Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 548
  1. #311

    Default

    I managed to get some redeem codes and am now good for the beta, yay.

    Beta is extremely tight for my timezone though for these urgents and such so I have some questions to help me actually be able to contribute when these urgents pop up and not be like lv1 scrublord.

    I think by time I get on I will have like two hours before the 2nd urgent on Saturday, after the tutorial what should I look to be doing quest/mission-wise?

    Also I'll be going for the basic hunter class, and I've heard about these traps in some kind of skill tree or something? Is there a guide any where for this, and if I do get something dumb, can I 'reroll' somehow?

  2. #312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by watashiwa View Post
    ITT: Weebs playing JP PSO2 reaching really hard to find any reason to shit on the NA version and/or prevent people from playing there.

    Pretty sad.
    no one is doing this you special needs

    Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Like i said, "translation mistakes are okay as long as im used to them".
    How do you even know they were mistakes in the past games? PSU had a literal 4 1/w year lifespan in the West and could have swapped out the spelling at any point and now that they're translating it a different way, suddenly its the "correct" way because the support class "protects". Do you just eat up any translation they give? Just like Elders Arm portion being called "Obsidian Dark Arms" or w/e but we're all used to the translation "Raging Dark Arms".

    Quote Originally Posted by Dauston View Post
    Also I'll be going for the basic hunter class, and I've heard about these traps in some kind of skill tree or something? Is there a guide any where for this, and if I do get something dumb, can I 'reroll' somehow?
    you'll probably have to dig around or ask for a tree build either in the Quick Questions thread or the Class threads so you don't our Skill Points into Skills you don't need.
    Last edited by Kril; Feb 5, 2020 at 04:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX - the man stuck in 2014 View Post
    Kewl, I'm using double set still, since when crafted stat boosts can overcome any full 12* set.

  3. #313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by watashiwa View Post
    ITT: Weebs playing JP PSO2 reaching really hard to find any reason to shit on the NA version and/or prevent people from playing there.

    Pretty sad.
    No one is preventing anyone from playing there. If anything, Microsoft is preventing more people from playing on there by making it an xbox one timed exclusive. You should have an understanding that people are going to have concerns for the NA version cause there is no way that they will live up to the JPN version since no company in history has.

  4. #314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dauston View Post
    after the tutorial what should I look to be doing quest/mission-wise?


    This is Kofi (translation pending), talk to her after every quest, she will unlock for you almost everything that's blocked in the game (MAG license, subclass license, level cap, even new planets but not sure if that is still locked today), her orders should be top priority for new players, don't bother with other NPCs unless she orders you to talk to them (to get your MAG for example).

  5. #315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post


    This is Kofi (translation pending), talk to her after every quest, she will unlock for you almost everything that's blocked in the game (MAG license, subclass license, level cap, even new planets but not sure if that is still locked today), her orders should be top priority for new players, don't bother with other NPCs unless she orders you to talk to them (to get your MAG for example).
    ah great, thanks man

  6. #316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post


    This is Kofi (translation pending), talk to her after every quest, she will unlock for you almost everything that's blocked in the game (MAG license, subclass license, level cap, even new planets but not sure if that is still locked today), her orders should be top priority for new players, don't bother with other NPCs unless she orders you to talk to them (to get your MAG for example).
    $10 say they'll call her Coffee.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

  7. #317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    How do you even know they were mistakes in the past games? PSU had a literal 4 1/w year lifespan in the West and could have swapped out the spelling at any point and now that they're translating it a different way, suddenly its the "correct" way because the support class "protects". Do you just eat up any translation they give? Just like Elders Arm portion being called "Obsidian Dark Arms" or w/e but we're all used to the translation "Raging Dark Arms".
    We know it's the correct way because that's literally how it's written in Japanese and has been even back in the PSU days.
    There is a difference between テクター (Tekutā) Which you would romanize as Techtor/Techter and テッカー (Tekkā) which you would romanize as Techer.
    And for the record, the word "Protector" is written like this プロテクター (Purotekutā). This isn't rocket science we aren't talking about Kanji like with Quest names. And while we're at it...



    Kanji have often multiple meanings but hatin' is easier than using google for 5 min i guess.

  8. #318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    We know it's the correct way because that's literally how it's written in Japanese and has been even back in the PSU days.
    There is a difference between テクター (Tekutā) Which you would romanize as Techtor/Techter and テッカー (Tekkā) which you would romanize as Techer.
    And for the record, the word "Protector" is written like this プロテクター (Purotekutā). This isn't rocket science we aren't talking about Kanji like with Quest names. And while we're at it...
    Kanji have often multiple meanings but hatin' is easier than using google for 5 min i guess.
    whatever you say bootlicker, people like to change the way everythings spelled and then decide to stick the Kana for once. Can really tell you never played the older games either

    I'm not the only one thinking this either for Techer over "Techter"
    https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status...54911633727494

    oh ya "Soaring Blades" over Dual Blades while keeping everything else the same, for what purpose was this name change needed???
    Last edited by Kril; Feb 5, 2020 at 09:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX - the man stuck in 2014 View Post
    Kewl, I'm using double set still, since when crafted stat boosts can overcome any full 12* set.

  9. #319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    whatever you say bootlicker, people like to change the way everythings spelled and then decide to stick the Kana for once. Can really tell you never played the older games either

    I'm not the only one thinking this either for Techer over "Techter"
    https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status...54911633727494
    Out of 64 answers to this tweet only like 7 complain about the change and 4 of them are like "Oh I didn't know Techter is the correct way to translate it" (which btw even the official Twitter account said is the case) after being clarified. What is your point? You really wanna be childish and throw insults around because you can't believe you're wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    oh ya "Soaring Blades" over Dual Blades while keeping everything else the same, for what purpose was this name change needed???
    Because ever since the inception of EP3 you can see casual players constantly confuse Dual Blades with Double Sabers. These names are practically interchangeable. But w/e I guess im a bootlicker not disagreeing with the evil NA version
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; Feb 5, 2020 at 09:23 PM.

  10. #320
    Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ship 2, Oberon City
    Posts
    1,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Out of 64 answers to this tweet only like 7 complain about the change and 4 of them are like "Oh I didn't know Techter is the correct way to translate it" (which btw even the official Twitter account said is the case) after being clarified. What is your point? You really wanna be childish and throw insults around because you can't believe you're wrong?



    Because ever since the inception of EP3 you can see casual players constantly confuse Dual Blades with Double Sabers. These names are practically interchangeable. But w/e I guess im a bootlicker not disagreeing with the evil NA version
    The fault of not calling them Twin Sabers.

Similar Threads

  1. PC: How do you sign up for the Closed Beta?
    By Zinger314 in forum PSO General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Mar 19, 2004, 12:27 AM
  2. XBox: closed
    By FearNight in forum PSO Trading (Closed)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 27, 2003, 12:50 PM
  3. XBOX LIVE Beta tester, I hope we can get PSO
    By WEBDAVE in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Aug 24, 2002, 05:51 PM
  4. Xbox live beta
    By rbf2000 in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Aug 22, 2002, 10:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •