Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Break international law? I mean, really?

Yes really. I'm not going to brake the law just to play a few recent Phantasy Star games.
    Last edited by StreetFighter2242; Nov 13, 2019 at 07:33 PM.
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    I rather not brake international law, if that's okay with you. I rather play it though less non illegal means instead of taking the easy way out and brake some rules only for it to come back to bite me in the ass later.
    The worst thing that could possibly happen is that your account gets banned. Violating the ToS for an online game by being a foreigner isn't violating "international law", that's some stretch.
    And considering the amount of shitters on ship02, you'd really have to do something spicy to stand out among all the flies.
    To not mention that SEGA most certainly is aware of the population on it too and opted to do nothing about it when they easily could, years ago. :v

Doing yourself a disservice by being that paranoid, mate.
    シンフイ - Ship02 | Idola ID: 326,467,168

Quote Originally Posted by Symphie View Post
    The worst thing that could possibly happen is that your account gets banned. Violating the ToS for an online game by being a foreigner isn't violating "international law", that's some stretch.
    And considering the amount of shitters on ship02, you'd really have to do something spicy to stand out among all the flies.
    To not mention that SEGA most certainly is aware of the population on it too and opted to do nothing about it when they easily could, years ago. :v

Doing yourself a disservice by being that paranoid, mate.
    Iv'e been made it a personal policy to avoid titles in a franchise that hasn't been localized so idk about being paranoid.
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

Iv'e been made it a personal policy to avoid titles in a franchise that hasn't been localized so idk about being paranoid.
    You're right, that's not called being paranoid. That's called being stubborn, which isn't any better.

I rather not brake international law, if that's okay with you. I rather play it though less non illegal means instead of taking the easy way out and brake some rules only for it to come back to bite me in the ass later.
    oh right, i forgot you were the one who brought this up awhile back. Well all I can say is to let the paranoia and whatever personal morals you got get the best of you over playing a video game just because its not localized because with that mindset that would mean anyone whos ever imported a non localized game would be also breaking the law with how dumb that sounds its how it is by you for whatever reason thinking that people are going to go after you just because you played some Japanese MMO outside Japan.

I dont know what to tell you besides setting aside these personal morals "i can do no wrong" stance you got by just playing a video game, there are way worse things that can get you in trouble besides playing some MMO that isnt localized.

I won't respond to anymore of your posts if you're not willing to give the game a try just because its coming to the West in 2020, again, it makes zero difference whether you play now or then aside appealing to this moral stance you have on breaking da internashner law. Have a good one man
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    oh right, i forgot you were the one who brought this up awhile back. Well all I can say is to let the paranoia and whatever personal morals you got get the best of you over playing a video game just because its not localized because with that mindset that would mean anyone whos ever imported a non localized game would be also breaking the law with how dumb that sounds its how it is by you for whatever reason thinking that people are going to go after you just because you played some Japanese MMO outside Japan.

I dont know what to tell you besides setting aside these personal morals "i can do no wrong" stance you got by just playing a video game, there are way worse things that can get you in trouble besides playing some MMO that isnt localized.

I won't respond to anymore of your posts if you're not willing to give the game a try just because its coming to the West in 2020, again, it makes zero difference whether you play now or then aside appealing to this moral stance you have on breaking da internashner law. Have a good one man

I'll be honest with you..... Even if i could be willing to break the rules.... I can't play anyway .......It's not Possible at the moment....That and the fact PSO2 is a rather big game...It's gonna take A really good hard drive to support it
    Last edited by StreetFighter2242; Nov 13, 2019 at 08:59 PM.
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16822236339 I just bought one of these a month or so ago and it's playing just fine

been playing the entire 7 year run out of michigan here; no problems.

the terms of service stuff is just legalese so they don't have to train their support staff in multiple languages. even just before they added that to the terms of service even the producer was impressed by how quickly an english patch had surfaced.

also, back during that time we had to use cyberkitsune's proxy server tech to get around the weird IP address situation, cyberkitsune discovered that pso2 clients send enough data to the server that sega knows who the foreign users are, so if they really wanted to kick us off they would have done so years ago
    Last edited by Zorak000; Nov 13, 2019 at 09:15 PM.

Can't be a dps game if it's a fashion game

Misinformation about what constitutes as a law aside, there's nothing wrong with not wanting to play a game where it's against the ToS to play it, regardless of how much of a formality that is.