Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaz0r View Post
    Hate to be that guy, but expect delays, lack of information, and a possible cancellation (which wont be announced, they'll just stay silent)

Long live SEGAC
    Curve your enthusiasm, i know you yearn for the PSU treatment from back in the day but we dont even know who or how theyre going to handle the content this time around but i also dont doubt that this could happen after a period of time. SoA starts off good then slowly drifts into delay after delay and we're (you guys) now behind a year worth of content

Look forward to "unique" weapons and missing model data that they tried to pass off like in PSU and you had the drones defending SoA about the whole thing. Pretty pathetic time

Also watch them "barrow" whats been translated in the Eng patch and all they have to do is patch up the remaining spots that arent translated and go over whats already there and as far as i like to think, i dont believe the translation team can do anything about it since this is Sega's IP. It'll be a real embarrassment to see if they literally just copy/pasted over to show how lazy theyre being and somehow anything the translation team has made gets into the official game, like their work becomes an official part of the game outside text translations
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Nov 28, 2019 at 06:05 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Playing all classes you do play on your main is he best way to do it because it gives access to a lot more builds (meta and experimental alike) than splitting up classes between characters. Also, this way you have to level each class only once but if you for example do melee on one character and ranged on another both need to max hunter and for some builds you even need fighter (e.g. GuFi) and maybe also phantom.
    Also, if you play more than one character keeping up daily triboost is a pain and it makes a notable difference.

Technically that means you need 4 mags on your main (~11$) one per attack and one pure dex for phantom and braver (not much casting for damage on bouncer and you can easily make boots scale off s-atk so not needed).
    You should probably start playing classes that require only a single mag (e.g. only melee or only ranged or only casting) and if you like the game enough add another mag for an additional category of classes each time you want to try something new.
    Hero converts all atk to all-atk, i.e. any pure attack mag regardless of distribution will result in full s / r / t atk.

Make 2 new characters as early as possible and the only thing you need to care about is race and gender, though only for looks cause stats are so similar for everyone that it doesn't matter.
    Since you get all tree resets per character, even at lvl 1 they can help, not to mention you can send them to gather, etc. and get a good amount of money per week per character even starting lvl 1 with arks missions (luckily tas are no longer needed).
    And at lvl 5 iirc they can make a support partner which you can send out to gather some quest items for exp / money client orders.

You can buy a ton of gear in the player shop that's cheap and op early on.

skill simulator
    affix simulator

For a ton of info:
    https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Main_Page

For even more and even more up to date info:
    google translated Japanese swiki
    The main info you want from this are numbers (language is irrelevant) and weapon potential / SSA translations which google very rarely butchers so much you can't understand them, so without knowing any Japanese you can get a lot out of this site if Visiphone doesn't have the info, but it gets updated pretty frequently.

Login every day, quickly make a fashion catalog entry (how it looks is irrelevant) and like other fashion catalogs 10 times a day for quick and easy FUN which you can use for FUN scratch for some neat items (and 3 day shop passes which later on become the by far best source of money, but onyl if you got any decent stuff for sale).
    Also people tend to like your fashion catalog entry back if you like theirs, leading to relatively fast accumulation of likes regardless of your entry looking good or not. You get titles for up 2000 likes and they give Star gems which you can use for some nice stuff as well.
    Keeping these things up means by the time you want to use these resources you will have a good amount and won't have to wait a good while before you can do so.
    Before you have a bunch of stuff they go for a few hundred k or more in the shop you should not use any shop passes, just keep them until it's work using them.
    Last edited by mother clusterfck; Nov 30, 2019 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Technically that means you need 4 mags on your main (~11$) one per attack and one pure dex for phantom and braver (not much casting for damage on bouncer and you can easily make boots scale off s-atk so not needed).
    You should probably start playing classes that require only a single mag (e.g. only melee or only ranged or only casting) and if you like the game enough add another mag for an additional category of classes each time you want to try something new.
    Hero converts all atk to all-atk, i.e. any pure attack mag regardless of distribution will result in full s / r / t atk.
    Bouncer benefits from Dex mags, why would you opt for pure S atk over it when the skill does the exact same thing as Ph and Br? Even the 200 Dex will at least shorten the variance up a bit

Bo 200 Dex = 200 S/T atk
    Br 200 Dex = 200 S/R atk
    Ph 200 Dex = S/R/T atk
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Bouncer benefits from Dex mags, why would you opt for pure S atk over it when the skill does the exact same thing as Ph and Br? Even the 200 Dex will at least shorten the variance up a bit

Bo 200 Dex = 200 S/T atk
    Br 200 Dex = 200 S/R atk
    Ph 200 Dex = S/R/T atk
    Add to that the Mag Skills stack, so a Bo/Ph (which is a great combo) with a 200 DEX Mag gets 400 S-/T-ATK as opposed to just 200 S-ATK with a pure S-ATK Mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Curve your enthusiasm, i know you yearn for the PSU treatment from back in the day but we dont even know who or how theyre going to handle the content this time around but i also dont doubt that this could happen after a period of time. SoA starts off good then slowly drifts into delay after delay and we're (you guys) now behind a year worth of content

Look forward to "unique" weapons and missing model data that they tried to pass off like in PSU and you had the drones defending SoA about the whole thing. Pretty pathetic time

Also watch them "barrow" whats been translated in the Eng patch and all they have to do is patch up the remaining spots that arent translated and go over whats already there and as far as i like to think, i dont believe the translation team can do anything about it since this is Sega's IP. It'll be a real embarrassment to see if they literally just copy/pasted over to show how lazy theyre being and somehow anything the translation team has made gets into the official game, like their work becomes an official part of the game outside text translations
    I believe the saying is "curb your enthusiasm"

The fact that we dont know anything about the game other than that it's supposed to come out next year raises a ton of red flags. And not just because of PSU, but because of the earlier supposed release of PSO2 in US from 2013 that never happened. No word or notice or cancellation, it just never happened. I hope it doesnt happen again, but my expectations are low.
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

the article also talks about them moving the Japanese game servers from their in-house machines to Microsoft Azure; and while the article says they had some good tests with it at that point, I don't think they've done it with the live servers yet. I think I wanna wait for them to announce a new pso2 roadmap (which oughta be soon, we've been finished with the previous roadmap for a good month or two now I think) before I start speculating, but if they dont mention anything about migrating to a new server structure by oh say, June idk lol, then it can be safe to say the entire deal fell through lmao

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaz0r View Post
    I believe the saying is "curb your enthusiasm"

The fact that we dont know anything about the game other than that it's supposed to come out next year raises a ton of red flags. And not just because of PSU, but because of the earlier supposed release of PSO2 in US from 2013 that never happened. No word or notice or cancellation, it just never happened. I hope it doesnt happen again, but my expectations are low.
    Obvious flags we know already
    PSO2 NGS

Quote Originally Posted by Flaoc View Post
    just play the jp version
    I like full translations though.

And everything except for some minor NPC dialogue and non-critical story scenes ARE translated.
    -MikonX
    OG PSO2 real (JP) version
    Too many characters to list

Quote Originally Posted by MikonX View Post
    And everything except for some minor NPC dialogue and non-critical story scenes ARE translated.
    Yeeeaa I prefer full translation. Not 80 percent translation with alot of tutorials also not translated. Thanks though.