Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24249505152535455 LastLast

Sure is a lot of old and tired censorship talk in here. Big surprise, that. Heh.

I'm personally kind of baffled that there are folks in here who don't think the vast majority of PSO2 outfits are sexed up sleazy nonsense. Like, at least 75% of the female outfit selection is straight up slutwear. No getting around it. If you think otherwise, well, I think your brain's been poisoned from playing too much equally sleazy animu nonsense.

Still waiting for the original Humar suit to get converted for female characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    It would make sense, depending on the situation.
    If you know it'll be a while, you won't stand there and would sit to rest your feet before the time is ready.

Outside of the teleport, I gave up paying attention to most in MPAs anymore because I don't like to imagine some person running around with soap suds and a dakimakura while floating around in the air with either the Wand or Doublesaber in hand.
    I just look out for death markers now (and of course enemies).

The only problem is that I don't care for lolis in general, but someone short doesn't always equate loli either. I have 3 characters at the shortest height and they're fine in general.
    Could not make them in NA though.

One example would be her.
    I went with the lowest height in PSO2NA compared to PSO2JPN. Puberty hit her hard from being 11 to around 15 or 16. She doesn't look right on the NA size.
    Shouldn't use NA numbers and try to replicate them in JP, because apparently the baseline height for NA is different from JP while the model size is... basically the same.

Why would they change the numbers while the models are identical? Hell if I know, ask SEGA. But you shouldn't have any issues replicating your character in NA even if her height mysteriously gained 12cm at the exact same physical presentation.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

A majority of the outfits - as in, outer, base, and inner wear worn as one "outfit" - aren't "sleazy and sexed-up."

However, if you were to suddenly take the base wear for Outfit X, which is some tights and a corset, meant to be worn under a big flowing dress, and simply not put on the dress? Then sure - there's a sleazy, sexed-up outfit for you, same as if I decided to walk into work today wearing nothing but socks, boxers, and an undershirt.

There's a few that are designed to be more provocative, for sure - I mean, we have micro-bikinis and stuff like the Lady Ogre stuff, tangas and the like - but the majority? Not sexy and "slutty," unless you're not wearing the full outfit.

But that's just my opinion on it. I think of all my characters... not a single one is wearing anything "slutty and sexy." Not even partner machines. The worst offender might be that black camisole top with the tan / white shorts? It's a nice casual-style outfit for a partner machine, and when the character in question wears it it's paired with a red jacket overtop that looks pretty spiffy.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Ok, luckily I did record some footage of the opening scene when you first arrive on Naverius, and the blocking is identical to what can be seen via the Event Chronicle; they did not just change the numbers, it is still in the correct centimeter measurement.

So in order, I have my minimum height CBT character, one of my JP characters at ~153cm, and that same character at minimum height:
    Spoiler!

And for reference, here are the uncropped screen shots:
    Spoiler!

And another set from the same scene:
    Spoiler!

And just to show that the blocking and/or camera angle does not change due to character height, here is my 202cm CAST:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Anduril; Feb 12, 2020 at 04:31 PM.

"The whole area is covered in green. Gets the blood pumpin"
    What the hell Sega?? RED is the color that makes the blood boil, not Green!

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Ok, luckily I did record some footage of the opening scene when you first arrive on Naverius, and the blocking is identical to what can be seen via the Event Chronicle; they did not just change the numbers, it is still in the correct centimeter measurement.

So in order, I have my minimum height CBT character, one of my JP characters at ~153cm, and that same character at minimum height:
    Spoiler!

And for reference, here are the uncropped screen shots:
    Spoiler!

And another set from the same scene:
    Spoiler!

And just to show that the blocking and/or camera angle does not change due to character height, here is my 202cm CAST:
    Spoiler!
    Yeah... that won't work well for some of my characters.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    Yeah, "short" doesn't always mean "loli."

Heck, I made a character with the express purpose of being a pure support character, and named her "HealBot." Shortest I could make her, to resemble a partner machine. Her partner machine, also, is an exact duplicate of her except as tall as possible, with the same exact name. Try to keep them using the same weapons too, so it looks like just a mass-produced thing.

