Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

So, this some is kind of troll thread? Cause either this or it's based on total ignorance of the game.
    There are a number of quests where strategy and skill at other things than dos are a lot more important than dps.

Not to mention dps alone isn't really worth that much in this game where enemy damage is super high and it's always a pain to see that glass cannon with his fancy gear die all the time and in the end not contribute very much cause dead dps is zero dps.

It's mentalities like that that caused me to stop playing CQ and TD 3 / 4 because so called pro players with their high dps failed hard at all content that wasn't based on purely getting the highest paper dps.

let the man ask his questions and stop giving him shit lmao

he's asking questions someone would ask if they didnt play the game which he admits to not doing. he had his reasons to not play the game and whether you agree with it or not doesnt really matter

let my mans live his best life already

only thing you could prob give him shit for is making new threads instead of using quick questions thread but that thread has its own issues

If the game doesn't appeal to you then don't play it? Why do you need the community to justify and bend the game into fitting your own preferences?

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Looking from above to below, we might not see that much we aren't used to seeing.
    Looking from below to above, we might dream to one day touch the heavens...
    Weeb Bot - Discord EQ Alerts
    PSO2 EQ API

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    So, this some is kind of troll thread? Cause either this or it's based on total ignorance of the game.
    There are a number of quests where strategy and skill at other things than dos are a lot more important than dps.

Not to mention dps alone isn't really worth that much in this game where enemy damage is super high and it's always a pain to see that glass cannon with his fancy gear die all the time and in the end not contribute very much cause dead dps is zero dps.

It's mentalities like that that caused me to stop playing CQ and TD 3 / 4 because so called pro players with their high dps failed hard at all content that wasn't based on purely getting the highest paper dps.
    you're confusing with dps due to affixes with dps due to skill, which are very much so not the same thing. affixes contribute to roughly 15-20% of your dps only, which is noticeable, but not even on the same order of magnitude as dps due to skill.

Quote Originally Posted by KazeSenoue View Post
    If the game doesn't appeal to you then don't play it? Why do you need the community to justify and bend the game into fitting your own preferences?
    I'm not trying to... Just trying to figure a few things out.

And even if i could it will never be to my "Preferences" due to one small detail...Although it's more of a artifical kind of thing and just my personal opinion.... other than that PSO2 Is fine and i look forward to playing it someday...So i might as well use what is avalaible to my advantage until that
    day comes, because i currently lack the means to play it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post

That's what i'm excatly asking.... But sorry if i offended you somehow by asking questions.
    Last edited by Dragwind; Dec 1, 2019 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Double post
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    That's what i'm excatly asking.... But sorry if i offended you somehow by asking questions.
    Your question was seriously dumb because in the vast majority of online rpgs dps is just one aspect of being a good player in endgame content. Not just that, you phrased it like a troll question, like saying only dps is important and anyway saying it's not is just making excuses.

It's the internet so obviously all online game forums are plagued by trolls and with such a question everyone thinks you are trolling in one way or another. Next time ask more like "What's important in PSO2 besides dps?" and no one will think you are trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    I'll be honest with you..... Even if i could be willing to break the rules.... I can't play anyway .......It's not Possible at the moment....That and the fact PSO2 is a rather big game...It's gonna take A really good hard drive to support it
    It's obvious that this person isn't really the brightest but this is pretty much what the reasoning amounts to among people who "REALLY WANT TO" but don't play. Whenever you see posts like this its by people high on a nostalgia rush from PSO but don't actually care about playing it or its sequel anymore. The US version is dead on arrival and pretty much there just to leech what little there is to leech off this game before it completely ends.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    It's obvious that this person isn't really the brightest but this is pretty much what the reasoning amounts to among people who "REALLY WANT TO" but don't play. Whenever you see posts like this its by people high on a nostalgia rush from PSO but don't actually care about playing it or its sequel anymore. The US version is dead on arrival and pretty much there just to leech what little there is to leech off this game before it completely ends.

People like this is why this forum is dead. Rude ass people every other post.
    playerID: redPG
    PSN: redPGC
    XB1: redPG
    Ship 2,4,6

Quote Originally Posted by huck View Post
    People like this is why this forum is dead. Rude ass people every other post.
    this forum is dead most of the time despite the quality of the posts. even though these 2 morons are reading this like it happened yesterday instead of letting the thread die off

mods please, instead of deleting my last post which wasnt anywhere near as bad as those 2 getting rustled, lock the dam thread. wow so hard
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Dec 2, 2019 at 04:12 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Let's actually discuss the thread, shall we?
    Honestly, that's how the game went downhill in terms of content IMO. It's always been a DPS race since EP1 and I feel that's why the social aspect of the game has been slowly fading away. Since everyone's so strong and self sufficient, you're not really encouraged to join strangers and make new friends unless you want a 40% triboost bonus and, even if you do, there's likely little to no communication involved. I think the self sufficiency of all classes are to blame, making PSO2 feel more like a single-player game with multiplayer aspects than the other way around. Hopefully, they are actually catching up to that and are making more content that doesn't necessarily focuses on DPS (like Étoile being a more defensive class and group chats) and I do hope they add more social content.
    Last edited by rokkuman; Dec 2, 2019 at 06:48 PM.