.... I can't play anyway .......It's not Possible at the moment....That and the fact PSO2 is a rather big game...It's gonna take A really good hard drive to support it
    I can appreciate you showing an interest in PSO2 and other peoples opinions. That aside, I think you need to truly appreciate those words in your sig because your own morals/opinions/misconceptions on guidelines vs rules are in direct conflict with it.

There's only so much you can learn about PSO2 or anything really from second hand views or whatever. Just play the JP release for a few months then move over to the US version when released if you want to. Life is too short to be setting artificial boundaries and excuses over such trivial things as computer games.

If you cant play the game because you lack space, make space! If you cant make space, buy a new drive ($40 for 1TB SSD is not a bad price at all!) If you cant afford it, drop hints while its the holiday season and get a friend or family member to buy one for you. For every excuse you make, there is a logical solution so please stop kidding yourself.

To answer if PSO2 is more than DPS, I think PSO2 is whatever you make of it. The game itself is a glorified gacha/dress-up sim with RPG elements. Its entirely up to you how you play the game ultimately and whether you focus on being a self proclaimed MPV in an MPA or a handsome looking trap who's flamboyancy rings true throughout the fashion catalog.

Most enemies can be beaten regardless of your individual or collective DPS with the only thing getting in the way of that being the quest timer. DPS is subjectively perceived anyway. For someone who has played PSO2 for a long time, you will just know when DPS is lacking because facing a certain enemy will take longer than it might have done previously. For the most part, its really not a big deal when you reach true endgame.

I wish I could say more, but it really does help to just play the game and experience it first hand when faced with questions like this.

OP, do you get angry if you play ffxiv and see the party healer use DPS spells? Or while we're at it, do you think the tank and healer are the ones carrying the party and the DPS is just along for the ride and doesn't have to do any hard work? Serious questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphie View Post
    And considering the amount of shitters on ship02, you'd really have to do something spicy to stand out among all the flies.
    To not mention that SEGA most certainly is aware of the population on it too and opted to do nothing about it when they easily could, years ago. :v
    Not only that, when the DDOS attack happened at the start of Episode 2, access to the game was changed to be region locked to Japan only, but less than a year later that region lock was removed (except for SEA countries, I think?).
    If SEGA wanted to try to keep foreigners out, they would have kept the region lock in place.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

I would like a explanation On how exactly PSO2 isn't just a pure DPS race. because it looks more like a style over substance type of game which is not good for people who want to go for strategy Which obviously the game doesn't allow..Unlike PSO1 PSZ and PSU/Pspo1 & 2.

I will say thank you for keeping the forum alive with your threads. Most pso2 convo these days are on discord which is very toxic place.

Hopefully I can team with you on NA version if you won't come to JP
    playerID: redPG
    PSN: redPGC
    XB1: redPG
    Ship 2,4,6

DPS? dafuq are you talking about? this is a barbie game simulator where grown men buy overpriced female outfits and try to make their waifus as cute or lewd as possible because SEGA also approves lewd content

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Not only that, when the DDOS attack happened at the start of Episode 2, access to the game was changed to be region locked to Japan only, but less than a year later that region lock was removed (except for SEA countries, I think?).
    If SEGA wanted to try to keep foreigners out, they would have kept the region lock in place.
    It wasn't region locked, rather they used different routing to their servers that wasn't properly accessible by several ISPs outside of Japan, but there were still some that could connect even without a VPN/proxy; I was one of the lucky ones who had an ISP that could connect properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    It wasn't region locked, rather they used different routing to their servers that wasn't properly accessible by several ISPs outside of Japan, but there were still some that could connect even without a VPN/proxy; I was one of the lucky ones who had an ISP that could connect properly.
    Ah, I always assumed it was just a region lock.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Yea, it was not a voluntary lock, just that they only cared to solve the routing problem for their Japanese customers, I was also able to connect without VPN.