Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The lonely experience that is PSO2

So I came back to play around with PSO2 again after being largely inactive since 2012. I'm planning to play in the western servers when they open, so I wanted to try out some of the content that wasn't around when I used to play. I originally left because there was a notable fear of region locking the game early-on, but that that obviously didn't happen. I didn't want to sink time and money into something that would potentially kick me out. A bigger problem, though, was the feeling that the NA community just didn't belong.

While they added a bunch of content to the game, it feels... empty, socially anyways. In early PSO2, people used to actually interact in the lobbies, now its just... silent. I feel very alone in this game this time around, and its not that fun as a one player game. Maybe its just that I don't know where people go, but I don't want to draw attention to the fact that I'm a non-JP player, so I just keep to myself, which compounds the problem.

I hope that the NA release feels more like early PSO2, or even PSU. People talking and messing around in the lobbies, joining random parties (met some great people that way, even a few I later knew IRL), dance spamming, and just hanging out. I had 1500 hrs+ in PSU back in the day on PS2/PC, and way over half of it was just interacting with people and team members (the Loli Express, and which became the VCC). PSU had its negatives, but I'm starting to get rose-coloured glasses for it and JP PSO2 isn't what I want.

Here's hoping for the NA PSO2 servers to feel like early PSO2, and PSU (rip).

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

If you're on ship02, B07 is the new B20. You can go there to see what people are up to.

If you want something more personal, it is best to join a team. Today most teams use Discord to interact, so I hope you have an account at hand. Also, most of the game content these days is focused on the highest difficulty (UH), for which it is best to have a character at level 85+. And usually, for a better experience in the game it is necessary to be Expert, although it is not as if those with Expert are better than the others.

Same check Phantasy Star Fleet in discord for communicate with other players and join MPA's or other things.

yeah basically go to B7
    just ignore all of the degeneracy that occasionally happens there

The game is alot different from communication standpoint now

Mostly people are chatting via Discord VC or PS4 VC.
    playerID: redPG
    PSN: redPGC
    XB1: redPG
    Ship 2,4,6

Block 07 is definitely an improvement. Maybe I spoke to soon with this thread... we'll see how this all goes I guess!

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

Quote Originally Posted by Kimil Adrayne View Post
    Block 07 is definitely an improvement
    thats a bold post
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    thats a bold post
    i mean, every other Block is dead silent so if you want interactions with stragers B7 is the only place to really hang out.

B1, B2 and B22 sometime have a small chunk of social people in them, and it's not cringy like b7.

JP players usually hang out on the shared blocks if they want to be social in the lobby.