Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Slayers are a lot more situational, but Rippers? Way more practical. They're useful on as recent as 13* weapons because it's a 7% damage increase. They're not useful in all situations, but you can very much get a good amount of mileage out of them. Darker Slayer is easily the most practical of them considering the sheer amount of darkers in this game.

It's not just a couple of old gimmick weapons.
    I'd argue that if you're using a 13* at all nowadays it's for a gimmick, or because you can't afford anything better. In which case, why would you be investing in it? I didn't know the damage increase was 7% for 13*s though, I thought it was lower. I just can't think of a situation where I wouldn't just want a better weapon that works on anything and requires less investment to be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I'd argue that if you're using a 13* at all nowadays it's for a gimmick, or because you can't afford anything better. In which case, why would you be investing in it? I didn't know the damage increase was 7% for 13*s though, I thought it was lower. I just can't think of a situation where I wouldn't just want a better weapon that works on anything and requires less investment to be decent.
    13* crafting + Rippers but uhh remember, power creep which is why I'm guessing you're calling it a Gimmick which technically what I've been avoiding since 13* crafting has a been thing. Naturally Bo players benefit from it the most because of that class skill but eventually as higher tier 15*s release it becomes useless again
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

If it is indeed 7%, then it's interesting for a Fo/Te with elemental conversion. I'm thinking a full elemental set of Crafted Val rods at +35 with 3 multiplying SSAs, Phrase Weak, the matching elemental Ripper, Tech V, Apprentice Soul and Grace Tech. I would also change their broken appearance to mach my old 10★ elemental set weapons (the ones that multiplied element by 16%).
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    13* crafting + Rippers but uhh remember, power creep which is why I'm guessing you're calling it a Gimmick which technically what I've been avoiding since 13* crafting has a been thing. Naturally Bo players benefit from it the most because of that class skill but eventually as higher tier 15*s release it becomes useless again
    I don't even mean in the context of power creep, just that you're spending a lot of resources to do what other weapons can do with less investment. The only reason to do that imo, is because the weapon in question does something unique, or has a really high specific multiplier, and there' aren't a lot of 13* or lower weapons that have a unique effect that isn't a gimmick, or done better by a higher rarity weapon with an SSA. 13* crafting isn't cheap.

For what it's worth though, I don't think gimmick builds are bad, just that they aren't enough for me to recommend ripper affixes to a normal player. Using the affixes themselves IS the gimmick honestly.

If it is indeed 7%, then it's interesting for a Fo/Te with elemental conversion. I'm thinking a full elemental set of Crafted Val rods at +35 with 3 multiplying SSAs, Phrase Weak, the matching elemental Ripper, Tech V, Apprentice Soul and Grace Tech. I would also change their broken appearance to mach my old 10★ elemental set weapons (the ones that multiplied element by 16%).
    I don't even think we have the affixes for every element yet, let alone the relevant ones. Not to mention they all come from different seasonal/event EQs, so some of them straight up aren't dropping right now. If they were more accessable then I don't think I'd have as much of a problem with them.

EDIT: Also, I think Invade or a profound weapon would be better for that, since their pots have secondary effects, and in the case of invade, more damage.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Dec 16, 2019 at 12:17 AM.

I don't even think we have the affixes for every element yet, let alone the relevant ones. Not to mention they all come from different seasonal/event EQs, so some of them straight up aren't dropping right now. If they were more accessable then I don't think I'd have as much of a problem with them.
    Just checked the shops, they're all available, prices vary. That being said, I also checked to affix rate, 20% for with 3 fodders!!! Eat my dick PSO2 Team!!
    Spoiler!

I don't even mean in the context of power creep, just that you're spending a lot of resources to do what other weapons can do with less investment. The only reason to do that imo, is because the weapon in question does something unique, or has a really high specific multiplier, and there' aren't a lot of 13* or lower weapons that have a unique effect that isn't a gimmick, or done better by a higher rarity weapon with an SSA. 13* crafting isn't cheap.
    I should have mentioned everything you listed here as to what else I was referring to but assumed you knew what I meant

Just checked the shops, they're all available, prices vary. That being said, I also checked to affix rate, 20% for with 3 fodders!!! Eat my dick PSO2 Team!!
    he thinks 20% is bad lol
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Because investing in crafting weapons with ripper essentially lets your weapon btfo of Atlas on average, and in some cases cleanly beat LS.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Because investing in crafting weapons with ripper essentially lets your weapon btfo of Atlas on average, and in some cases cleanly beat LS.
    I'll take your word for it then.

val weapons have obnoxious variance, so you would never want to do something like this without 100% crit. you'd be better off using invade rods for this purpose if you want, but they don't beat LS without slayers added too. there's no point unless you are min-maxing for a specific purpose (or are questionably insane like neko).

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    val weapons have obnoxious variance, so you would never want to do something like this without 100% crit. you'd be better off using invade rods for this purpose if you want, but they don't beat LS without slayers added too. there's no point unless you are min-maxing for a specific purpose (or are questionably insane like neko).
    I wouldn't know, never used a Val weapon before, I just figured it was a nerfed Atlas minus S4. That being said, I know the variance of the regular weapon crafting has changed a while back to be more like regular rare weapon, I don't know if it's the same for crafting 13★ weapons.

Anyway, like I said earlier, the affix rate on these Ripper are borderline insane, not getting involved with this.
    Last edited by the_importer_; Dec 16, 2019 at 10:16 AM.
    Spoiler!