That's the problem right now with loli to many people equate a smallish character with being a loli.

Immersion is such a strange thing to ask for in this game. What are you going to do when Col Arks Rappy runs past you and starts melting everything like butter in an EQ? Abandon because your immersion was ruined? Your going to fight a giant space flower on a floating platform in space in Ep 3. Or all the time travel bull shit they pull out. Lets not even get into EP4 and some of the bull shit they pulled storytelling wise in ep 5. Perhaps saving your immersion for you and your group of friends may be the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    It does and does not at the same time. I know it sounds paradoxical.

The point of playing video games is to have fun in your free time (or even during work if you're lucky). Fun is, without a doubt, subjective. People get to have fun with different means, or with different uses of the same means.

The content of online games is not just what the developers have created and provided to the players, but also what the players themselves bring, and how each player uses the tools given by the developers. Without other players, online games would be singleplayer experiences with frequent patches/updates. This is not much different than tabletop games like Monopoly (PvP game) or D&D (PvE game), where experience and fun gained from playing them is mostly from the interactions and performances of the other players. And simlarily to non-computer games, your fun depends on if each match evolves to your liking, or if you have noticed that you personally have achieved greater "progress" than in previous runs even if the end result was defeat, or something else entirely subjective and personal (for example seeing your son beat your performance).

This is why I say that performance and non-performance factors are of both equal and non-equal importance. Because it is entirely subjective and depends on each player. Not everyone plays the same game for the same reason.

Sega listened to player feedback and implemented the Expert requirement feature, which has had an impact on player experience. My suggestion/request/complaint is something entirely client-side, which does not impact the experience of other players.
    how would someone look at someone elses attire in a Fantasy world somehow make their skill diminish or set to "good or bad" just because what they're wearing is "out of place" to them? Someone wearing a bikini over someone wearing a set of combat clothing doesn't impact somebodies level of skill in the game. Only the individual playing their character can do that and thats a whole other conversation.

Your suggestion for having that be an option for client side is fine, if people really feel their "immersion" is being "violated" by lots revealing skin then let it be a thing.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Did anyone else have issues with the game fully fitting their T.V screen? I had where parts of information on the left side were cut off, such as partially my name/hp area, and the box at the top right displaying monster/drop info---and just generally any information that is displayed very left.

My T.V options don't give my anything to resolve this, nor does that xbox calibration thing after trying for an hour---is there anything in the game itself? Literally every other xbone game, ps4, and switch is fine aside this one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dauston View Post
    Did anyone else have issues with the game fully fitting their T.V screen? I had where parts of information on the left side were cut off, such as partially my name/hp area, and the box at the top right displaying monster/drop info---and just generally any information that is displayed very left.

My T.V options don't give my anything to resolve this, nor does that xbox calibration thing after trying for an hour---is there anything in the game itself? Literally every other xbone game, ps4, and switch is fine aside this one game.
    I assume you have connected your Xbox to your TV with HDMI cable. So there should be an option on your TV to set the output to 16:9, or 4:3, or 14:9, or letterbox, or same-as-input, or zoomed-in, or any other option that many TVs offer. Try a few different modes and check to see if the full image is shown in any of them. If they are, then you will need to find the other option that has to do with horizontal/vertical position of the output and zoom factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I assume you have connected your Xbox to your TV with HDMI cable. So there should be an option on your TV to set the output to 16:9, or 4:3, or 14:9, or letterbox, or same-as-input, or zoomed-in, or any other option that many TVs offer. Try a few different modes and check to see if the full image is shown in any of them. If they are, then you will need to find the other option that has to do with horizontal/vertical position of the output and zoom factor.
    Yeah, my TV always defaults to Zoom when I plug in a new HDMI device, so if I don't change it, it cuts off part of my screen.
    On the screen size calibration on XBox, if I leave it on Zoom, I can't see the green line at all and it is really close to the blue one instead: