Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Apprentice Soul, Any reverie here, Doom Break III and whatever else. If you're a whale you may be able to add Crack V and Mana Reverie. (Not recommended.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    relax
    You're the one who threw bullet points at me LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    Apprentice Soul, Any reverie here, Doom Break III and whatever else. If you're a whale you may be able to add Crack V and Mana Reverie. (Not recommended.)
    Of the reveries other than Mana, Persona has the best attack stats, has the easiest downside to live with, and is usually the cheapest to purchase.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    You're the one who threw bullet points at me LOL
    I didnt, because if I did, YOU would for sure know it. I would have made sure YOU knew exactly that I was talking about YOU and only YOU

there feel better now?
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

Guys. be nice. Fighting over stuff like that just ruins the mood.

On Topic, Agreed on the Persona Reverie, 13* Units usually already have really good Defense so the Def malus doesn't hurt as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Shear View Post
    Guys. be nice. Fighting over stuff like that just ruins the mood.

On Topic, Agreed on the Persona Reverie, 13* Units usually already have really good Defense so the Def malus doesn't hurt as much.
    in the current relevant UH content, you NEED Def, Hp is always nice but a unit like Rappy Shine in UH content aint cutting it anymore. So a nice combo of Def+Hp will of course help you more than just pure Hp. I'm not going to advocate pure Def either
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

Also agreed on that, my 1500 HP saved my Ass many times. I mostly say the Def less an Issue with the new 13* Units because they get a very hefty boost in Def compared to their 12* variant. 50 Points each in fact. If you use Novel Units it's even higher as defense wise they are the strongest units and even have a beefy HP Bonus. A shame they only have 2 PP each, though the Upgrade might fix that.

Shvelle units are very good, not at all garbage. It's just that the difference to Lightstream isn't big enough to make new units if you have good LS units already.

That aside, what did UH change about def? I tested Rappy Shine vs Zeinesis several times in XH and the difference was only 30-40 damage. Is the difference bigger in UH?

UH enemies seem to have lower base ATK, but a higher multiplier(after the atk-def part is done) so defense does work better there. In fact, if you stack enough you will get less damage than on XH. Rappy Shine is basically dead on UH, but you get to be overall tankier if you raise your defense instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    in the current relevant UH content, you NEED Def, Hp is always nice but a unit like Rappy Shine in UH content aint cutting it anymore. So a nice combo of Def+Hp will of course help you more than just pure Hp. I'm not going to advocate pure Def either
    While I do agree with the fact UH needs DEF, comparing the DEF malus from triple persona Reverie to Rappy Shine seems a bit...overblown. even in UH -60DEF doesn't translate to taking 400+ damage like Shine does. and at the end of the day, the HP/PP malus from the other reveries is also annoying. You can also largely offset that by using Ex type souls and glare affixes if you so choose (also mentioning the whale options like Crack, Returner or Ether factor if that's your jam)
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Dec 13, 2019 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    While I do agree with the fact UH needs DEF, comparing the DEF malus from triple persona Reverie to Rappy Shine seems a bit...overblown. even in UH -60DEF doesn't translate to taking 400+ damage like Shine does. and at the end of the day, the HP/PP malus from the other reveries is also annoying. You can also largely offset that by using Ex type souls and glare affixes if you so choose (also mentioning the whale options like Crack, Returner or Ether factor if that's your jam)
    I implore to use Rappy Shine in UH if you arent already doing it and compare dmg taken from units with standard 350+ Def like LS and tell me you think Rappy Shine is worth using for stuff that hits 777 or higher. That -Def is very noticeable. Do whatever you want though, floor is usually everyones best friend
    PSO2 NGS