Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Deciding on Affixes

Been away from PSO2 for a long time, I used to be decent with affixing. Making units/weapons I liked that didn't break the bank. But, now there's just so many new abilities, affix items, etc. I just don't know what to go for on my units. I mained Fi/Hu before and played Hr and Br/Hu pretty often. But, with this new Phantom class, and Etoile coming out, would all atk units be worth it or would I not lose much sticking to S-atk?
    Not too thrilled at the idea of making a set for each atk type. My units had 5s Ether Factor, Elder Reverie, Power IV, Ares the Soul and Noble Power(Elegant is cheaper than Noble used to be now).

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    I've been messing around in there already. But I was hoping for some one else to share ideas.
    [https://arks-layer.com/abilitysim/#!...b1yU4GxbZ4azWG
    Last edited by kingdanny; Dec 8, 2019 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdanny View Post
    I've been messing around in there already. But I was hoping for some one else to share ideas.
    make sure you wait for Liberate units to release first (well at least wait for the stats to come out) and dont waste meseta affixing garbo Schvelle units since those are entry 13* units.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Also check out the Malulleybovo Affixing Assistant: https://malulleybovo.github.io/PSO2AffixingAssistant/
    It's a great place to start affix planning, although it looks like it could use an update (no Doom Break III, S6, S7, or S8 ).

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    make sure you wait for Liberate units to release first (well at least wait for the stats to come out) and dont waste meseta affixing garbo Schvelle units since those are entry 13* units.
    I don't agree that Schvelle are garbo (pretty close to Lightstream units). It's not something you should pass up while you can still take advantage of the Road to Etoile campaign. I do agree that you should wait to see how well Liberate units turn out before making any real affixing attempts.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    Also check out the Malulleybovo Affixing Assistant: https://malulleybovo.github.io/PSO2AffixingAssistant/
    It's a great place to start affix planning, although it looks like it could use an update (no Doom Break III, S6, S7, or S8 ).

I don't agree that Schvelle are garbo (pretty close to Lightstream units). It's not something you should pass up while you can still take advantage of the Road to Etoile campaign. I do agree that you should wait to see how well Liberate units turn out before making any real affixing attempts.
    i already mentioned prior in old threads but i dont expect people to listen:

-Schvelle are entry 13* units, just like 12*s on release, they were easily replaced not too long by newly released units
    -They're only appeal right now is S6-8 utility
    -Lightstream are still good and by no means needed to be dropped since (again) Schvelle aren't exactly a huge power creep
    -Liberate is on the way, best to wait and check before jumping to Schvelle
    -Assume when the next Raid hits that it releases another 13* set that those will obviously power creep current gear

If people feel the need to jump to Schvelle for whatever reason, be my guest and jump to them but dont complain when Sega releases better
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

Agreed that if you have Lighstream there is right now very little reason to make the switch but I still suggest getting a Set of Schwelle through the Event. Even if you don't use them as Units you can use them to Transfer S-Abilities to your later 13* Units.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdanny View Post
    I think this is a decent affix. However, if you can push one more Doom Break II and one more Ex Act Soul into that formula, then you can make it into a 100% chance affix, and you would only need an Ability +40% instead of a +45%. This would mean no risk when a Grace Power involved: https://arks-layer.com/abilitysim/#!...Fsc1IFxbZ4azWG

You can also try to replace Doom Break II with Doom Break III for even better stats, if your budget supports it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    i already mentioned prior in old threads but i dont expect people to listen:

-Schvelle are entry 13* units, just like 12*s on release, they were easily replaced not too long by newly released units
    -They're only appeal right now is S6-8 utility
    -Lightstream are still good and by no means needed to be dropped since (again) Schvelle aren't exactly a huge power creep
    -Liberate is on the way, best to wait and check before jumping to Schvelle
    -Assume when the next Raid hits that it releases another 13* set that those will obviously power creep current gear

If people feel the need to jump to Schvelle for whatever reason, be my guest and jump to them but dont complain when Sega releases better
    Are you seriously suggesting that I didn't listen? Just because I didn't agree doesn't mean I didn't listen.

I was addressing the OP who had taken a large break. Now, I don't know when that break was, but judging by what affixes were mentioned, the OP took a break in the middle of Ep. 5 and probably didn't have access to LS units. The best OP could have are probably Bode units. So I suggested going for Schvelle units while the Road to Etoile campaign is still active. Even Cleasis would be decent and are currently really easy to get. LS, in contrast, are still a pain in the butt to get.

There have already been units added since Schvelle were introduced: Novel, Equidic Grudge, and Avion Orb/Dusk. These units show the same pattern that we have seen all along: the balance of stats on units vary pretty wildly. There is no guarantee that new units will have a nice balance of stats. Schvelle has a nice balance of stats, like I said they are pretty close to LS.

Yes, we are all aware of the power creep that can happen at any time. We all take a risk when we commit to affixing any set of units. You said that OP should wait for Liberate units. Don't forget I AGREED with that.
    Last edited by Loveless62; Dec 9, 2019 at 03:33 PM.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

There's litterally a set of 6s Schwelle Units given out in the road to etoile campaign, grab that for a start (you don't even need to affix them) and then wait and see for the next power creep.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    Are you seriously suggesting that I didn't listen? Just because I didn't agree doesn't mean I didn't listen.

I was addressing the OP who had taken a large break. Now, I don't know when that break was, but judging by what affixes were mentioned, the OP took a break in the middle of Ep. 5 and probably didn't have access to LS units. The best OP could have are probably Bode units. So I suggested going for Schvelle units while the Road to Etoile campaign is still active. Even Cleasis would be decent and are currently really easy to get. LS, in contrast, are still a pain in the butt to get.

There have already been units added since Schvelle were introduced: Novel, Equidic Grudge, and Avion Orb/Dusk. These units show the same pattern that we have seen all along: the balance of stats on units vary pretty wildly. There is no guarantee that new units will have a nice balance of stats. Schvelle has a nice balance of stats, like I said they are pretty close to LS.

Yes, we are all aware of the power creep that can happen at any time. We all take a risk when we commit to affixing any set of units. You said that OP should wait for Liberate units. Don't forget I AGREED with that.
    relax

Quote Originally Posted by Saffran View Post
    There's litterally a set of 6s Schwelle Units given out in the road to etoile campaign, grab that for a start (you don't even need to affix them) and then wait and see for the next power creep.
    if you dont have Lightstream already, do this ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    PSO2 NGS