Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    and what has that to do anything with "cloud client"? they are talking in that interview about transition from their own data centre to azure, nothing about streaming
    Its almost implied that theyll use that service, even if they dont, they may use Cloud on the Switch for the West and even if they dont do those, who cares, just download the game
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Also, the current JP PC client does have a cloud version.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

the article sounds like it says they were primarily looking to move the game servers, even the JP servers, onto Azure; the cloud clients were more of a side benefit. They looked into AWS and Google Cloud, but microsoft showed up looking for something they could use to get Azure on the map. They went with Microsoft because they knew they could also help them expand PSO2 onto xbox platforms too.

I mean it could probably mean the end to no-maintence-week server instability heh

the article sounded like at that point they had conducted a number of tests; both with pso2 servers on Azure, and possibly PSO2 NA?
    Last edited by Zorak000; Nov 26, 2019 at 03:30 PM.

Azure is a cloud server service. It does not mean that the game will be streamed.

Highly suggest that all of you look into what cloud computing is before spouting some BS that they'll stream the game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_computing
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yeah like, putting the actual BACKEND SERVERS on the cloud would probably be a really good idea; that's what it sounds like they were interested in moreso than cloud clients

Given the tendency of western servers to be hacked to ruin, I'm not sure it would be a terrible idea to make a cloud streaming only client, if that where to happen to pso2 or any other MMO in the future.

getting some feedback from somebody that doesn't have to use google translate to read the article, there's a bit that sounds like:

"Microsoft really helped us out on the culture front too cause we assumed American players would probably be fine with our play-to-win structure but they're so used to pay-to-win they'd probably get mad if they spent money and then didn't get stronger from it"

aaaand there's the red flag (the article also only seems to say "american servers", no mention of Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    "Microsoft really helped us out on the culture front too cause we assumed American players would probably be fine with our play-to-win structure but they're so used to pay-to-win they'd probably get mad if they spent money and then didn't get stronger from it"

aaaand there's the red flag
    oh no
    oh no.

why do they think this is the mentality that we have? only a few people do but I guess those whales speak louder to them than the rest of us.

So much for my interest in the NA version, making it P2W is absolutely going to kill any interest in it for me.

getting some feedback from somebody that doesn't have to use google translate to read the article, there's a bit that sounds like:

aaaand there's the red flag (the article also only seems to say "american servers", no mention of Europe)
    All they need to do is keep the same exact structure as JP, dont change anything and naturally people will bitch no matter what but we dont want the SEA treatment to happen either
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

What the actual ****? The Sega representative outright said that (the majority of) US players prefer pay2win over play2win? Did they also imply that they will change the game to ensure that pay2win exists to please the majority?

If the translated part above is really true, it is a direct insult to gamers! If you said something like this a decade ago, you would get instantly fired without a memo and blocked from ever working in the industry again!

Also who said pay2win doesn't exist? Just because spending <insert amount> doesn't correspond to direct <reward>, it doesn't mean that players who do support the game with AC do not enjoy a relatively better gaming experience than the rest of us leechers. Larger inventory, more character slots, the chance of getting Add Ability tickets instead of having to fork over tens of millions of meseta etc. are QoL that save a lot of time and trouble.

Or are they going to implement full "direct comparison to other players" features to satisfy the people who want to be able to boast about the amount of money they spend in the game? (for example higher priority on model loading on clients of other players, bypassing filters like hiding accessories on other players, or even dps meters!)

Yes, I'm going full mental and tinfoil hat, but I can't believe that a game developer would say that they will implement pay2win because of player culture!