Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    val weapons have obnoxious variance, so you would never want to do something like this without 100% crit. you'd be better off using invade rods for this purpose if you want, but they don't beat LS without slayers added too. there's no point unless you are min-maxing for a specific purpose (or are questionably insane like neko).
    Damage variance gets normalized for crafted weapons doesn't it? The main reason not to use Val weapons for crafted 13*s would be the fact that the pot is 10% damage and nothing else, when there are other 13*s with s1-3 with better pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Damage variance gets normalized for crafted weapons doesn't it? The main reason not to use Val weapons for crafted 13*s would be the fact that the pot is 10% damage and nothing else, when there are other 13*s with s1-3 with better pots.
    Invade Sorcerer-NT is the only 13★ that remains with S1, S2 and S3 which does more than just 10% more damage (12%), we fall in the 14★ after that.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

I am not a theorycrafter, but from the posts here I've understood the following: -NT crafting is worth going for only and only if all of the following happen at the same time:
    1) Extended to max rank (obviously)
    2) Effective Crit rate boosted to near 100%
    3) Slayer/Ripper combination for a specific enemy type and element, with Darker / Light being the most useful.
    4) Weapon must be among some very limited pool of weapons that have S-ability availability AND overpowering potential when compared to flat +10% / +13% boost.

If the above all happen, the weapon provides a noticeable performance boost for the specific Enemy Type / Element combination. If one of the above does not apply, the weapon provides barely noticeable (if any) performance boost over 15*s. So the crux is that unless it's a seriously devoted player, it's not worth going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I am not a theorycrafter, but from the posts here I've understood the following: -NT crafting is worth going for only and only if all of the following happen at the same time:
    3) Slayer/Ripper combination for a specific enemy type and element, with Darker / Light being the most useful.
    4) Weapon must be among some very limited pool of weapons that have S-ability availability AND overpowering potential when compared to flat +10% / +13% boost.

If the above all happen, the weapon provides a noticeable performance boost for the specific Enemy Type / Element combination. If one of the above does not apply, the weapon provides barely noticeable (if any) performance boost over 15*s. So the crux is that unless it's a seriously devoted player, it's not worth going for it.
    in the case of the zeinesis wand its a good idea to craft it ? im considering it because i like the effect of party heal and damage buff and there is no S-ability that does something similar so far

and as fully technique Te/Fo that weapon got outdated in matter of damage long ago
    Last edited by silo1991; Dec 16, 2019 at 04:29 PM.

Invade NT and I think a specific 7 or 8* series are the only ones worth bothering for crafting unless you're filling in for a specific niche. The 7/8* series ( I can't remember the name) only reaches 14/15* damage if it manages several extensive affixes for stuff like Rippers, Ult Busters etc @ 8's to make it work.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    in the case of the zeinesis wand its a good idea to craft it ? im considering it because i like the effect of party heal and damage buff and there is no S-ability that does something similar so far

and as fully technique Te/Fo that weapon got outdated in matter of damage long ago
    If you are a Wand-user Te/Fo (like me), you may want to wait for Aletheia Wand to be released in PSO2es. Update: It's extending, we can add classes or try for great success. Aletheia Rod with Techer added on it can work. While it will have about 300 T-atk less than maximally extended Zeinesis, it will support S1, S2 and S3, it will bring +17% Power (Zeinesis brings +12%) and the 2% Party Power buff and heal as well. The negatives, however, are that 1) we don't know when Aletheia Wand will be available, 2) You will need extreme luck or no-lifing the relevant EQ session in PSO2es to get a single drop and 3) You will need 1500 cubes to get it to +35, since weapons from PSO2es drop at +30 cap only. On the plus side, you will not need to spend Plagrimos, Emerards, Diards etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Invade NT and I think a specific 7 or 8* series are the only ones worth bothering for crafting unless you're filling in for a specific niche. The 7/8* series ( I can't remember the name) only reaches 14/15* damage if it manages several extensive affixes for stuff like Rippers, Ult Busters etc @ 8's to make it work.
    Was it the Red and Blue weapons that drop in Advance Quests? Did they get -NT treatment or are they still exclusively OT?

-=EDIT=-
    Updated a bit in the first paragraph
    Last edited by Dark Mits; Dec 16, 2019 at 05:38 PM.

Invade Sorcerer-NT is the only 13★ that remains with S1, S2 and S3 which does more than just 10% more damage (12%), we fall in the 14★ after that.
    Invade is mainly what I was referring to. If you're going to bother doing this you might as well go all out.
    Damage variance on crafted weapons doesn't matter unless it's an OT weapon and below a certain craft level. You don't need 100% crit.

blop
    that wand with zeinesis potential plus S-abilities :O , sign me in

Was it the Red and Blue weapons that drop in Advance Quests? Did they get -NT treatment or are they still exclusively OT?

-=EDIT=-
    Updated a bit in the first paragraph
    no, I honestly don't remember the name for it
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

overall I think making a bunch of extended ripper/slayer weapons might be more effort than anybody needs for the game right now

however making one light weakness / anti-darker weapon, and one dark weakness/ if they ever give us an anti-glowbot ability weapon would probably still get a good amount of use